“Dream Destination” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 109 hotels in Nha Trang
Melbourne
“Dream Destination”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

We love Vietnam and have travelled there many times. In the past we have stayed at resorts that have been managed by TJ and he has always managed to put together a team of people who are excited about what they do and provide great service.
An Lam fits this bill and them some.
We stayed here for 9 nights, which may we say, was not enough.
After a short boat trip we we were met by a group of people who welcomed us and we were then shown to our Hill Top Villa, which was just like luxury living in a tree house. We had a wonderful view of the bay from our bedroom window, we thought we were in heaven
This resort is beautiful, the views from the resturaunt and the main pool are spectacular and while the photos you see are good the real thing is so much better.
It is however the service that is provided by all who work here that make this place very special.
We had an issue with our airconditioner in our villa, and did not want to move as the villa was so beautiful, they tried to fix this for us but the problem could not be solved easily so Lei upgraded us to a Lagoon Villa, which was spectacular, for the inconvenience they gave us a BBQ dinner on the pool deck, unfortunately it rained heavly that night so this was relocated with in the resturaunt. This was unexpected but a testement as to what lengths they will go to to ensure that there guests are thoroughly spoilt.
The BBQ was so good we did organise another night (with no rain) on the pool deck, we had our own waiter and cook and Chef Briony popped over to say 'Hi' and check that all was well. It was almost a full moon, the water lapping at the rocks, great food, just heaven.
We would like to thank Ketih and Lei who helped make our stay very special. Briony, we miss our evening chats on the sofa at happy hour (and the Mojito's). Thank you for the wonderful food and service you provided within the resturaunt and the stories behind the food.
The resturaunt staff Daniel, Binh, Tam and all the others who provided not only great service but lots of laughs and good conversation.
Special thanks need to go to our butler Duc, who went out of her way to make sure we were looked after discreetly, even arriving at the spa with umbrellas after our treatments because it was raining and she did not want us to get wet.
The housekeeping was discreet, our room was always made up when we were at breakfast and the turn down service at night was done when we were at dinner. It is all of these things that made the holiday special for us.
We missed you on this trip TJ, hope to catch you on our return visit, but you have a wonderful team of people who exceded our expectaions. This was our first vist to An lam but won't be out last. See you all next year.

Sue & Malcolm

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Epikurean, Owner at An Lam Ninh Van Bay Villas, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Thank you so much for being our guests ( again ) . It is indeed flattering to read that we have followers and the challenge is always to up the benchmark and keep them impressed ! Happy to hear that we met your expectations .

Our philosophy is to always take ownership of problems , I do regret the airconditioner situation as it should not have happened as we do allot of prior arrival checks and periodic maintenance . Our sincere apologies and happy to hear that the team manage to recover the situation .

I do look forward to welcome you back again , my sincere apologies for not being there as I was tied up in other projects but happy to hear you were in the good hands of Lei . She has the helm of the resort operations

Thanks again and hope to see you soon

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

This would have to be the most wonderful, relaxing, perfect holiday that I have experienced... And I am fortunate enough to be well traveled through personal and business experiences, so am getting somewhat use to quality resorts. The fact that this holiday has exceeded my expectations says a lot. Right from the beginning you get a sense that you have arrived somewhere special, all of the staff have welcoming smiles and seem to know what you want before you do. Our butler Quy is an intelligent young man who has made our vacation one that we not only are keen to repeat but want to share with as many family & friends as possible. He has interpreted, anticipated, left us alone, suggested options in perfect harmony with our whims - we have sailed on a Fontaine Paget catamaran, sunset cruised, lobster farmed, walked, BBQ'd, swam, read, spa massaged, experienced the markets (with executive chef Briony Crowder - just wonderful!!!!!! Definitely a highlight!!!) and fitted in enough dips in our private pool to remove every spec of stress.... The hardest thing to do will be leaving. Chef Briony creates magic with the local produce and wonderful variety of the highest quality food to tempt you. The cuisine is just superb. Local lobster, oysters, sauces, white bait dishes, as well as every other aspect from Danishes & breads cooked onsite, quality wines, you name it. Just not enough can be said on the food. I just hope that Briony is here when we get here for our second visit with friends. I have loved the privacy, the variety, the atmosphere. It is a treasure trove. There are many staff who have migrated here from the neighboring Six Senses resort who look so happy to cater for the guests I cannot help think that the team here is a happy one. Which makes for happy guests. Congratulations on a terrific resort.

