“A Wonderful Place to Stay and Relax” 5 of 5 stars

FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #2 of 98 Hotels in Baku
Certificate of Excellence 2014
East Quogue, New York
“A Wonderful Place to Stay and Relax”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My friend and I stayed at the Absheron and had a great stay. The rooms were clean and spacious and the bed was so comfortable! The staff was also very nice, professional, and accommodating, and spoke English very well. Their pool was also very nice and relaxing, and the view of the city was spectacular!

The only negatives I have are that housekeeping tried to enter the room twice when we had not requested them to, the view from the room was of the construction going on next door, and the heat in the jacuzzi wasn't working.

All in all, I will stay here every time I visit Baku :)

• Stayed May 2013
Guy_Godet, General Manager at JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Stephanie G,

We express our gratitude to you for sharing this comment after your recent stay in our hotel, and it is pleasure to learn that room design, fitness and pool area were of your taste, and deep thanks for highlighting our hotel staff being experienced, as well.
At the same time accept our sincere apologies for inconvenience you faced, and, of course, be sure that such types of shortcoming will not happen again in the future, and we will do all our best to make your future stay more comfortable and memorable. It is honorable for us to be your first choice by your next visit to Baku.

Kind regards,

JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Polish first
Baku, Azerbaijan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

All hotel experiences should be like this!
The adverts may even be understated on their website, I found the staff to be so accommodating and hospitable; by the second day of my stay, the breakfast crew already had my omlette waiting with coffee and newspaper. They seem to anticipate all of my choices. My room was beautiful and well maintained. Room service was both prompt and courteous. I would like to thank all of the staff including Javanshir, Niyaz, Nasir, and Orkon for for their exceptionally superior service! Management is definately doing it right here!

Room Tip: I wish I could offer some insider tips here, but both rooms I stayed in were extaordinary.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Guy_Godet, General Manager at JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear William F,

We would like to thank you for your recent visit to JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel and sharing your experience among TripAdvisor.com users.

It was truly a pleasure to serve you, and at the same time, we are delighted to learn that the accommodation and service level were to your liking, as complete satisfaction ans anticipation to guests' needs is our main goal at JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel. Please rest assured that your appreciation note for our associates will be shared between their department heads, which will serve of a great encouragement for our team.

Dear William F., we would love to have the pleasure of seeing you as our regular guest.
and are looking forward to your next visit and wish you the best in your business and personal endeavors.

Yours sincerely,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

This is a new, modern, lovely hotel. I arrived at 6.00am in the morning after a delayed flight! Check- in was smooth, quick and efficient! The young man at reception was friendly and spoke good English. I had my room key very quickly.
The sheets on the bed were so comfortable and soft as was the mattress!
The sliding door which opens up the room and bathroom really brightens up and makes the room feel bigger.
The room has an illy espresso coffee maker which I used each morning and thought was a lovely touch.
The 5th floor business lounge is spacious and quiet. It allows great views of the Flame Tower and sea front at night. Soft drinks, beer, wine and food are free until 22.00. This area also offers breakfast in the morning the bread, fruit, cereal and eggs are very good. The meats cold and warm less so!! If you are in a rush there are plastic containers for food and take away coffee for the 'on the go' business person.
There are 2 restaurants and a bar on second floor. The restaurants offer all you can eat buffets which are better value than the 2 glasses of red wine and Marriott burger that I had.

There is a mall nearby will food court, cinema and many designer outlets. You can easily stroll a long the sea front for miles from this hotel.

I also got a late check out till 14.00 by phoning reception on the morning of departure.

I would strongly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear PhilDerry77,

Thank you so much for choosing JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel for your recent stay in Baku. We read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

It is pleasure for us to know that you enjoyed your stay; location of the hotel, room interior and design, restaurants, and especially Executive Lounge area which can be the best place to be for business traveller.

Again we want to express our deep gratitudefor sharing positive feedback and your support to reccomend our hotel to TripAdvisor.com users, and of course, it will be a great pleasure for us to welcome you again in JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel and make your stay comfortable and unforgettable even more!

Kind regards,

Isle of Wight
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I arrived at 3 in the morning and was greeted by wonderful staff. The bedroom was fantastic with amazing views over the Caspian Sea. The bedroom was spacious with a connecting bathroom with an opening wall on to the bath (that could be closed as required).
I only stayed for 12 hours in the hotel but I wish I could have stayed longer. The staff I encountered were very friendly and the location for I needed was perfect. I will defintely go back and recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Guy_Godet, General Manager at JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear paranoa,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience after your recent stay in our hotel, we are delighted to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and pleased with the high level of service, we do hope that next time you will have a chance to stay for longer period of time in JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel, and, of course, we will do all our best to make your stay much more comfortable.

Again thank you for leaving such a positive feedback and hope to see you very soon in our hotel.

With my kindest regards,

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was staying in JW Marriott Absheron Baku in April. I had a business trip and had choice between Hilton and Marriott
I chosed Marriot because of the membership first and some recommendations from my friends
First impression on the arrival was great, however doorman didn't know english except Welcome
The room was nice and well-appointed with double sliding doors between the bathroom and main bedroom which is actualy great decision for open air feeling. Internet was fast and I did not have to log in every day.
Great minus, but i think it was not hotel mistake is security. I agree it is some goverment event but guys I am also a guest and sometimes i felt uncomfortable.
Special Thank you to Erkin and his Bellman team with escorting and assisting me with nearest taxi point every single day. It was really impressed
The rooftop pool was minimally used but view is best in city
The coffee shop Zest had scrumptious cakes, coffee and tea. There one stop assistant for all request on the room phone was a great idea.
I will come back to this hotel in future

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Guy_Godet, General Manager at JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Richard G,

Thank you so much for taking time and leaving such a positive comment about our hotel, and thank you twice more for choosing JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel and staying loyal to Marriott Branded hotels worldwide. Please be assured that all above mentioned points are shared between the departments which serve of a great encouragement for us, at the same time receive our sincere apologies for experiencing some inconvenience with security people during your stay. It will be pleasure for us to welcome you back, make your stay more comfortable and deliver high level of service once again by your next visit to Baku.
Thank you!

Your sincerely,

Sumirago, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Really nice hotel, modern and well organized, the service is really good as the Italian restaurant, rooms are new and with a modern design.
All the staff is friendly and organized.
Hotel is new open last 2012

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Guy_Godet, General Manager at JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Powergi,

Thank you very much for taking time and writing such positive comment about our hotel. It is pleasure to learn that you were satisfied with your stay, and we want again express our deep gratitude for choosing JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel. Hope to see you with us by your next visit to Baku.

Yours sincerely,

General Manager.
Baku
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have stayed in Marriott in November 2012. I was with small child and I reserved a bed for a baby. When I arrived the bed wasn't in the room, had to call reception to remind. The room was so small that when they brought baby bed we had to rearrange (!) all furniture in order to accomodate a bed. Room was small, with the baby bed it was impossible to walk anymore. The staff was nice and helpful but if there is a baby bed in the reservation you can't put people into the smallest room you have.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Irada H.

First of all, we would like to thank you for your rating and comment which are very important for us. Please, accept our sincere apology for facing such kind of inconvenience and of course we will avoid this type of shortcomming in the future. We do hope that by your next visit to our hotel you will be delighted by the level of service and we will do all our best to make your and your family's stay more comfortable. Again thank you for taking time and express your feedback.

Your sincerely,

General Manager.

Been to JW Marriott Absheron Baku Hotel? Share your experiences!