I stayed at the Westin Dhaka for about three weeks, during a period of political strikes (hartals) that often made traveling within the city difficult. The strikes were boring but I felt quite safe and comfortable in the hotel.
The hotel is quite clean and comfortable. During my three weeks stay, everything pretty much worked as it was supposed to and the hotel was quite efficient in resolving any problems.
The internet was not great (sometimes fast and sometimes slow), I suspect that this is more related to Bangladesh than the hotel. At present they do not charge for the connection but I understand that they are in the process of introducing internet fee. :(
The service is quite good. As I mentioned, friendly and also quite efficient. I never felt that I was bothering them with anything and it did not take long for them to learn who I was and my little quirks. The service did not suffer at all during the strikes.
The food is quite good. The breakfast buffet is extensive and pretty complete. For other meals, the hotel tends to be pricey. In the main restaurant, lunch and dinner are offered as buffets with a large range of choices. Of course, they also have a la carte menu as well...not cheap but a better if you don't have a big appetite. There are many local restaurants in walking or a close drive...good food and cheap. I would highly recommend the ice cream on the ground floor, especially the sorbet.
I would definitely return and definitely recommend to other.s
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax, revive, and experience renewal at The Westin Dhaka – the newly opened five-star hotel in Gulshan. Nestled in the new business district, we are steps from renowned shopping malls, foreign missions, restaurant, art, private clubs, and multinationals. Our hotel is also only eight kilometers from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport. Refreshing and contemporary, our 241 spacious guest rooms and suites offer modern amenities. Restore the body and expand the mind with the pure relaxation of our signature Heavenly Bed®. The oversized four-fixture bathroom with Heavenly Shower® ensures you feel refreshed. Every guest room offers a generous workspace and High Speed Internet Access. Five contemporary meeting venues offer over 2,000 square meters of functional space. This includes state-of-the-art meeting and banquet facilities featuring LED lighting for an extensive variety of lighting effects, customized projections, and a sound system in the Westin Grand Ballroom. Replenish in our bar or six restaurants. Revitalize in our temperature controlled poolside recreational area that offers spa facilities, steam room, sauna, and Jacuzzi. Our state-of-the-art fitness center offers endless possibilities for your wellness. The Westin Dhaka ensures you will leave our hotel rested, energized, enriched, and renewed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Westin Dhaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Dhaka Hotel Dhaka City
- Westin Dhaka City
- Dhaka City Westin
- Westin Dhaka Dhaka Division, Bangladesh