Room Tip: I loved the hill side villa
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your fantastic and such detail review ! It is very rewarding to read that we have managed to exceed your expectations , as the consumer satisfaction index is one of our performance benchmarks . The 3 ladies that run the property ; Resort Manager Lei , Chef Briony and Duty manager Elena are the key drivers that makes this happens . We also have a very strong believe that Happy Staff equals Happy Guests and it is great that you noticed it .

I look forward to welcoming you back . We are constantly improving where we are working on our new water sports and dive center , Chef's new street food menu ( done in luxury ) and our new Cigars & After Dinner drinks collection . We will be expanding on the Nha Trang cycling trips and picnics besides working on additional training for our butlers to improve their skills in keeping Children occupied ....

Thanks again
Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Beginning with a very warm pick-up and welcome, we enjoyed throughout a most attentive and excellent service, delicious cuisine, and professional hospitality in a decent way. It was a very rewarding experience we'd faced during our stay in this beautiful and outstanding resort. We will definitly come back.
Moreover, it was a nicely mixed international range of guests that additionally created a relaxing and gorgeous atmosphere. We are sure that the new SPA facilities will be at best once in place. Very good gym and possibilities for running and even hiking.
Congratulations to the management!

Room Tip: If you face mosquitos at Lagoon, call service and they free it at once...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Epikurean, Owner at An Lam Ninh Van Bay Villas, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Thank you very much for your review . I created Epikurean because I never found a " perfect stay " and it is very rewarding to read your heading . Thanks for being my guest

We do place allot of emphasis on ensuring we have a good mixture of guests from various parts of the world as this is such a small self contained resort , all our guests must have a great time together .

Thanks again for being our guests and I look forward to welcoming you back soon
Newcastle upon Tyne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I was truly amazed by the service i recieved here, from my transport awaiting @ the airport to the arrival @ the welcome sala @ 21.30 with a lovely glass of chilled champagne waiting (very welcoming after a 30hr journey) & then onward via a very personal 4-5 person capacity (hence only me in the boat) speedboat ride in the dark from the mainland across to the peninsular where an lam is located (loved this journey in the dark) where i was met on arrival by the manager in charge @ the time Keith & my butler Thu'y. Thu'y drove me to my hilltop villa via a golf buggy and showed me round and described all features of the room & then took me to the restaraunt where i had a lovely meal and a few drinks, afterwards she drove me back to my villa (1.30 am) where i then passed out & didnt wake till 3pm, i quickly unpacked & went for some food at the restaraunt & Briony the Chef approached me on the way & introduced herself &was very friendly but after the food i was back in bed by 7pm as i was still very tired from the journey, shortly afterwards Thu'y give me a courtesy call to check all was ok with me as she was afraid something might have happened to me as she had not seen me all day (this was a lovely touch & i could tell the genuine concern in her voice) The following day i woke & explored the resort in more depth & i was amazed by how beautiful this location is, truly breathtaking. My expirience afterwards continued to be fantastic throughout my 11 night stay. After my 4th night Thu'y was on a weeks annual leave so i was introduced to my new butler Phong who i have to say is another true credit to the resort, he is the most delightful, happy & professional person. By this time my energy was back so he organised me a tour into Nha Trang city which was great & also there are 2 waterfalls near resort & he acommpinied me to one of them and we also had a night out in Nha Trang also which was also good fun. The 2nd waterfall i was accompinied by another butler (sorry i cant remember his name but older guy nearly into retirement he told me) We walked along beach to [K] am & then up through jungle & rocks where we relaxed at the top where i took some photos and video & we had nibbles also (amazing cookies) I also did 2 more trips with this butler who i have to say was so funny, he had me laughing constantly, one trip was to a nearby beach which we travelled by kayak & then went onto a nearby lobster farm afterwards & then last trip was out on a snorkelling trip via fishing boat to 2 spots near the Six Senses Resort. The staff are absolutely fantastic & so genuinely friendly that when my time came to leave i was deeply saddnend but i know that i will return there someday soon & i dont say that about many places. All in all if you are thinking of staying here then please dont consider it any longer, just book lol as everything is great ie service, food, villas etc. This was one of my most favourite trips ever & my villa was absolutely gourgeous also (4 storey hilltop villa) no 25 which was very secluded & peaceful. I also would like to mention the spa which was fantastic, i had a swedish massage one day followed by a natural facial the following day and both were great & i give big credits also to Gavin the spa manager & the guy (sorry i forgot his name) who done my facial as it was spectacular. I was @ an lam for 11 nights and the time went so quickly, as i say i cant wait till i return soon and i also have to credit TJ who i met a few times to say thanks for lmaking this the most magnificent trip. thanks again An Lam & see you again soon (Daley :-)

Room Tip: My villa was hilltop 25 & it was very secluded & private & if thats what you require the...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your review and I hope you have a good journey home . This is indeed a very detail review and I am sure Thuy will be very happy to read this .

