“Very good hotel, but expected more facilities. ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ruposhi Bangla Hotel

You added Ruposhi Bangla Hotel to your Saves list
Ruposhi Bangla Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Minto Road, Dhaka City 1000, Bangladesh (Formerly Dhaka Sheraton Hotel)   |
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Dhaka City
“Very good hotel, but expected more facilities. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2014

Nice warm hotel. The management plans to renovate it to meet the modern standards. Stayed there for 4 nights and the breakfast lacked verity and felt repetitive. Rooms were good and nicely maintained though it felt bit stuffy because of the old furniture and carpets.
Felt bit on the expensive side compared to the facilities available.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Having spent 5 hours in Dhaka's dreadful traffic jams this hotel was a nice escape. The reception was efficient, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast delicious with good choice. The staff was very attentive and responsive. It seems like time was invested into training. All of my requests were addressed promptly. Their airport chauffeur service definitely recommended. Overall a good stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
JMcDonaldDhaka, General Manager at Ruposhi Bangla Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2014
Greetings from Ruposhi Bangla Hotel!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. We greatly appreciate your kind words regarding our colleagues and our property. We are glad that you enjoyed our facilities, but most importantly, our service levels. We hope to host you again, so we may have the pleasure to serve you in the near future in the all-new InterContinental Dhaka.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I have visited Dhaka three times for business, and always choose this hotel for good breakfast, nice sport club, good internet connection, and a bit old but very clean room with enough bottles of water. But today, I experienced amazing guest service in this hotel.

Soon after I realized I left my mobile phone somewhere, I went to the front desk to see if they had found my phone left somewhere in the hotel. But they hadn't and they allowed me to use one of their cellphone to call the lost phone. We found it's calling, but we couldn't find it in the lobby.

So I thanked them for their support, and went out to other places where I might have left the cellphone. Due to the traffic jam, it took one hour to go to only one office to see nothing is left behind, and I went back to the hotel wondering what could happen if it is stolen.

In the lobby, the manager of guest service came to me and told me that he had found my phone in a sofa on the lobby. He kindly took his one hour to seek my cellphone while making a phone call to mine! I haven't experienced such a unexceptional help of guest service people , if they know I'm not sure if lost it in the hotel or somewhere out.

Thank you very much for your help, and I was about to lose all the precious data in the phone. It's totally my fault to lost my phone, but you saved me.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
JMcDonaldDhaka, General Manager at Ruposhi Bangla Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Greetings from Ruposhi Bangla Hotel!

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your experience at our property. We are glad to perceive that you liked our breakfast, recreation club, internet facility and cleanliness.

Thank you for your positive comments about our customer service as it is always a great pleasure to hear from satisfied guests like you. We will certainly share your kind words among our colleagues and we are sure they will be inspired to aim even higher and deliver superior service to all our valued customers.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Gurgaon, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

A great hotel, excellent property, lavish rooms, courteous staff and great food. A very comfortable business trip overall. though I did not have much time to explore the hotel facilities due to lack of time, I had a good stay and would recommend the hotel for both business and holiday travellers.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
JMcDonaldDhaka, General Manager at Ruposhi Bangla Hotel, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Warm Greeting From Ruposhi Bangla hotel!

Thank you for your kind words and feedback.

There is no greater satisfaction than receiving positive feedback from a valued guest. Providing unmatched guest service is a tradition of our property and we are especially pleased to read that you felt this commitment during your stay. We all look forward to your return; it will be a pleasure to host you again sometime soon!
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

If your purpose of visit is business and you have to meet up with government officials and go back and forth to different offices then this hotel is not a bad choice.

Perks
1. Outdoor swimming pool
2. Nice restaurants ranging from Indian to Italian.
3. Decent shops and sitting areas.
4. Close to the National Museum

Downside
1. Not suitable if your purpose of visit is tourism.
2. Traffic jams will drive you crazy.
3. Too many official meetings give the hotel a more work like environment.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
JMcDonaldDhaka, General Manager at Ruposhi Bangla Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Warm Greetings from Ruposhi Bangla Hotel.

We would like to thank you for your appreciation of our property with special reference to our Location, restaurants, open swimming pool, sitting areas & shops.

We certainly agree with your opinion regarding the traffic around Dhaka city and we are hopeful of infrastructure improvements some time soon.

As a valued guest, your comments are important to us and we appreciate the time you have taken to give the comment. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Kinda of clean, service was good, but the food was average, room average, and overall wasn't worth the rate. The place needs a serious makeover.

Squash court was cool to have - they provide free equipo and the gym was good. The traffic is so bad in Dhaka that it takes 234342 hours to get 100 meters, so I was literally stuck here for days.

Try to get a room near the top so you don't hear the crazy traffic.

Room Tip: Near the top floor
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Greetings from Ruposhi Bangla Hotel.

We would like to thank you for your appreciation of our property with special reference to our Squash court, Gym, and our service.

We absolutely agree that the traffic congestion in Dhaka is very challenging, but we are hopeful that future infra-structure development plans might resolve the issue.

We may mention at this time that we do agree that our hotel is showing signs of age and as such may advise that as of September 1st we are closing our doors and embarking on a comprehensive renovation emerging and re-branding as InterContinental Dhaka in early 2016.

Thank you once again for taking your valued time to provide your comments at the TripAdvisor.

We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights on a busines trip. I'v been to Dhaka a few times already, but this is the first time I tried staying at a 5 star hotel. Perhaps my expectation was too high, when I stepped into the room, I was a little disappointed as the deco was old, the amenties were obviously dated and worn, and the bathroom had water leaking problem which I did not bother calling hotel maintanance, I just used towel to cover the ground... As for the food, the food for breakfast is OK. There is also an Italian restaurant that we tried a couple of time during our stay, the pizza actually was quite good.

It's located in the old part of the city. The traffic was extremely bad, the worst experience this time was 5 minutes drive distance took us 50 minutes in the car, absolutely crazy! Having said this, if your business connections are mostly in the old city, it may not be a bad idea to stay here.

All in all, considering its price tag, it's still worth considering if you want to stay at a 5 star hotel but intimidated by the highly priced Westin and Radisson. I heard from the hotel management that this hotel will shut down for renovation from September 2014 for 1.5 years, then it will become INTERCONTINENTAL. I bet by the time it reopens, it won't be at this current price range. Hopefully there are a few more 5 stars coming up into this market, so that competition can bring down the prices...

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
JMcDonaldDhaka, General Manager at Ruposhi Bangla Hotel, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Greetings from Ruposhi Bangla Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We are glad to hear your Comments regarding our food in breakfast and pizza in Italian Restaurant.

In addition, we certainly empathize with your unfortunate experience regarding the traffic on your way to your destination. We are hopeful of infra-structure improvements some time soon.

With regards to our aging product, we do agree with you and we understand that we need to upgrade the property in line with modern amenities and facilities and we are pleased to inform you that we are currently working on extensive renovation plans and hope that we will surpass your expectations in the future. The hotel will be re-branded as ‘Inter Continental Dhaka’ upon completion and re-opening.We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future and provide you with the service you deserve and expect from us.

Been to Ruposhi Bangla Hotel? Share your experiences!