“Not great meals, plus pushy staff!” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: English
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Perth, Australia
“Not great meals, plus pushy staff!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I understand the meals here are cheap but didnt find the quality that great. I ordered fish and chips and the fish was cold and looked like it came out of an oven as it was flat not the fresh fish I have had from other restaurants in Nha Trang. My friend ordered the Pork Meal which was tough. I didnt like the fact that I was at the beginning of the stairs when we were deciding whether or not to stay or go and a waitress wearing glasses grabbed me from my back and pushed me up stairs, was very angry at this and should have left immediately. Weve eaten at Omars, Good Morning Vietnam, Olivias and Lanterns and they are all a million times better than this dump!!!!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Taste of home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Travelling through Vietnam you sometimes need to get back to your roots, I'm from England and now have been in Nha trang for over a month, there is a very welcoming atmosphere inside Far East rock cafe with people saying hello and the waitresses being very polite, yes there english isn't perfect and it takes a bit of explaining but your in Vietnam!! Go to another restaurant and you will have the exact same problem, the beer is so cheap and the coldest I have ever had in Asia which is amazing! Air con inside with a outside area with fans, the cocktails there aswell are very cheap and the quality and size of them are much to be desired for, everytime I have been to the restaurant I have a different meal as the menu is so vast, the value for money is unbelievable! Every day there is a special dish for 2 pounds and is huge, ranging from fish and chips to sausage and mash to the Sunday roast!!! It's everything you could ask for and more, amazing decor to keep the eyes busy, clean! Hd TVs playing music videos all night long, I have not once had a complaint about this place and now am a regular there, what I don't understand is a couple doors down you can go and have the same beer which is double the price in a tatty bar that plays awful music and the staff are horrible and rude but yet that's recommended in the travellers book?!? Why? I will never know, come here and relax have some western food (even though the Vietnamese cuisine on the menu is lovely) and then be astonished at the bill!! All the best for this place, it's perfect'

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Thailand
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went there because this place was recommend to us by someone living in Nha Trang, although I don't quite understand why.

Let's start with the service, which ranged from bad to bizarre: if my girlfriend orders something and I say I want the same, it means we want two meals, not one to share. I guess this could be put down as a language problem, although that particular waitress spoke rather good English. When we ordered ice tea she disappeared and came back showing us cans of Lipton, explaining that they don't have fresh one. When I said that's ok she disappeared again, taking the can with her, never to be seen again. I eventually ordered another drink. Also most of the waitresses actually are standing outside of the place handing out leaflets to passersby, so it's rather hard to attract their attention.

As for the food, I won't waste too many words on it. In a country where delicious food literally can be had on almost every street corner, this was disgraceful.

If you have to go there, go for the beer. The music was also pretty decent, mostly American rock classics, which is quite a nice contrast to the bad stuff you often hear in other places. Although why somebody would switch from the Beach Boys to Mariah Carey is beyond me...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Nha Trang, Vietnam
“Good Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Very popular with backpackers as the prices are very reasonable. Good foreign food and snacks with the cheapest beer in town. Staff are friendly and speak good English. Quiz night on Tuesdays and fun bingo on Thursdays. They will also put on any sports you wish to watch.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Cheap beer and food is nice enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

So it two beers for 25000 vnd, that is cheap. I had th hot dog and was suprised by how nice it was, herself got the egg fried rice with veg, a large portion but only okay. The place has good wifi and is nice to sit a having a drink.

• Visited July 2013