“Vinpearl Resort - what to expect” 4 of 5 stars

Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Hon Tre island, Vinh Nguyen, Nha Trang, Vietnam   |
Ranked #14 of 117 Hotels in Nha Trang
Moscow, Russia
“Vinpearl Resort - what to expect”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed at Vinpearl from Dec 17th to Dec 29th,2013. Three partially sunny days out of 14. Cold strong wind NON STOP EVERY DAY. We were reading on the beach wrapped like mummies in 2-3 beach towels. Swimming is impossible - huge waves. Just jumping in the waist deep water.
Spa reception people have very limited English. Nice amusement park, decent aquapark (again, we didn't go due to the weather) . Very easy to get to the mainland. Food is ok but nothing special. Not much to see around. So overall - if you haven't been there - you haven't miss much. I will not go again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
VinpearlManager, Manager at Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear Lena M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at our Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang.

We are sorry to hear that you did not really enjoy your time in the Resort due to the unfortunate weather. We also noted your comments about the spa’s staff and food which have been shared with our relevant departments to make further improvements.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we do hope you will consider staying with us again so that on your next visit we can meet your expectations.

Warm regards,

The Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Decent resort, but this is no Shangri-la. I'd give it an overall B-.

Pros:
Very pleased they were ready when I arrived on the train from Hanoi. Right where they said they would be, van ready for us, flawless.
Gorgeous ocean views. Grade A
Buffet food is good; all included in room rate. Grade A-
Entertainment is plentiful, with the amusement park and water park being co-located. Grade B+
Not crowded
Prices for drinks and snacks around the resort were very reasonable for the area and significantly lower than what one might pay at any comparable resort

Areas for improvement:
Staff execution lacking. Examples:
- service at bars was very slow, drink menu listed many top shelf liquors but none were available. On different days, lots of, "We're sorry, sir, but that's not available."
- pool towels - at 2:20 in the afternoon on a sunny day, with the pool only probably 50% occupied, sorry sir, laundry not finished, check back at 3. And no real intent on finishing it, as the huge bundle of towels still sat wet 2 hours later (honestly).
- The carts that take you between the hotel and the park are really not the best solution, and there aren't enough of them. My kids kept trying to tell us to jump on before the other guests got in our way. This went against our own courteous principles and felt more like boarding a Southwest Airlines plane. Staff response: "Sorry sir, please wait 20 minutes."
- We arrived at 9pm, checkin takes about 15 minutes, and then staff told us the next boat to the island was at 945pm. Dinner closes at 10. No provisions for late arrivals. Credit to the staff for at least calling ahead to the restaurant. We had no trouble getting food, however, which was good.
- We had two rooms booked, but no provision for getting twin beds for our children, who ended up sharing a queen. No rollaways available due to "high season."
- The amusement and water park are decent, and my kids loved the unlimited free play in the arcade. Credit to the hotel for such a good benefit to the resort. But neither of the parks are even close to what you might see in a full amusement park. The best ride was the Alpine Coaster, which was broken 1 of the 3 mornings we were there, and when we took it on the last day, the short queue was a good 40 minutes. It could have been MUCH faster, but the resort's method of operating it wasn't efficient. They had ONE person handling all boarding, safety checks, and taking/restoring people's baggage that they put in luggage lockers. VERY inefficient. In comparison, there were 13 people at the reception desk for my checkout. And only me and 1 other person.
- Hotel wasn't proactive on checkout procedures at all. Required a lot of back and forth communication; I felt like I was the first person they'd ever checked out before. Just not organised. This could have been solved with some simple forms emailed to me either before arrival or given to me at arrival. Because they knew from the day I checked in when I would need to leave. Take a lesson from a cruse line.
- The 120 beat per minute Russian pop music gets old, I think even to the 90% of the guest population who are Russian.
- The beachcomber bar/restaurant area could use a windbreak. December is a windy month.
- The keys will get ingested into the machines at the park the last day, which is quite annoying since it's not necessary and causes the desk staff to reissue keys for lunch and room-clearing. Should have a better method.
- Every day at the park at least 1 escalator was out of service.