" Explore & Retreat " was one of our design briefs when planning this 35 villas on 50 hectares of land , as well as the experiences which we offer that enable one to enjoy pure tranquility but Nha Trang is yet very accessible . I am glad you enjoyed this aspect of the resort

I do look forward to welcoming you back soon , we recently opened An Lam Private Residence Saigon River and Gavin is presently there .
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

I figured from the reviews that Am Lam would be amazing, but I couldn't even imagine how great it really would be. I got a little choked up when seeing our lagoon villa for the first time, it was just so perfect. My new husband and I went there for our honeymoon and stayed for a week. It was probably the best vacation we will ever take and Am Lam will definitely be our favorite resort.

The food is great. Again, from the reviews, I expected the food to be good. But it was REALLY good, perfectly seasoned and cooked. As good as any food served at a very good restaurant in Los Angeles (where we live now) or New York (where I grew up). Every night there is a set menu, which we went with 90% of the time. Then the lunch menu is a nice variety of western and Vietnamese food. We had a lot of different choices and all were good. The breakfast is also a nice mix of Vietnamese food and western food. I had pho every morning because I love it. The pastry chef is really great too and a lovely basket of mini croissants was provided every morning, so good.

We spent the next 7 days laying by our pool in the morning, moving to beach for swimming and lunch in the afternoon, then resting in our room in the late afternoon until dinner. The room pools are nice and cool and perfect for a refreshing dip. The ocean water was VERY warm, but I like that. The ground is a little mucky once you get out about 10 feet, not rocky, just muddy, but it didn't bother me because I would just start swimming. You float very easily in the salty water.

We went into Nha Trang city one day for shopping and site seeing. It was very hot but good for souvenirs. We were happy to return to our picture perfect resort though. We also took a sunset cruise one evening which was worth it just for the cool breeze.

After dinner we would usually hang around the restaurant or bar enjoying the breeze and having cocktails. The nice thing was the staff made such an effort to keep us company. The owner, TJ, was there and was such a kind and fascinating person. The managers Lei and Keith kept us laughing. And Chef Briony kindly indulged all my questions about food while throwing in some good Australian charm. Just fabulous people that did everything to make sure we were happy. It was nice to be able to spend time with them and learn all about the resort and how it was built, but then also to have the whole day to ourselves and spend time alone. A perfect mix.

If you have a chance to go to An Lam, do it, you will not be disappointed. It is beautiful and perfectly peaceful. Plus you can make the experience anything you want it to be, you can hide out for a week in your lovely room and only talk to your butler, or you can be a social butterfly and play pool at the bar with the staff, whatever you prefer. The resort is perfect and the service is truly impeccable.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Lagoon Villa, number 21. They said they give this one to Honeymooners because it is p...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Best holiday ever! Best service ever - the An Lam people literally knew what we needed before we did, nicest staff ever met, we had lots of fun with everybody, the food is the best we ever had, thanks to Briony, who is the best chef! Even though very secluded (which makes it perfect for couples) the people there did everything for our little group of friends to have a good time, they even took us for a night out which was lots of fun! Thank again to everybody, especially to TJ, Khiet, Lei, Lunh, Daniel, Gavin and all the others,
The message to everybody: GO THERE!
Love, The 3 Doctors

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Truly heaven on earth!!!

From the departure lounge on the mainland, to the greeting by management & staff at the jetty on arrival, and your first meeting with your butler - you begin to get a sense of exactly what An Lam has to offer.

Your personal butler to attend your every need as often or less as you like, all the friendly staff only too happy to assist and not to forget the most beautiful villa's, complete with cool plunge pools. The setting in phenomenal - literally a slice of paradise for your pure indulgence.

Our only problem - our stay wasn't long enough! We'll be back soon...

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Epikurean, Owner at An Lam Ninh Van Bay Villas, responded to this review, May 16, 2012
Thank you for being our guests and it is good to read that we have manage to exceed your expectations . The private bay and it's views do make a difference and all we had to do is to ensure well designed villas , good service and good food . I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon .

Been to An Lam Ninh Van Bay Villas? Share your experiences!