“Nice place. Near to Sadarghat.” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Architectural Buildings
Attraction Details
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
9 attraction reviews
“Nice place. Near to Sadarghat.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

You can travel to this place and Sadarghat together. A bit overcrowded but there is a museum inside and its just a nice place to look around if you have time. You can see the sadarghat from the top of the Ahsan manjil stairs. The Sadarghat is a post within the city centre linking the city with other parts of the country. Overall a nice vibe of old Dhaka.

Visited February 2014

• Thai first
London, England, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
“Another pink building!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Can you believe they painted all the historical buildings pink? Lol. Lovely building though, do visit the Pori bibi's tomb otherwise her ghost will haunt you for life :D

Visited February 2013
Brooklyn, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Don't hold your breath”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I was fortunate enough to live in India, so sometimes these things seem underwhelming- that was the case in this instance.

Visited June 2013
Yerevan, Armenia
25 attraction reviews
“Nice historical site.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Ahsan Manzil was in our list to-visit places in one day along with Lalbagh Fort and Armenian Church. We did like it, although, unlike Lalbagh it was overcrowded and very polluted. It looks like a more popular place with locals then Lalbagh. There is a museum inside too. Before you go there, consider that it's closed until around 1 pm. The most unpleasant thing about this place was that they refused to let me in when they saw I was holding a camera, despite me trying to explain that I won't take photos if it's not allowed, and I have no other place to leave my expensive camera while I'm inside. In the end, my husband ended up visiting the place alone, while I was waiting outside. But then, for some reason they changed their mind, and told me I could go in, with condition that I took no photos. By the time I was in, I was so disappointed, I didn't care to see anything. They should state somewhere that it's not allowed to take photos, or at least maintain a security box where you can leave your camera.

Visited December 2013
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
12 attraction reviews
“Nawab's of Dhaka”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

this was the place for the Nawab's of Dhaka. situated beside river Buriganga at sadarghat, Dhaka. now a museum to see and have some idea about the lifestyle of the Nawab's of Dhaka.

Visited February 2013