“Great place to start a night” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #54 of 67 things to do in Nha Trang
Nha Trang, Binh Dinh, Vietnam
“Great place to start a night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Stayed in the excellent Backpackers House Hostel with a couple and being lazy we decided to pre-drink at the hostel's sister bar which is just round the front. Found the staff really friendly, the music was a bit different from what you usually hear around nha trang, and the drinks were reasonably priced with lots of promotions and free shots! The crowd was also great as it was mainly backpackers from the hostel with a few locals that had popped in for a drink. Would definitely recommend it to anyone!

Visited March 2012

Nha Trang
“Approach with caution...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

Went to the Red Apple for a few drinks with some traveling friends and ended up paying a bit more than expected. I had ordered a couple of drinks that came to 140,000 dong ($7USD) but I did not have the correct money so paid 540,00 dong and this is where the problem started. The drinks were bought but the change never arrived (400,000 dong / $20). I didn't think anything of it at first but after about 20/30 minutes I asked our waiter about it and this is when he started to tell me that I had already had my change. Obviously I disagreed with him and he got a little angry with me so I asked to speak to the manager. I was then led to the front of the bar where a drunk owner and 3 other staff met me. The owner proceeded to tell me I was wrong and asked if I was calling his staff liars. I asked him if he where calling me a liar and he laughed at me and told me if I didn't like it I could leave. I told him that I would tell everyone I met, and everyone I could online, not to go to his bar and it would cost him a lot more than my change but he just turned away from and carried on drinking with his friends.

Now, I'm not saying this place isn't a fun place to hang out and meet other travellers, it is. I'm just saying that you should be careful with the staff and aware that you can get ripped off. There are plenty of other bars in this town that are equally as lively and don't rip you off.

Visited February 2012