I have been staying at Westin Dhaka every 3-4 months now, last one being in May 2012. Over the last 2 years I have seen prices increase at a visible pace, and now I can say that the hotel is overpriced. Dhaka, unfortunately, does not have many 5 star hotel options, and I think Westin owners are taking advantage of this. I am hoping other 5 star international brands also open up so that prices come down to a sane level.
Having made this initial comment, I don't want to take anything away from the otherwise good experiences I have had at the hotel. I have found the staff to be pleasant, smiling, willing to help. Check-in and check-out have been generally hassle free. The rooms are of reasonable size, bathrooms are huge, all necessary amenities are present.
Breakfast spread is reasonable. I tried the italian restaurant, Prego last time around and the food was excellent, but again overpriced.
Suitability of the location will depend on where your business is in Dhaka. If it is in the main district business, then you need to give over an hour of travel time in the atrocious Dhaka traffic. If it is in or near the Gulshan/Banani area, then you are fine.
All in all, my only issue is the price and even with my Company paying for it, I am not sure if next time around I will be able to afford Westin Dhaka. Already have started to look for other alternatives for my next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax, revive, and experience renewal at The Westin Dhaka – the newly opened five-star hotel in Gulshan. Nestled in the new business district, we are steps from renowned shopping malls, foreign missions, restaurant, art, private clubs, and multinationals. Our hotel is also only eight kilometers from Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport. Refreshing and contemporary, our 241 spacious guest rooms and suites offer modern amenities. Restore the body and expand the mind with the pure relaxation of our signature Heavenly Bed®. The oversized four-fixture bathroom with Heavenly Shower® ensures you feel refreshed. Every guest room offers a generous workspace and High Speed Internet Access. Five contemporary meeting venues offer over 2,000 square meters of functional space. This includes state-of-the-art meeting and banquet facilities featuring LED lighting for an extensive variety of lighting effects, customized projections, and a sound system in the Westin Grand Ballroom. Replenish in our bar or six restaurants. Revitalize in our temperature controlled poolside recreational area that offers spa facilities, steam room, sauna, and Jacuzzi. Our state-of-the-art fitness center offers endless possibilities for your wellness. The Westin Dhaka ensures you will leave our hotel rested, energized, enriched, and renewed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Westin Dhaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Dhaka Hotel Dhaka City
- Westin Dhaka City
- Dhaka City Westin
- Westin Dhaka Dhaka Division, Bangladesh