“Calcutta's flavor” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oh! Calcutta

Oh! Calcutta
6th Floor, Kazi Herritage, House No. 49, | Road No. 11, Block – H, Banani, Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 259 Restaurants in Dhaka City
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: It is a pretty new restaurant which has opened in Dhaka. Originally from Calcutta
New Delhi, India
“Calcutta's flavor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Brilliant.. Especially for Indians and more specifically for the Calcuttans.. The cuisine is so very delicious.. Don't miss the Aloo Bhapa, Murshidabad er murgi fry, Chanal Kalia, etc dishes..

Visited August 2013

Dhaka
“Flavour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Very expensive home cooked food with good service, thats the type of restaurant it is. There isnt many Bangla food restaurants where you can take foreigners out, this is probably the only good and clean one.

Fish and patol dolma is really good.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Expection not met”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Well time comes when you constantly listen about the good things of a restaurant but when you actually visit it is below your expectation. my case is same for Oh Calcutta. I have heard so much about this restaurant from my colleagues friends peers others but when I actually visited this place I didnt like it. Food is very much ordinary and taste is not above expectation. So I have fulfilled my duty and will not visit it within near time but you please follow your heart and have at least one visit

Visited June 2013
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
“Excellent environment, nice foods and expensive!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I attended a business meeting over lunch at Oh! Calcutta. We were told that it had reputation for it's buffet. They gave us a warm welcome But as we entered, they let us know that buffett is not available for the day. So we had to order for the menu books. They have nice collection of meals and traditional Bengali foods. Their foods are yummy but bit expensive. Though I was told that their buffet is not expensive and include many dishes. Stuffs are well behaved and helpful. You allowed to sit there with spouse or the loved one as long as you want. They also has a special corner where you can have small corporate meeting over lunch.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dhaka
“Bangla fusion at its Best !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I had received mixed reviews about Oh Calcutta from friends and family so wasn't so eager to check it out until we received an invitation for dinner. That was our first visit. The restaurant is on Road 11, Banani, our version of KL's Jalan Alor. Road 11 is happening, infused with eateries ranging from Western to Asian, Desi, middle eastern, as well as dotted with ice cream parlours, cafes, you name it this street's got it. A quick elevator ride will take you to Oh Calcutta which is on the top floor. The decor is simple yet classy with tid bits of Calcutta paraphernalia illustrated here and there. Our gracious host ordered various appetizers which which smartly served by several waiters. Interesting note here is all the dishes served are what we eat pretty much everyday however it was presented in a new way. It reminded me of that Iindian Chef Vinit Bhatia from TV's 'Twist of Taste' where he would take everyday menus and give it a twist. One appetizer that sticks to mind was a betki fish appetizer served with a sublime mustard sauce. Another was a vegetable patty made of green bananas. Main dishes were eelish, meat dishes, rice. The luchi was delicious as well. Sizes were big and it was served fluffy and hot. If I had to get picky I would say dessert was not their forte. The sweets served were average and the spread was limited. Ironic as you would think sweets are what made Calcutta famous. However, we were all so full from the meal, truth be told, we did not have any space for much dessert. I really can't comment on the prices as our gracious host paid the bill but I can imagine the place is being on the expensive side.
Its basically Bangla food without the intense spices and easy on the stomach. I can suggest this place to Non Bengali clientele too who will find Oh Calcutta easy on the palette. So check it out, You maybe pleasantly surprised as I was.

• Visited March 2013