“My favorite hostel in Armenia” 5 of 5 stars

Envoy Hostel and Tours
Pushkin 54 - Entrance from Parpetsi Street, Yerevan 0002, Armenia   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Udon Thani, Thailand
“My favorite hostel in Armenia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Friendly, helpful staff, relaxed atmosphere, comfortable beds, quiet rooms, clean showers - what's not to like? I stayed there on maybe 20 occasions in 2010-2012 and never had a bad experience. Well, once some guy snored really loudly.

Room Tip: Best room: upstairs behind the office. Fewer beds, daylight, quiet. But there's really not much...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
IRAN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I went to Yerevan by envoy hostel tours from Tbilisi at first. tour started on time at freedom square and an Armenian girl as tour guid that I cannot remember her name although I asked several time was very kind and visited some churches on the way to Yerevan and delicious Barbicue (Khorovats) for lunch, totally great! During my stay at Envoy hostel Yerevan there were friendly & kindly staff to help you. Those days was Lusine helped me a lot patiently. Rooms with air condition, services, breakfast & baths are very clean. Moreover You are very near to the heart of Yerevan and very close to the freedom square & republic square just by walking

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Envoy has really commited people who organise tours in a very professional, friendly and flexible way. We had two tours with them and one with another company in Armenia. Envoy's are more personal, they make you feel like a traveler rather than a sheep tourist.
Maneh is a great guide
David and Sergio (Madrid)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
dubai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Not a bad hostel just not as great as other people have mentioned on here. We arrived around 11am and the common area downstairs was dirty and untidy from breakfast, there were flies and crap lying around. We couldn't checkin so left our baggage in the left baggage room. We booked a 4 bed dorm but tried to get a private double but they had none available. We wanted to buy all four beds in the room which we not booked at that time, but they wouldn't let us. The room was downstairs next to the kitchen, no windows and quite nosiy. You can hear everything from the hallway and kitchen. But room was clean, had big luggage lockers, bed and pillow were very comfortable. Bathroom on this level was very clean and the shower was hot with lots of pressure. The next night we moved to a twin private. This was on the top floor, facing the road with a window and balcony. Very clean and spacious enough. Beds and pillows were not as nice (very hard). But we got a towel. However the bathroom on this level was not so nice. The shower was not as clean and it didn't drain properly so you stood in water. The wifi was touch and go and only worked in some areas. Staff were lovely, very friendly and helpful. Could not fault them. The tours were also great and enjoyable. The day tour was in a nice airconditioned van with plenty of leg room and the guide very knowledgeable.
Breakfast was just bread, butter, cheese, a peach and tea or coffee.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the bottom floor, noisy and no windows.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
envoyarmtraveler, Public Relations Manager at Envoy Hostel and Tours, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Hi nicjames,

Thank you for your review.

We do try to be as flexible as possible to accommodate everyone's needs but this is not always possible, especially in peak season. Being booked out the night before and your early arrival meant that the cleaning process, although well underway had not been completed at 11am (check in is normally at 2pm). On your first night stay with us we were already almost booked out again reducing our ability to offer alternative options to your prior booking of 2 beds in a shared room - had we had more availiability we would have happily obliged.

We do appreciate you pointing out the issues with WiFi and the bathroom, both have now been logged and are currently being followed up.

We are also glad you enjoyed our tours and we trust that you take away pleasant memories from our region :)

Kind Regards' Envoy Management Team
Parakai, null, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I have been to Yerevan several times and have been on numerous tours. It seemed all companies were doing the same thing - then I discovered Envoy! If you have limited time, don't waste it - do a couple of Envoy tours. 'Embracing Armenia' was a real high! Take a mountain walk, meet Yezdie nomads and have lunch with a village family. Absolutely brilliant. The tour guides are really friendly and helpful.
I also went on the Soviet Yerevan City Tour. This was both very enlightening and very amusing. The tour guide is great!
The owners understand what outsiders want in a tour and have come up with unique ideas. I only wish that I had found Envoy earlier - I would have tried all of their tours - if we go back to Yerevan I will be at Envoy as soon as I can be.
Discover the real Armenia - go to Envoy!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This hostel was the best hostel that I stayed in in Armenia. The rooms were spacious and clean. Excellent common room facilities. But most of all was the staff. They are extremely fun and helpful. They offer a free day tour . I even did they're tour to Tbilisi which was an excellent value. If you're going to Yerevan , I highly recommend this hostel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Zurich
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

In travelling, I want to explore the country, the city, the place I'm in and at the same time, I don't want to worry about my Hostel. Therefore I chose a place to stay, where I find rest after a long day and plenty of experiences, where I find other travellers to share adventures and impressions and where every question I do have, gets an answer. The Envoy was (for that reason) one of the best places I ever stayed while travelling. They offer everything you wish, and serve it in a charming and very friendly style.
I also booked a tour with Envoy. The "embracing armenia"-tour. It was excellent. A guide who not only shows you beautiful places and talk about their history, but who is also able to answer all your questions about armenian society and the life in the country. I was so amazed by that tour, that I booked "enlightened armenia" too. This tour I liked even better. After one week at Envoy I had made every tour they offer and left with the knowledge not to find a place like this very soon again.

Room Tip: Rooms in the basement are cheaper, but don't have a window (but it's just for sleeping anywa...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Envoy Hostel and Tours? Share your experiences!