“Great Location!Great Service! Comfortable Rooms!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #10 of 51 Hotels in Yerevan
Toronto
“Great Location!Great Service! Comfortable Rooms!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

This new hotel offers all the amenity for business traveler, the rooms are larger than other hotels in the area to accommodate in room office with excellent Wifi. Apart from my kids, there were few other children. The breakfast was amazing with chef making omelette on demand. The staff are very friendly, after second day, they greeted us with our names as we entered the hotel. We arrived earlier then check in time, however our room were ready right away. The location is very central, walking distance to open market, museum, fountain show and restaurants.restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Polina S, 1st Assistant to General Manager at Hyatt Place Yerevan, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you very much for your review. It was very nice to learn that you liked our rooms, as well as the wifi and the breakfast service. And especially that our staff made such a pleasant impression.
We do hope that you return soon and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards, Polina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Tehran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

The hotel is new and well located just off Republic Square. The room was very modern, comfortable and very clean. Plenty of sockets for charging phones, tablets etc. Excellent free wi-fi.

Reception staff very helpful and friendly.

Breakfast room was small and will surely have problems handling the guests when the hotel is full. Breakfast was adequate, nothing special. The lady chef at the egg bar couldn't fry an egg properly!

No room service available. You can order from a menu in the room but you have to go down to collect!

Four star rating is accurate but I would say that it is a bit expensive for a four star hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time review us and we are very glad that you enjoyed the rooms and the service. We took a good note of what you are saying about our breakfast and we will ensure that all our guests receive proper attention. We are looking forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Polina
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

The location of the hotel is very good however the rooms do not look at the beautiful Republic square but at a back street a few meters away from the square. One would expect to find a Hyatt architectural style hotel but this is not the case. It is just another hotel building in a good location. The lobby area is not very big but ambles.

The welcome of the reception staff was soon spoiled by the payment policy of the hotel. Although all my expenses were guaranteed and paid by a local company I was asked to give a certain deposit by credit card. When I protested the receptionist assured me that my credit card would not be processed, it was only a matter of formality to have a credit card on file. To my surprise when I was checking out a few days later (late at night) I found out that the deposit money was already blocked at a local bank and they could not possess a debit note until the next day when the banks will open again. So I had to leave the hotel trusting that the they would refund me the deposit money after they deduction of my small extras.
I find this policy of blocking money in your card unacceptable for a chain with the reputation of Hyatt. Later I found out that this practice is also applicable by other American chain hotels in Armenia. Still it is unacceptable as a policy.

The rooms of the hotel were of very good size with all the necessary amenities a today’s traveler would expect to find at a 4 star hotel. One day I returned to my room late in the afternoon to find out that at 18:00 hrs my room was not yet made up. I find this unacceptable for the category of the hotel.

The restaurant at which also breakfast is served is small and you might have to wait for a while. At rush hour you will find un-clean table as the limited staff can not catch up with the flow of customers.

The health club is good and there is free Wi-Fi in all areas. I found the staff at the bar and breakfast room helpful and attentive.

With the exception of the payment policy I would say that this is an average 4 star hotel, in a good location, but I would not recommend it for customers looking for a deluxe property.

Room Tip: If possible pay your bill during a time when banks are open so you can recover your credit card guar...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post this review and we do appreciate all your comments. First of all please accept our deepest apologies for the inconveniences you had to experience due to our deposit policy. I personally checked with our bank that there are no outstanding amounts blocked on your credit card. The rest of your feedback was also very useful for us and we are working on all the points you mentioned to further improve your guests’ experience.

Please do let us know when you return and we will do our best to ensure your next stay with us is incomparably better.

Kind regards,
Polina
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I'm staying here currently. I think the only reason this hotel is not higher on the tripadvisor list is because it hasn't had enough time to generate enough reviews. In short, the hotel is excellent and I cannot fault it for anything. The rooms are spacious and very well-designed. Extremely modern. Coffeemaker, complimentary coffees, teas and bottles of water in your room along with a fridge. Excellent and modern bathroom. Location is right off Republic Square. From the outside it looks like an office building, but there is nothing lacking inside at all. The three best things about the hotel 1- staff are very pleasant and hospitable and seem to truly want to help 2- wireless internet is phenomenal, free and fast. I have stayed at some of the highest rated hotels in major cities in North America and Europe, and have yet to see such high-quality Internet access and 3- excellent buffet breakfast.

Stayed July 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My wife and I stayed in Yerevan for 3 night on June. there is a beautiful city and our hotel "Hyatt" was very good. clean room, comftable room and kind and hospitality staff were positive point but lack of pool and breakfast that wasn't good were negative point
so if you want a good wifi and clean place, I recomended it.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Doha, Qatar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I was very surprised with this hotel. The service was outstanding. The staff was very helpful. We were always welcomed with smiles. We checked in very early and got a room that could accommodate my family without much hassle. The breakfast is pretty good as well.
Its location is perfect and they have plenty of parking spaces. If I have the opportunity to go back to Yerevan, I will surely stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

We were extremely happy with this hotel. Excellent front desk staff. Provided early check-in, which we really appreciated. Quiet, comfortable room, with great bedding and excellent bathroom. Only drawback was too much furniture in the room, leaving insufficient space to move around. Very nice breakfast. While the building looks drab from the outside and does not have much of an outlook, the interior has been completely refurbished to a high standard. Unbeatable location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Place Yerevan? Share your experiences!