“Beautiful place” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 263 Restaurants in Nha Trang
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean, Spanish, Tapas
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Spanish chef and his Italian wife run this small and cozy restaurant serving excellent traditional Italian and Spanish cuisine. Homemade lasagna, authentic dishes of Rome like carbonara and amatriciana, gazpacho, fresh seafood paella are among their specialties. Enjoy the atmosphere on the upper floor and on the small terrace. Authentic Italian espresso coffee and yummy cappuccino are served with some different delicious homemade cakes." This is a place to come for some good conversation as well as excellent food. We take great pride in the quality of our dishes, and believe that the level of service is just as important as the quality of your meal. The Restaurant is open daily from 12pm.
“Beautiful place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful place!!! Amazing food, especially pasta and pizza!! Absolutely dishes. Very good sangria! We recommend this place

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MediterraneoNhaTrang, Propietario at Mediterraneo Spanish & Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Hi Tasha_ukr, Dear guest thank you very much for your kind feedback we are happy you enjoyed our pasta and sangría. Best regards

Melbourne, Australia
“Great COLD sangria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

This restaurant is now named MEDITERRANEO
We staggered in after a hot day with warm beer on the beach. The sangria was ice cold & changed our mood quickly. Then came the paella - the day was made! Nice portion, plenty seafood great flavours. Nice break from the 'normal' fish based broths. The staff was friendly & could understand more English than the normal.
We went back another day: this time the gnocci was delicious. Very nice to have decent red wine after 2weeks of beer - mainly warm. We also received 10% discount for returning. Good value for money, friendly staff & owner very welcoming.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MediterraneoNhaTrang, The owner of Mediterraneo Spanish & Italian Restaurant at Mediterraneo Spanish & Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear Guests, it has been a big pleasure to have you in our restaurant and we are so glad to know that you had a good time and enjoyed the services, our drinks and delicacies. It is such a joy for us when we receive a review that reflects that our efforts have been noted and appreciated. Thanks so much!
East Jutland, Denmark
“Really Good Dinner ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We ordered what they proposed as maincourse, and specially those were fantastic. A good break from the rise and nuddles!

MediterraneoNhaTrang, Propietario at Mediterraneo Spanish & Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
thank you for your visit and for your honest feedback, we appreciate very much that you enjoyed our food.

Best Regards.
Stockholm, Sweden
“One of Nha Trang's pearls.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We are a frequent visitor to Nha Trang and we never leave without having a great dinner here. One of the best places when you wanna leave the Asian kitchen for a while. Also great value for money. A must for all visitors.

The Dareus Family.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dear guest thank you very much for your kind feedback we are happy you enjoyed our cuisine . :)we appreciate very much that you enjoyed our food.

Best Regards.
Singapore, Singapore
“A waste of a good night!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

I read the review on Tripadvisor and saw that this place had a 4.5 rating and when I saw that the owners were from Spain and Italy, I thought for sure I couldn't go wrong! I have never been more wrong in my life!

The first warning signal was of course when we got there. There was no one in the restaurant, besides three people at the table just outside, which we later realized was the owner, his wife and a friend. I usually turn away when there is no other guests, but true to me hope of the reviews, we decided to sit down.

It is worth noting that the owners didn't ever acknowledge that we went into the restaurant. They could not be bothered to say welcome!

We sat down and the waitress had no idea what she was doing. I dont speak Vietnamese, but my girlfriend does, and things still didn't "click". We went ahead and ordered a jug of Sangria, which actually turned out to the the only acceptable thing we ordered! For a starter, we wanted to share a main course, the Garlic Octopus. It came in a claypot and looked promising. However it was a huge disappointment! it was dry as can be, very little taste, even though we asked the waitress to add some chili!. We ate it because we were starving, but on any normal night, I would have sent it back and ordered something else. It felt like they had warmed up some left over from the night before, in other words really, really bad!

As we were halfway through our starter, my girlfriend's sausage platter came in. Actually, first came a platter with bread, which we asked the waitress about. We said we had not ordered any bread, but after a few minutes we realized that was to go along with the sausages. After the bread mystery was sorted out, the platter came in. None of the sausages had much taste and the presentation was dull!

We were just laughing at how bad things were, when all of a sudden the owner walked past out table and asked "is everything OK?". I replied, "not really OK". He said thanks and went back to his table and continued drinking his wine.

We thought for the longest time that they had forgotten my main course, a simple spagetti, with bacon, chili and a tomato sauce. After my girlfriend had finished a quarter of her platter, she was finished and I still had not been served my main, I was so frustrated that I told my girlfriend to ask for the bill so that we could go back to the hotel and order room service! When she called over the waitress to cancel the order, she said it was on the way. Nice as my girlfriend is, she said OK. Well 10 minutes later, my spagetti came in. Once again, I had to laugh.... it tasted NOTHING! To mention one good thing, the paste was al dente, but the sauce tasted like it was out a jar of bought tomato sauce. I was starving so I did finish the meal, but it was not a meal I care to remember.

As soon as I finished, we ordered the bill. As we came out it was pouring down rain. the owner were still sitting outside, and we had to apologize to try to squeeze past their table. I was standing there, next to the table trying to flag down a taxi. I was shocked that the owners never even offered to help to order a taxi. They could not care less that we had just dined at their restaurant! Shocking service!

I really hope that this review spares you from wasting a good night, having dinner at this place! It was shockingly bad and the service non excistant! To me it is a case of two European owners who might have been in Vietnam too long and where they obviously have forgotten about food price and good service.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
MediterraneoNhaTrang, Propietario at Mediterraneo Spanish & Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear guest, thank you for your feedback and so sorry for the inconveniences caused to you.

Best regards