“21 Feb - 5 Mar” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Victorian Nha Trang Hotel

You added Victorian Nha Trang Hotel to your Saves list
Victorian Nha Trang Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   98A / 5 Tran Phu Street, Nha Trang, Vietnam (Formerly Huong Binh Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #67 of 131 Hotels in Nha Trang
Nha Trang
“21 Feb - 5 Mar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

My stay at the Victoria Nha Trang was very pleasant. It was very close to the beach and restaurants and from the roof top you can view the Vietnamese Air Force trainers take off and land.My only disappointment was that the hotels wi-fi signal was weak.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Victorianhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Victorian Nha Trang Hotel, responded to this review, May 11, 2014
Dear Lugi M,

Greetings from Victorian Nha Trang hotel. We are happy to see your opinion sharing here about NhaTrang and our hotel. We are very sorry for your disappointment about wifi signal but We checked and it did work well after that. Thank you for letting us know about your problem. We hope to welcome you again with a better service.

Have a nice day Lugi,

Thuy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Vietnamese first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Good hotel and very friendly staff, they were very helpful as we had to book an extra night as our plans had changed slightly.
The hotel to it in its stride and provided us with the extra accommodation even though we did not foresee the extension.
Although I was not impressed with the city Nha Trang, I was with the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Victorianhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Victorian Nha Trang Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Mckbn,

Greetings from Victorian Hotel.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience staying at Victorian Hotel last time. It's our pleasure to have your love and trust when chosing our hotel and decided to extend more day with us. I hope that you would introduce out hotel to your friends and family who is going to visit Nha Trang someday.

Have a nice day Mckbn,

Cheers,
Thuy Bui
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

This hotel was average at best. We stayed here for 3 nights, the first night we were awoken at 5am to banging from the kitchen as our room was directly above it. I asked to be moved which we were however we were woken at 5am again each morning to banging albeit slightly more muted in our new allocated room. There seems to be a massive influx of Russians in Nha Trang and this hotel is no exception, we were irritated by loud Russians hanging around the corridors at night talking and smoking (in a non smoking hotel!) and breakfast was just carnage! The rooms are dated and sound proofing seems to be missing, we won't be back at this hotel, ever! Also we seemed to be hassled constantly here in Nha Trang to buy coke/hash/pedlos or taxis, there are far nicer parts of Vietnam to explore. Nha Trang seems to be a party town which isn't what we are looking for in a holiday. Also we did a snorkelling tour through the hotel which was just rubbish, we had 1.5 hours snorkelling on one island and that was it for the day, half the coral was dead!!! Spent more time on a beach we had to pay additionally for and during lunch we had to endure a 'party boat theme' although the tours were mainly made up of families, I'm not sure where they were going with this?! Spend your money on a private personalised tour or just don't bother!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed here 27th January and was greeted with warm smiles and friendly service. The first breakfast Was great loved the springrolls, rice noodles and fried rice. Our room was good - decent size, quiet and all necessities.

Only faults;
The breakfast on 2nd day (I think perhaps different chef?) all the food had changed - replaced with macaroni, Frankfurt sausages, plain cabbage and deep fried things. All were horrible. Not even bacon. So I was quite annoyed there was nothing tasty as breaky is a big thing for me.

Also partner wants a gym - when it said excersize facilities On website he was very keen, then was quickly disappointed As is very small with no weights.

Overall was a good stay - the staff are very friendly and good English and helped us out with a good mud bath facility! :-)

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Amy,

I am very happy to see your review about your stay at out hotel. I appreciate all of your compliment and complaint about us. We will try more to meet all of guests' demands and hope that you would come back Nha Trang and Victorian Hotel for the next time visiting Vietnam.

Cheers,

Thuy Bui
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

******* worth a stay. I felt extremely safe in this area. Very clean & a Quiet hotel with impeccable staff willing to help. Very good English/Russian speaking. 1 block from the beach and walking distance to markets, shopping, great restaurants and clubs.
******Not suited for the disabled - several stairs at the front.******

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Victorianhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Victorian Nha Trang Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Ms Deanhna C,

Greeting from Victorian Hotel

I am very happy to see you here writing review about your stay at our hotel. Thank you so much for your kindly support. Your words are encouragement for us to try and improve to reach higher customers' needs. On behalf of our staff, I would like to say thank you to you and your family. We hope to have you back in the near future and we promise you to offer you more than what you got this time.

Have a nice day Deanhna,
Warm Regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my family last week. I like not only the atmosphere in this but also the enthusiasm of employee. Further more hotel's facilities is and good-food. I recomment this hotel. Nha Trang is beatifull beach city. It has many tour for tourisium. For examble, travel 4 island tour, diving to discover coral...

• Stayed January 2014
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have to admit that i am very critical with hotels because i worked in few hotels. This hotel was not my first choice but most of the great hotels were already sold out. The room was too small and we were not able to sleep after 6.30 am because of the constructions next to the hotel. Also the maids were very loud while cleaning other rooms. The room needs a proper renovation - especially the disgusting bathroom. Also we had difficulties communicating with the hotel staff because their English was very poor. The breakfast was OK, but in my opinion not very vietnamese - too much fat.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Victorianhotel, Guest Relations Manager at Victorian Nha Trang Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Ms N,

I am very sorry for bad condition that you had while staying in our hotel. Guests comments are not only very important for us to improve our service but also business. Here are some problems that I would like to ask you to help me think twice when judge us that way.
First of all, I would like to mention about our service. As you said that you worked in few hotels , so you know the check-in time of hotel is after 12.00, and in our hotel, you must check-in at 2pm. However, you asked for early check-in in the morning and our hotel accepted your request without extra charge. Actually, that’s one of our positive services for guest and I hope you would appreciate it. If you just talk about our bad things, you should also mention about our good points.
Secondly, our staff always asked you if there were any problems happened during your stay to correct immediately. Since, you should told us about inconvenient things of your accommodation at that time, so we could change other room for you. I wish you had did it for better stay.
Thirdly, about language problem. I appreciate that not all of staff can communicate in English but you don’t know exactly the amount of staff in our hotel so you can’t confirm that 95% of our staff can not communicate in English. However, I am sure that staff at reception and restaurant can speak English. As I know that you bought tour from our hotel. So that you understood what we said and there is no misunderstand between us.
Forthly, about noisy outside. We knew that you couldn’t sleep because of the construction and because of maid while they were cleaning room. It’s a pity for both of you and me that we can not control the working time of that construction. However, cause you didn’t complaint so that we didn’t know that you can't sleep well and we couldn’t change room for you as a result.
Fifthly, about food. We were born to serve guest and you knew that most of our guests are European, not Asian. Therefore, we serve food with European taste. I wonder whether you ate Vietnamese dishes at our hotel or not but there’s no Vietnamese complaint that local dishes are too much fat. I know that everyone has their own opinions and you do, too. If you order Lunch or Dinner at our restaurant with local dishes, maybe you would recognize the difference.
I am just upset to know that you didn’t announce anything bad to reception about your room, your problems with other staff. We got mistake but we must be known it to correct but you didn’t give us any chance to solve your problem.
In sum, I do apologize for all of the inconvenience happened to you. I hope you can edit your comment and add some good things that we did into it. I am just afraid of all of viewers will look into your comment and judge us as the very bad hotel. In fact, we always want to offer our guests the best service.
Once again, thank you for bringing your problems to our attention, this is a chance for us to improve our hotel services and products. We are always innovating, and we believe that our improvement will meet your guest expectation in the next times.

Thuy

Been to Victorian Nha Trang Hotel? Share your experiences!