“Relaxing, clean and friendly. only minor criticism.” 4 of 5 stars

Mia Resort Nha Trang
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Bai Dong, Cam Hai Dong, Cam Lam, Nha Trang, Vietnam   |
Ranked #1 of 128 Hotels in Nha Trang
Evian-les-Bains, France
“Relaxing, clean and friendly. only minor criticism.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

POSITIVE.

The double bed room we had was very nice, comfy bed and clean with a nice bathroom. Staff friendly. Beach nice and quiet, great for sunbathing without being disturbed :-)

Overall a lovely relaxing place to stay and soak up the sun in peace. Bar at the top is nice for a evening cocktail and they do 2 for 1 also.

NEGATIVE

My only criticism is the food. I am a total foodie so for me I have high standards, i'm not fussy, I eat nearly anything and loved the street food in Hoi An.

The food for me was very bland and no flavours compared to the street food in Vietnam. For a 5 star Hotel we did expect better, I really wanted to experience Vietnamese food but the food we tried there didn't compare to what we had before so we ended up trying the European food instead. The worst food I had there was the French Toast for breakfast, so much butter on top it was swimming on my plate, couldn't eat it, totally disgusting, second was the ribs which on the menu claim they are spicy, absolutely no spice what so ever and the pork was so over cooked and chewy, again had to leave a lot of it.

However, I was asked about the food and gave my honest opinion and they made a big effort to make us happy and made us a special Vietnamese menu for our last night. Compared to the other nights this was the best, finally some flavour and spice and we got to try some local plates which was a great experience.

Don't get me wrong it wasn't "bad" food just if you are a foodie you will understand and recognise over cooked meat and lack of flavour but they seem to listen to our feedback and I am sure they will improve this, of course we didn't have time to try the whole menu so maybe they is better things on there we didn't try.

My only second criticism is they have a paddle board to use, only problem is they charge you to use this. For a 5 star hotel i'm sorry but this should be free! its not so much about the money but principle.

Big thanks to the manager Cindy who was very nice and went the extra mile for us making the special vietnamese menu which we really enjoyed.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Spent 4 nights at Mia Nha Trang during the middle of our 3 week trip through Vietnam and seriously wished I could have spent more time here.
This was the place where I really got to wind down and relax. Staff are friendly and attentive & will happily chat to you which is always nice.
The resort isn't massive but you don't feel like its overcrowded with its expansive gardens.
Food was fantastic & I loved that I could go Vietnamese or more western depending on my mood. Cocktails at the bar on the cliff watching the sunset was also one of my favourite moments.
I pretty much spent most of my time by the pool and looking up at the mountains was one of my favourite sites.
I loved being able to go for a swim in the ocean or laze in the infinity pool.
Had a few spa treatments as well. Loved this resort so much we only made it into Nha Trang for a Saturday night out at the Sailing Club. There really isn't a need to leave!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Mia was our first stop on a three week whirlwind tour of Southern Vietnam and Cambodia. Travelling as two couples (one gay, one straight) we thought the Mia was really exceptional. Amazing setting, great staff (Cindy was especially helpful), really good food and the best breakfast ever. Our friends had a beautiful cliff top villa with pool which was awesome but our standard garden view room was still complete luxury and had a sea view (as for a top floor one not bottom). Beach exceptional. Just paradise. Only issue for us was that it could be almost anywhere (but for the excretion all Vietnamese staff) - but as a first or last stop on an exploring trip, or if you just want to escape to 5* luxury - go for it!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Our family visited Mia Resort in Nha Trang during Christmas of 2014. We stayed in one of the suites at the top of the hill just down from the main entrance. Our two bedroom suite was literally the most beautiful place I have ever seen. The private villa with pool was set at the top of the hill with a beautiful view out to the sea. We had two full bedrooms with wonderful big bathroom and outdoor showers. In addition, there was a full living room with dining room table and small, simple kitchen. Outside there were three separate seating areas; one with lounge chairs, another with chairs and a table and a third area with outdoor sectional couch and covered top to escape the sun. We enjoyed every minute, despite the fact that we had rainy, overcast weather for our whole 3 night stay. FYI, there might be travel times where the sea is too rough for swimming. During our whole stay, no one was in the water as the undertow was too rough. This is too bad since we were hoping to be in the ocean for a good poriton of our stay. No matter, there really was no reason to leave the villa and our own wonderful pool.

Breakfast was very good with a lot of choices and the service was beyond expectation (it might have even been a little too much -- at a certain point I just felt bad for all the attention). We had lunch at the hotel two times (ordering up to our suite) and dinner one evening but most often we hopped on the shuttle into Nha Trang and took a taxi back.

This might be the one drawback about the Mia. The last shuttle goes into Nha Trang at 6:00 so you have to take a taxi back (about 20 minutes for about 20.00 USD). It would be nice for the Mia to offer a slightly later shuttle with a return shuttle in the evening, say around 10:30 or so. Although it is great to stay at the resort all day, it is nice to get up and go into town for dinner.

Nha Trang is a bit "odd" with its Russian influence. Not what we expected but we did have a nice time there on two evenings; once eating at the Sailing Club (owned by Mia group so food was a bit similar to resort) and once at Lanterns in town which was GREAT!

The grounds of the Mia resort are truly beautiful and the staff were also very, very kind. This is a beautiful resort which I would definitely recommend!!

Room Tip: The suites and villas up top are beautiful!!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

WE travelled to vietnam with imagine asia and would highly reccomend as a travel company, they chose some fantastic hotels throughout our tour,and the mia resort for 8 night beach holiday.Everything was excellent from the tours to the guides and hotels and staff we wanted to stay longer.

Room Tip: we were in the garden villas which were pure luxury.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

a great place to relax and get away from it all. Stunning hill top views. The only drawback was the dinner menu which I thought were not quite up to scratch given the price. It is about a 15 minute journey into the main town. Spa was good too.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We were guests at Mia on 20 Mar, 2 nights in the Condos sea view.
First of all, I want to say thank you for your gracious hospitality in hosting us at Mia Resort.
The accomodation and services are in true 5 star.
Ms. Hong, House Keeping Manager, was superb. She responded quickly to my difficult requirement of fixing glass window in my bathroom, which I know it is really hard and complicated.
This personal and superb service is what clearly sets your resort apart from other luxury resorts in Nha Trang.
Thank you again for making our stay so pleasurable.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Been to Mia Resort Nha Trang? Share your experiences!