“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Westin Dhaka

You added Westin Dhaka to your Saves list
Westin Dhaka
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Main Gulshan Avenue | Plot-01, Rd 45, Gulshan-2, Dhaka City 1212, Bangladesh   |
Ranked #5 of 52 Hotels in Dhaka City
Rockville, Maryland
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed at the Westin Dhaka for about three weeks, during a period of political strikes (hartals) that often made traveling within the city difficult. The strikes were boring but I felt quite safe and comfortable in the hotel.

The hotel is quite clean and comfortable. During my three weeks stay, everything pretty much worked as it was supposed to and the hotel was quite efficient in resolving any problems.

The internet was not great (sometimes fast and sometimes slow), I suspect that this is more related to Bangladesh than the hotel. At present they do not charge for the connection but I understand that they are in the process of introducing internet fee. :(

The service is quite good. As I mentioned, friendly and also quite efficient. I never felt that I was bothering them with anything and it did not take long for them to learn who I was and my little quirks. The service did not suffer at all during the strikes.

The food is quite good. The breakfast buffet is extensive and pretty complete. For other meals, the hotel tends to be pricey. In the main restaurant, lunch and dinner are offered as buffets with a large range of choices. Of course, they also have a la carte menu as well...not cheap but a better if you don't have a big appetite. There are many local restaurants in walking or a close drive...good food and cheap. I would highly recommend the ice cream on the ground floor, especially the sorbet.

I would definitely return and definitely recommend to other.s

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Ours is the place indeed where our priorities are the safety and comfort of our guests; and it is good to see that this has been noticed.

We have taken note of your experience of internet use inside our hotel. It may be mentioned that your suspicion is correct - the sudden fluctuation of speed was because of the country's broadband infrastructure. Nevertheless, we are always trying to improve our services where it is possible.

We will be delighted to have your hotel booking with us during your next visit to Dhaka.

Nazrul

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
  • Turkish first
DELHI INDIANational Capital Territory of Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

A five star hotel with all modern amenities. Wifi internet, a huge variety of breakfast to select, and Westin work out. The hotel is located in Gulshan 2 area and having easy access to near by shopping centers and market.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for authenticating our hotel to be placed in the best location of the city and appreciating the good selection of our breakfast items.

We look forward to your next reservation with us.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Modern and new hotel in Bangladesh, well maintained.
In the middle of the Gulshan district, so be prepared to be woken up by the hoots and horns of the busy road in front of the hotels. Not a problem for the heavy-sleeper me.
Nice hotel with good selection of breakfast items, THE HOTEL to stay in you are visiting Dhaka on business. Doesn't feel like Dhaka when in the hotel....love the fresh smell of sweet-smelling lilies when you first entered the lobby at lower ground.

LOVE the heavenly bed, and the heavenly bath, another signature hotel under the Westin group, beat other hotels in Dhaka hands down. If you have the BUDGET, this is the hotel to stay in Dhaka!

Room Tip: stayed there several times. Once they upgraded me to their suite, with a separate living room and be...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Nazrul I, Manager at Westin Dhaka, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Nothing pleases us more than a satisfied guest who returns to us. It is good to see that you have stayed with us several times.

Thank you very much for appreciating the signature of our Westin brand - the heavenly bed and the heavenly shower.

We are eager to book your next reservation with us; can we do it now?

Kind regards.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I've stayed at the Westin in Dhaka twice now and I dont think you are going to get anything better. It is clean with spacious rooms and the staff is very helpful. Located close to the diplomatic quarter you are secure and can get around as easily as anyone can get around in Dhaka--the traffic is the worst!

Favorite things about the hotel: the cafe downstairs has good food that you can take to go--better and cheaper than room service. Shwarma is delicious. They also serve gelato--bonus points! The breakfast is included in your room and the buffet is plentiful with westen and South Asian food. Good wifi!

The pool area also looks nice, although I never used it.

Worst things: The lighting in the bathroom is not the best for putting on make-up and the hairdryer is in the desk drawer, rather than the bathroom, which always annoys me.

Perhaps the most important thing about this place is that is across from the "U-Mall" which has a great pearl shop and antique store. The peald shop has every type at every price. They will hand string in whatever style you want and have it sent to your hotel within 24 hours. Ladies will love it, and men should go for the ladies they left at home. I had Christmas shopping done within an hour!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your good comments on our food and services.

Your comment on lighting and plamement of hair-dryer in room has been received with the due importance it deserves. We will give our best possible effort to resolve the issues that you mentioned.

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

It's great to be back and recognised by name on arrival from the airport rep, had my diet coke in the car they remembered my choice. Checking into the hotel was less than 2 mins, tipu sultan was there to receive me on the club floor and was courteous as normal. My room as requested on the 21 st floor was super as normal. I got a nice welcome back personal note from the gm. Made me feel like a million bucks, used the gym the best I have used anywhere with great attentive and helpfull staff, the Internet is now much better as they have improved it. My stay was great with the usual fast service, felt very safe in this place amidst the mayhem in the country , security is excellent and I felt good getting my business done.

Room Tip: 21st floor for me.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Your wonderful review of our hotel will inspire us to do more in terms of services.

It will always be great to have you back amongst us in future.

Thank you for taking time to review our property.

Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at the Westin Dhaka for five nights on a business trip. The hotel arranged the pick up service from the airport, and the driver was very polite. As soon as we got on the car, he handed us iced towel and water, which were very much needed in that kind of hot & humid climate. Check-in was prompt, and receptionist was warm and welcoming. The room is decent, comparable to most Westins in Asia.

I was busy working and having non-stop meetings at this hotel. Even though this was my first trip to Bangladesh, I barely had a chance to explore anything else in the city, which was pathetic. On the other hand, I spent a lot of time in this hotel, and I have to say, the service is top notch. The guys at the Executive are really great, very attentive, while we were busy working, they made sure everything was taken care of. We were never short of water, tea, and biscuits. For our working lunch, they worked with the room service team, to ensure we got our food at the exact time we wanted. For dinner, they worked with kitchen and made local special, off the menu items. We were very impressed and grateful. Next time I go to Dhaka, we stay here for sure.

Room Tip: Stay on the executive floor
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for declaring that you will stay with us during your next visit to Dhaka.

We acknowldege with gratitude all the great comments you have posted about our hotel and the services of our associates.

When can we take your next booking?

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

i stayed in westin for 3 nights..very spacious rooms with big washrooms..pure white linens, robe and towels...with all necessary amenities... i impressed with their prompt and quick service. they also have nice conference room.nicely decorated rooms and lobby. hotel is equipped with a beautiful swimming pool and gym. Food quality is good with good range of cusines and variety..restaurant is well decorated and nice....nice location ..situated in one of the very important area in dhaka...airport is almost 5.5 miles from hotel..
overall an excellent hotel in dhaka...will recomment for all..

Room Tip: pool facing rooms provide nice view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to see that one of our valued guests is not only appreciating our amenities and services but also recommending it to others.

We will be delighted to welcome you in our hotel during your next visit to Dhaka.

Thank you for reviewing our property.

Nazrul

Been to Westin Dhaka? Share your experiences!