“Wonderful 3 days with Envoy Tours” 5 of 5 stars

You added Envoy Hostel and Tours to your Saves list
Envoy Hostel and Tours
Pushkin 54 - Entrance from Parpetsi Street, Yerevan 0002, Armenia   |
Omaha
“Wonderful 3 days with Envoy Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

My husband and I traveled to Armenia late September, 2011 and had made arrangements for 3 days of tours with Envoy Tours using Yerevan as our base. They will make special arrangements for you based on your individual interests. We had a private guide and driver - and a wonderful experience. Our guide Marine P was absolutely a gem. As well as seeing the sites, she shared with us her rich understanding of Armenian historian and culture. The tour included 2 lunches in Armenian homes which was a special opportunity to interact with local people. They also arranged for our transportation to our next destination - Tbilisi, Georgia. They are the best !

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Polish first
Havre, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

My wife & I took one of Envoy's day tours (Mt. Aragats sites & hiking) and loved it. It was a small group and the guides were amazing...not because they were just so knowledgeable (which they were), but because they were so focused on the folks on the tour...we even 'saved' a lost hiker on Aragats. They just handled everything perfectly...and - oh my goodness - the food was fantastic! However, it was after the trip when I was really sold. With no other interaction, the staff at Envoy helped us arrange a lift to Goris (the very next morning) and one of the folks even...well, they went WAY above & beyond helping us get this wonderful, handcrafted musical instrument weeks after our trip! Seriously, I just cannot say enough good about the folks at Envoy.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Havre, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

My husband and I took one of the Envoy Tours. It was fantastic. The tour guides were very knowledgeable about Armenian history and the significance of the places we visited. They interacted wonderfully with those of us on the tours and took an interest in what we were doing in Armenia. These tours are definitely an excellent value.

When we got back to the hostel at the end of the tour, the front desk staff helped us arrange a taxi out of Yerevan, which helped us immensely. Overall, the Envoy staff were super helpful and really willing to help out.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We recently were in Armenia and were fortunate enough to book 4 tours with Envoy. They were the best (we did one day tour with another company and was not impressed or felt it was a good use of our money). We saw places all over the country, had a fantastic guide (Arpine) who knew so many facts and dates and details, it was amazing. Can not recommend the tours enough to anyone who wants to see more of Armenia and also be educated about history, current events and culture. Totally fantastic! These tours were the best use of our time and money!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

I did not stay at the hostel but I did go on two of the day tours they organise. Both trips were interesting, covering a good number of Armenia's 'must sees'. Our excellent guide was well-informed and good fun. The groups were small (5 and 3 people respectively) and so the trips made for a fun day out with people of different nationalities. Each trip included a lunch in the home of an Armenian family which was very interesting, each experience (and the menu) being different from the other. Regarding my second trip, there was an organisational problem but Envoy did a very good job in sorting this out to my complete satisfaction: they are very customer and solution orientated.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Warwickshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

I stayed at Envoy with a group of 5 other young women from the UK. We were taking part in a project with the Armenian Girl Guides (NUGGGS) and Envoy was our base during the project.

It was most definitely the best hostel I have ever stayed at, and better than some cheap motels and hotels. The hostel was very clean and the facilities were excellent, with a good communal area, air con, nice warm showers, an iron you can borrow, board games, nintendo wii etc. The breakfast is simple but tasty and it makes a good start to the day.

The staff are very knowledgeable, friendly and always willing to help. The hostel is safe and secure and there are organised walks, activities and excursions. The local SAS supermarket is open 24hrs which is very convenient, and they sell everything you could want including imported food goods from France, the USA, Italy etc so you needn't miss out on home comforts!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone visiting Armenia - you will be sure of a comfortable and enjoyable stay!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I was an English teacher in Georgia and decided to take one last trip before returning home! Considering most of my friends had already left I was solo! That almost made me not want to go. But I'm so glad I did! I took the Tbilisi-Yerevan Enlinking the Caucuses tour to get over and it was a blast! I ended up being the only one but the tour guide, Marine, was so much fun! It was a great way to arrive at Envoy in style!

While at Envoy I took tours almost daily! I had a short time in the country and I wanted to see the most I could see! The tours were so much fun! The guides were friendly and full of interesting information about the sites we were seeing! I really enjoyed them.

I worried about going to the country solo, uncertain of who I'd hang out with in my off time. Turns out, I didn't need to worry! Everyone at Envoy was incredibly nice and I found a few other guests to hang out with! I went out every night. If you want to go out, there's a great bar call Calamet within walking distance. If you want to wander around the city, their night tour is beautiful! If you want to stay in, I found no one who would cause you any trouble! They even have activities at the hostel nightly! That and being within walking distance of a 24 hour supermarket? You can't lose!

If you're going to Yerevan I HIGHLY recommend you stay at Envoy! I've already told all my friends about it!

Room Tip: Any and all of the rooms are amazing! Just decide what you want and ask! They're super helpful!