Room Tip: Be proactive on contacting the hotel to set up your arrival procedures; use their website form. Do n...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
VinpearlManager, Manager at Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Flylow47,

Let me take this opportunity to say thank you on behalf of the entire staff for your stay with us and for taking the time to give your impressions here. I truly appreciate all of your positive feedback and can understand the frustration you mentioned with the service at the bar, the pool and some other sections. I would like to personally apologize about that and will bring it up with our team in these areas. We truly do encourage and appreciate all feedback from our guests so that we can constantly improve service for guest from all corners of the world. As you mentioned with the twin room for your children, kindly notify us in advance on your booking the next times so we can arrange properly.
Thank you very much again for valuable feedback and we really hope to see you again at Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang.

kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I wish I could say I loved this place but we have left a bit disappointed.
The start was at check in being told that we had to pay in cash for our sons extra bed-we booked through Expedia and despite telling them we had a six year old with us at booking we then had to pay extra. Thankfully Expedia agreed to pay this. We were also told we had to pay 4million+vnd for a compulsory Gala Dinner?? Now this is a ridiculous ploy to make money and the staff were relentless in their smiles and insistence that we HAD to do this and pay cash up front for that and the bed? No credit card was good enough. I am afraid I put my foo down and refused. I am not being told what I have to do with my family on Xmas Eve. I have an over excited child who will not really eat and my husband and I don't drink-we are not interested in the entertainment sheeeesh they just went on and on and on though and I kept saying NO. Finally one of the managers refunded my money.
The amusement/funfair area is great on first view but our little man could only go on the bumper cars. The games hall was great but loads of the games don't work and some are easy 20years old!
The water park has some great rides but they are not constantly open-they have certain hours.
The beach is clean but has minimal amounts of sunbeds and had Russians sprinting in at 10am when the gates open! A lot of the sunbeds are broken.
The pool up by the hotel is lovely and well maintained as are the gardens.
The rooms are small and nothing whatsoever to be impressed or excited by considering they are allegedly 5* and the bed is relatively small. They are clean and well maintained from what we saw though. One big down for us was bed bugs-now I am not silly this can happen in ANY hotel 2* or 5* and the manager was polite and took us to the clinic who duly dispensed antihistamine. They bites were in a tell tale line and we live in Greece 6 months a year and have experienced them before. They then went and checked the room and said there were no signs. Whatever. They gave us 30% off our taxi to our next hotel and a vinpearl vase. Make of that what you will. My husband is still itching as I write three says later.
The food was nice and abundant but lukewarm. The staff overall are LOVELY and something the Vinpearl should be proud of-from the tuk tuk drivers, porters, gardeners to the smiley amazing girl who greets you at the Orchid restaurant.
I would go back because out son loved it! Very very much and had a great and memorable Christmas there but the rooms disappoint and stop with the stupid compulsory Gala Dinner - we spoke to an Australian family who went and said the food was the same as every other night and the only difference was the entertainment. And the kids got chocolate. For all that money??????? Sort it out Vinpearl don't be so greedy. Let people do what they want at such an important family time. And for your information in a lot of countries they celebrate Christmas on the 25th and NOT the 24th anyway!!

• Stayed December 2013
Dear peanut2007,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your impressions here and let me say a sincere thanks on behalf of the entire staff for choosing us during this festive season. We truly appreciate your comments and all feedback really helps us to improve services for all guests. I would like to express my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to your family here. I will be bringing up all areas that you mentioned with the management teams in place in these areas. However, I also would like to take this opportunity to clarify the following:
• Compulsory Gala Dinner: This condition is clearly stated on Expedia.com and you are aware when your booking was made. Though, we have already released this for your convenience.
• Bed bug: When we were informed of this, we immediately get the pest control team to check the room. No sign of bed bug was found. Further after your departure, we had blocked the room for deep inspection and we ensure that there is no bed bug in the room. The bites on your husband foot could be caused by another reason.
Again, thank you very much for telling everyone about your stay, your feedback. I hope that you have a healthy and prosperous new year.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Positives:
+ Full use of the resort facilities before check in. We arrived at 8am but couldn't check into room until 2pm but had use of the pool and theme park until then.
+ Staff - very friendly and attentive. Nothing was too much trouble.
+ The hotel was spotless.
+ Vinpearl land - if the weather isn't great, you can spend hours here on rides that are never busy and free games in the indoor arcade.
+ The pool is huge and very clean.
+ The buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner. Does get repetitive, but the quality is good and lots of choice. Breakfast 6-10.30, lunch 12-2.30, dinner 6-10 - so technically you can eat for 11 hours a day!
+ Kids club was well equipped and very big with outdoor play area. No system to check kids in and out though.

