“Personable staff and Downtown Location” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Italy Street, Yerevan 0010, Armenia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 51 Hotels in Yerevan
New York City, New York
“Personable staff and Downtown Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

As a luxury travel writer for world-adventurer.com I've stayed in many Best Westerns around the world. The branch in Yerevan is very impressive with a historic building, friendly staff, and comfortable facilities in a central location.

The very welcoming front desk made me feel right at home. They also helped me research options for travel and were very knowledgeable on the city and sights to visit.

The facilities are great, with fitness centers and an outdoor pool, though this is open in the summer.

Location is very central, just a few blocks away from the main square of the city. Most sights are within walking distance.

Overall, a great stay in Yerevan and an excellent Best Western. For an in-depth review with photos, check the experience section of my site world-adventurer.com.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ljubljana, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I personally never slept in this hotel, however I come to Yerevan every year to visit their outdoor swimming pool. In my poinion, their outdoor swimming pool is one of the best in the city. The weather in summer is really hot, which makes the stay even better. The pool also has a bar, where you can order drinks and food as well. All in all, even if you do not decide to stay for a night, visit the pool!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have stayed at the Best Western - Congress on all three of my business trips to Yerevan, totaling seven weeks from 2010 through 2014.

While my travel agent arranged the initial stay, the other two were mandated by me. Invariably, I have found the staff at BWC to be courteous, professional, knowledgeable, and ready to help in any way. They adapted room cleaning times to my odd schedule, and gave extra consideration during my second stay when my wife way laid low by illness for the better part of a week.

My room has always been clean and well-appointed, and the food and beverages affordable and enjoyable.

I sincerely cannot come up with any criticism regarding the hotel (although I wish the magpies in the park across the street would sleep in a bit later!). There may be hotels in Yerevan that are somewhat more convenient, have somewhat more amenities, have slightly lower prices, and the like. But, I doubt there is any establishment that can exceed BWC's combination of all of those factors. On future trips to Yerevan, there is no debate about where I will be staying.

Room Tip: Stay on the second or third floor so you can use the stairs...at times the tour groups can overwhelm...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
EmmaKarapetyan, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Congress Hotel, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Mr. Neil,

It was thrilling to read that you were looked after by our friendly and passionate team from the welcome until your departure and it is much more rewarding when displayed on TripAdvisor page.
Thank you for highlighting our staff - we are indeed surrounded by incredibly passionate and caring team of individuals who enjoy being part of our guests' experiences.

Your review will definitely act as motivator in our endeavor to provide a high class service at Best Western Congress Hotel.

We truly value your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel for your next visits to Yerevan.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

I was scouting for a suitable accommodation in Yerevan when I stumble upon The Best Western Congress in the Agoda and Booking.com websites. I wanted to book my first night in this hotel but there was no available room on my preferred dates so I decided to just pick any date then sort it out later directly with the hotel upon my arrival in Yerevan. It gave me the impression that this must really be a good hotel because of the high occupancy rate. I managed to move my check-in date a day earlier when it was confirmed on the phone that a room will be available that day.

Check-in

I arrived the hotel around 3pm but had to wait for about half an hour before I could get inside the room. There were two young ladies at the reception; one was Lilit. She attend to me with a smiling face and it was not difficult to strike a conversation with her. She was very warm and friendly. I had to ask Lilit to send someone to bring my luggages to my room and one gentleman showed up to deliver all my stuff.

The Facilties & Service

I stayed at Room No. 522 which comes with a view of the outdoor pool and the Yerevan skyline. The room is beautifully designed and immaculately clean with a queen bed and plenty of big, soft and comfortable pillows. It has everything you would expect from a 4-star room except that there was one thing missing: an adapter. I told the gentleman about this and also phoned the front desk that I need an adapter badly to recharge the batteries of my tablet, mobile phones and cameras. After an hour nothing happened so I decided to call the front desk to make a follow up. Shortly, I got a call but was informed that they do not have any adapter to spare. The bottomline: I was not able to recharge my gadgets.

In fairness, all the facilities of the hotel are in top shape. No doubt you are in a first class environment. There is a lovely outdoor pool but the water is too cold for a swim. The health club is complete with modern machines and equipment.

Buffet Breakfast

The best part of my stay was the dining experience at Raffaello Restaurant. They have a decent buffet breakfast and you are spoilt for choice. Moreover, the two young ladies at the restaurant were very pleasant and friendly. Same with the gentleman who was there to fry the eggs.

