We stayed at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay for our honeymoon for 5 days/4 nights in Water Villa 5, which is the end water villa and has absolute privacy to all but the passing boat. The villa itself was so spacious and comfortable, with bedroom, bathroom and lounge room, as well as private pool and plenty of space outside to lie in the sun. We could not see any adjacent villas and the rock villas across the bay were so far away that we couldn't even tell if they were occupied.
We had a very helpful butler that helped suggest and organise activities and drove us around in the buggy when required. Housekeeping came twice a day to service the room and the pool guy came daily to clean the filter and skim the bugs out of the pool.
There is a long path and many. many steps required to reached our villa, but that is the price to pay for the complete privacy we enjoyed. All water/rock/hilltop villas had steps to get to, so if you want to be able to ride the bikes directly to your door then I'd suggest staying in a Beach Villa. The up side was that the water villas are located fairly close to the main restaurant and bar.
Food was amazing. I was able to try lots of traditional Vietnamese dishes, and when I needed a change there was Western food also available. The breakfast buffet was huge with everything imaginable.
The whole resort is amazingly constructed into the natural landscape, with so much attention to the finest detail. Keep in mind that this is a quiet couples resort - I suggest leaving the kids at home.
The activities staff were great and very helpful with finding things to do. The resort also has 3 hiking trails, of which we did number 1 and number 3. They are not for the unfit, and are quite challenging in spots as you scramble across rocks and swing from tree to tree down steep descents. I definitely recommend trail 3 though, which requires a guide and takes about 2 hours. It finished on a private beach where the staff had set up a picnic lunch for us. We stayed there for a couple of hours after the walk to eat, swim and relax all by ourselves.
Compared to other Vietnam hotels the food and drink is expensive, but this was our once in a lifetime honeymoon and we accepted this fact before we arrived. I suggest you do the same.
1) The bar staff were very slow at making cocktails and there was no atmosphere at the Drinks by the Bay (the main bar/lounge). There was no 'show' like you normally get from a cocktail bar, which gets you excited and in the party mood. On previous holidays we normally spend hours at the bar trying all the cocktails and making friends with the bar tender, but here the mood was all business and quite depressing which made us prefer to go back to our villa rather than hang around the bar.
2) The bed was not a queen bed, but 2 single beds pushed together. I am disappointed when I get this in a normal hotel, but in a luxury, romantic villa this is unacceptable. Having the hard join between the 2 beds underneath you as you try to cuddle your new wife during the night is very uncomfortable. I can't imagine that they would ever split the beds into twin singles, so I'm not sure what they were thinking when they put these beds in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Six Senses Ninh Van Bay sits on a dramatic bay, with impressive rock formations. Golden sand beach and towering mountains add to the sense of being at one with nature. The family friendly resort’s architectural style incorporates Vietnamese traditions, with all 58 accommodations being personal pool villas.The restaurants at Six Senses Ninh Van Bay serve international and local favourites complemented by the best local seafood, including lobsters and king prawns. There are wonderful spaces for lounging with drinks from the wine cave, or healthy fresh juices and favourite libations from the bar.Six Senses Spa at Ninh Van Bay is a sanctuary for all the senses, with traditional Vietnamese treatments and Six Senses Signatures to suit every individual guest. In addition to the breath-taking treatment rooms, the spa is equipped with yoga pavilion, a gymnasium, hair salon and spa retail gallery.In addition to blissful relaxation, guests can also enjoy many activities and excursions on water, under water at the coral reef and on land by joining a cultural or wildlife adventure; or making use of the resort's facilities and wide variety of sporting equipment. The resort is also a perfect setting for beautiful wedding ceremonies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Splendia, MrandMrsSmith, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Six Senses Ninh Van Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 6 Senses Ninh Van Bay
- Six Senses Ninh Van Bay Hotel Nha Trang
- Ana Mandara Vietnam