Negatives:
- Noise. The rooms are interconnected by wooden doors so you hear everything from next door. The noise from above is also substantial. We had no problems the first 5 nights, but the last two were spoilt by a very incosideratre family who were moving furniture and making lots of noise until past 1am (we had a 4 year old with us). We did ring and complain the first night and someone did come up to ask them to be quiet, but it didn't make too much difference. For this reason we wouldn't stay here again.
- Cost of drinks at the bar. Buy cans from vinpearl land and bring them over, they are a quarter of the price. I've no problem paying a premium for drinks in a hotel bar, but I'm not paying 80,000 for a beer when I can buy one for 20,000. Very few people seemed to be drinking in the restaraunt (water, tea and coffee provided). If they dropped their prices at the bar, I'm sure a lot more would.
- Poor internet speed. Good coverage, even by the pool, but very slow. Hotel was full while we were there, but it should be faster.
- Compulsory Christmas Eve gala dinner. Nice idea, but expensive, very loud and busy.
- Cost of an extra bed was extortionate.

In conclusion, we had a great week here, but wouldn't stay again because of the noise at night (doors banging, people in corridors etc). We stay in lots of hotels, and have never had sleep disrupted like here. We were here over Christmas and the hotel was fully booked (didn't feel like it by the pool or in VPL though and only had to wait once for a table at dinner) so you might find it quieter at other times.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear DRS2009,

We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience from your recent stay at Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang.
As a company we greatly value our guests feedback as we constantly strive to maintain the high level of service at all the time. We were therefore concerned to read that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and your family during your stay. We have noted all your comments and passed on to the management team to find a solution shortly so that we can exceed your expectations in near future.
We do hope we will be able to welcome your family back in the future. Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Getaway for peace quiet and tranquility.Excellent 6 stars for service Extraordinary resort with all three meals (feasts I would say) local and international quisine.The service was great and most of the staff spoke English.The water park and theme park was quite small, but they should keep the children or teenager busy with slides, coaster, wave pool etc. Overall we are very happy with Vinpearl, and will definitely return there again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
VinpearlManager, Director of Rooms at Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear tho n,

On behalf of the entire staff here, I would like to say thank you for your stay and let you know that we are elated to hear about what a great time you had. Your experience is exactly what we want to achieve and really could not be happier to hear that you had good things to say about the food, the service and the staff! I will post your comments for the staff to see. We truly do encourage and appreciate all feedback from our guests so that we can constantly improve service for our guests in the future.
Thank you again and we really hope to welcome you back to Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We have recently returned from our second visit to Vinpearl. I was expecting not to love it as much the second time around, but I was wrong as we had a blast. Our room this time was bigger than last which was a bonus. The food was still a very high standard and the choice amazing, but like last visit I was suffering with buffet fatigue after about 4 days.

We had two highlights this time. The first were the amazing ladies in the kids club. My kids loved playing in there for an hour or so following breakfast. Each day the ladies would send them back with the most amazing hair braids. My kids looked stunning the whole time we were there.

The second thing worth a mention was the super service we received from the business centre. After about an hour after our arrival my 9 yo daughter discovered that she had left her new ipad in the back of the plane seat. We all panicked and were sure we would never see the device again. We asked the hotel to assist us communicate with Vietjet and they took care of everything. The ladies in the business centre called Vietjet daily for 4 days to follow up, keeping impeccable file notes to report back to us. When we thought all hope was lost, on day 5 they found our ipad at Saigon Airport Ground Services. They organised for us to collect it on our return to Saigon. I know with absolute certainty that I could not have communicated in English the way they could in Vietnamese, and without their assistance we would have never seen this ipad again. We are genuinely grateful.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
VinpearlManager, Director of Rooms at Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear McGirls03,

Nothing makes us happier here at Vinpearl than to read comments like your own. It is the exact experience we wish to provide our distinguished guests and are overjoyed that we were able to do so for you. I will be giving your comments to our staffs at kid’s club and business center so that they can see the results of their hard work. We really do appreciate any & all feedback as it helps us to make the resort even better. Again, thank you very much for telling everyone about your stay and we truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome your family back for your third trip.

Perth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

There is no doubt this is a lovely hotel with amenities galore. However, it is a very expensive luxury hotel and I expected my twin room with a trundle bed which I paid more than $345 a night to be at least twice the size, with the beds being much more comfortable and the amenities t be perfect.
The service was quite good and all the staff were incredibly friendly, however again when I'm paying that much I expect nothing less than perfection and getting water at lunch and dinner was not easy and this is just an example. The buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner was very nice.

Being on the island has its advantages and disadvantages, it is difficult and time consuming to get to the mainland and once you are there it costs about 150,000 VND to get into the centre of town from the cable car.

I DID thoroughly enjoy my stay here, but expected a lot lot more given the ludicrous price.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
VinpearlManager, Director of Rooms at Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Cameronwhiteperth,

On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to say thank you for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts here. All feedback and suggestions help us to make the resort even better and we truly appreciate them! Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Director of Rooms

Been to Vinpearl Resort Nha Trang? Share your experiences!