From the streets, the hotel looks pretty impressive with its colossal structure. It is equally impressive inside. At the Ground Floor you will find the reception, spacious lobby, bar with a friendly bartender, restaurant, gift shop, tour desk, an ATM, a money changer shop and a number of conference/function halls. All these facilties provide a lot of convenience especially for guests on a tight schedule.

Housekeeping

I was on my way to the restaurant for breakfast when I passed by housekeeping lady cleaning the nearby room. I asked her to make up my room because I wanted to take good photos to show how nice the bed is. She said yes but when I returned to my room it was in the same state. I went to the nearby park and on my way out I told the front desk to send someone to make up my room. I checked out before 12 high noon but nobody came to fix the room.

Check-Out

Thirty minutes before check out time I got a call from the reception reminding me that the check out time is at 12:00 highnoon. For seasoned travelers like me, I do not think such reminder is necessary! I usually check out ahead of time and if ever I need a late check-out I relay such information to the front desk so I can pay the extra cost, if any.

By the way, I was about to leave my room when I saw the housekeeping lady so I asked her to check the room and all the items in the mini bar since I was already checking out.

Conclusion:

To my mind, this is an upscale hotel where I paid a premium price for one night and a simple request cannot be handled to my satisfaction???!!!. Unfortunately, my first impression about this hotel did not last. My excitement staying in this hotel lasted only for a couple of hours. I believe they could have done something better if they really value their customers. My experience with a no-frill hostel where I paid an insignificant price was far better (see my review of Cascade Hostel).

Customers expect to get good value for their hard earned money especially when paying more on upscale hotels. The very least that the hotel stafff can do is to learn how to listen to what the guest is saying and be serious enough to take proper action. I believe proper training should be given to improve customer service if the hotel really want to live up to its name.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
EmmaKarapetyan, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Congress Hotel, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Honorable Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write your valuable feedback about our service on TripAdvisor.

It is a very important occasion for us to evaluate our service and improve it.
I was very pleased to read your positive comments about all our hotel facilities. I will pass your compliments to our Breakfast Team members who will be more motivated in providing a better service.
I do regret learning that your positive feelings about our hotel were overshadowed by an inappropriate customer service. Our team cares about you, your comfort and satisfaction; unfortunately we failed in showing this to you.

We truly hope you will give us another chance to welcome you again to Best Western Congress Hotel and show you the good level of hospitality we are used to.

Best regards,
Bruxelas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

If you have to go to Yerevan, this is definitely a hotel to consider, specially in terms of serveice, ameniteis and staff. All for a decent price. I stayed several times at the hotel and when I had to try altenatives... I might have made the wrong choice....

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

EmmaKarapetyan, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Congress Hotel, responded to this review, 5 weeks ago
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at Best Western Congress Hotel and for taking the time to post your review.

It was encouraging to see that you had an enjoyable stay and I have shared your comments with our team.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back for your next visits to Yerevan.

Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2014

Stayed there 2 nights for a meeting. The front desk staff is really friendly and helpful. Got a room at the end of the corridor so I was worried about internet connection but it was good. Comfort is good and the best is that you're 10 min walking distance from the Government buildings. I had a room on the street side and I don't know if it was because I was very tired or not but the traffic noise didn't bother me at all.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
EmmaKarapetyan, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Congress Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2014
Dear Ludo-Owen,

Thank you very much for choosing Best western Congress Hotel for your recent visit to Yerevan.

I am very delighted that you have made the most of our hotel amenities and that you enjoyed the nice service of our team. You can always count on our professional and dedicated team, who take great pleasure in making our guests' stay most comfortable.
Your point about our location is absolutely correct - being so close to all governmental buildings, shopping centers and all major city attractions, it is a great advantage for our guests.
We would be delighted to have another opportunity to serve you and show the best hospitality experience we are used to.

Tehran Province, Iran
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

My family and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and we really liked it. Rooms are clean an quiet, staff were helpful and most of them speak english. The breakfast was good. This hotel has a pool which is really really nice and clean. location was good as well, close to republic square and you could hear the music which is playing in republic square. There was free wi-fi in every room. this hotel has non smokino floors and rooms.

Room Tip: There is no triple room. for 3, it would be double+1
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
EmmaKarapetyan, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Congress Hotel, responded to this review, October 6, 2014
Dear MarjKim,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on TripAdvisor.

It was pleasing to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated all our services. It's my pleasure to see that you mentioned all the advantages of our hotel - great location, clean rooms, professional staff and free Wi-Fi. Our hotel is one of few hotels in the city providing non-smoking floors and non-allergic rooms.
Thank you once again for choosing our hotel. We will be looking forward to welcoming you back for your next visits to Armenia.

Emma Karapetyan

Been to BEST WESTERN Congress Hotel? Share your experiences!