“Best Hostel in Yerevan” 4 of 5 stars

7 Heratsu Street, Yerevan 0002, Armenia   |
Doha, Qatar
“Best Hostel in Yerevan”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I had experienced couple hostels and hotels in Yerevan , I found Grammy Hostel by accident , I can say it was really nice , the welcome , location , rooms , beds , bathroom . my only concern was the breakfast food which was included in the daily rate , it was too much and a bit heavy type for me at least , however you can simple ask for cheese / butter / eggs and tez or coffee and you will get it in few seconds ! it is a perfect Hostel !

Room Tip: rooms that looks to the main road where the gasrden is ! you can get fresh air in the morning
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
cm720
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I really cannot fault this place. On my second visit to Yerevan I stayed here, having previously stayed at the less comfortable Theatre Hostel.
I rang an hour or so ahead to see if they had rooms available. They didn't have any private rooms available, but we were put in a dorm room and promised that we we would be the only two guests in there for our two night stay. Which we were and we were only charged the dorm room price. New guests were split between the other dorms.
Upon arrival we were invited into the common area where they had prepared platter of snacks and homemade drinks for us, because they thought we might be hungry by the time we arrived (8pm) - a very nice gesture. (I actually thought it was breakfast set out early for the next morning)!
But I was wrong - breakfast was freshly cooked each morning and changed from day to day. Not your usual bread and jam. Instead we were served onion cakes, quiche, pancakes, muesli, pizza type bread , porridge. Which was served to us along with fresh Armenian coffee or a cup of tea.
The hostel is fairly new, only a few months old when I was there. I was pleased with every aspect of my stay. The staff were friendly and helpful. The common area was modern, clean and spacious. There was a lounge area, computer area, cooking and eating area.
The dorm room was comfortable - and the beds were all single beds not bunk beds.
All in all an excellent hostel - keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Brasov, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

This hostel's got it all: personality, cleanliness, great breakfast and location, fantastic personnel. I will always remember the kindness of Alik and Anoush, the delicious blackberry cake we were welcomed with, and nonetheless the amazing atmosphere of this hostel! If you are planning to stay in Yerevan or even to explore Armenia, THIS IS THE PLACE!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Modern, clean, new, they give you breakfast too and they have a piano inside the common room.
It's probably the best hostel I've been in my life (I've seen a lot of hostels) but it still needs a bit of personality.

• Stayed August 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

I personally likes this hostel! It felt like home! The food was good and pure Armenian! The service was fast and clean! Next time I go to Yerevan, this hostel will be my choice, no doubt! On the top of everything, its location is really amazing, you go everywhere by walking!

• Stayed July 2012
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I was there one week in may 2012. Very nice service, very good breakfast with Armenian delicacies. There was no problem with the earlier arrival. Comfortable large rooms with comfortable beds. Sleep well. Support for help in organizing trips to Yerevan and the country. Any information on how to get around the city, fun to visit. The hostel is decorated in the style of western Europe (English). Clean bathrooms and toilets. Hot water 24 hours High quality service and care of the guests make it back there. Actually it is a hotel, but for the price of the hostel. I recommend to all - travelers, families with children, business people. Very nice place in the center of Yerevan.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Grammy Hostel? Share your experiences!