In my mind, the Pan Pacific Sonargaon is certainly the best hotel in Dhaka. There are only two rivals; the Westin in Gulshan and Radisson near the airport. (The Raposhi Bangla (old Sheraton) will shorty close for a renovation but until then does not compare with the other three.)
The reception at the Pan Pacific is everything I expect and want from a five star; lovely, large foyer and very friendly service. The lay out is spacious with all the amenities you would expect (patisserie, restaurants, book/clothing stores, business suite, shoe shine guy etc, etc). The lift up to the room are a bit slow - but hey. As for the room, they are to a five star standard. Remember, this is Bangladesh so nothing is ever real five star like you would find in Delhi or Dubai, but this is as close as you will find. The bathroom was less than perfect as the pie plate shower head leaked all over but... hey.
The best part of the hotel is, in my mind, the most important: the poolside. A wonderful, large tiled pool and a small knee deep paddling pool next to it. Excellent pool side/bar/lunch facilities with a cabana in the corner. the gym is excellent as is the spa facilities. At night, we would come down and have our dinner outside by the poolside. Very nice. The breakfast buffet was absolutely splendid.
The Pan Pacific serves that vital role as sort of an embassy where you come off the crowded streets of a big third world city into the cool, calm - and secure - surrounds of a proper high end western hotel; one where everyone can trot around the pool in bathing suits and enjoy a cocktail or whatever. We were only going to spend one night there but opted to stay another it was so pleasurable. The staff at the front desk then allowed us to extend our departure so we could stay by the pool for some of the third day which was appreciated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pan Pacific Sonargaon, Dhaka welcomes you with a warm heart to enjoy the typical five-star facilities available; from first class surroundings to world-class hospitality in true Pan Pacific style, right from the airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Pan Pacific Sonargaon Dhaka reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pan Pacific Sonargaon Dhaka Hotel Dhaka City
- Pan Pacific Dhaka City
- Dhaka City Pan Pacific
- Pan Pacific Sonargaon Dhaka Dhaka Division, Bangladesh