Stayed for 4 nights and tomorrow checking out. Very close to Airport. Ticks all boxes for basic need, nice and clean room, comfortable bedding, menu variety, range of restaurants and mostly business travelers so no-nonsense around.
F&B manager Mr Rahman never missed an opportunity to have a word with guests, which is nice. Staff is welcoming except Bar area, wherein i felt a bit of distance, unwelcoming poker faces and a shade of attitude, may be because i declined their suggestion of single malt and preferred to taste local beer instead.
Pricing is on higher side for all services like food, travel desk. Dinner or lunch buffets can cost your around $25 USD. Charged me around £60 for 6 hour cab, which is around double than local rates. Roof top grill restaurant is good and so is the small pool which is not really big but clean though.
Overall recommended property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm Greetings from Dhaka Regency Hotel & Resort – The new-generation business class hotel closest from the airport! We have 214 luxuriously furnished Guest Rooms and Suites, Thai Spa, Health Club, Bar, Lounge, Multi Cuisine Restaurants, countries most beautiful Roof Top Restaurant with Swimming Pool and World Class Venue facilities.Be it a 3-minute drive from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport or around the bend from Baridhara Diplomatic Zone or a 15-20 minutes ride away from the Banani and Gulshan Commercial Areas, Dhaka Regency Hotel & Resort is conveniently situated to target and attract the market segment that requires lodging services most frequently. Moreover, its proximity to the industrial belts of Tongi and Export and Processing Zone (EPZ), where the ever-flourishing readymade garments (RMG) sector of Bangladesh is situated and which contributes to the lion share of inbound travels to the nation, makes the hotel's location even more prime.15-stories high with over 250,000 sq. ft. of space (including 15,000 sq. ft. parking lot), this edifice of classic stature structured for 214 luxuriously furnished guest rooms and suites , including the exclusive club floors with it's private VIP lounge, began as a venture of the UK based NRB's. Each room is equipped with central air-conditioning, satellite television, International Direct Dialing, mini bar and an electronic safe.Dhaka Regency boasts on running the largest 24-hour 5 Star restaurant in the country, Grandiose Restaurant, offering international multi-cuisine delights and three buffet meals per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Dhaka Regency Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dhaka Regency Hotel And Resort
- Dhaka Regency Hotel Dhaka
- Dhaka Regency Hotel & Resort Dhaka Division, Bangladesh