“A nice break from Vietnam” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #13 of 117 Hotels in Nha Trang
Toronto, Canada
“A nice break from Vietnam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012 via mobile

It was nice to stay in western style hotel for a couple days overs new years.

The spa was fantastic. The only thing I do have to say is that there should be free wifi in the room.

I loved the ocean view from the room and the pool area was fantastic.

• Stayed December 2011
MarcomSheratonNT, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel and Spa, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Dear “Finang”,

Thank you for your review and we are glad that you enjoyed the Shine Spa and the ocean view from your room and the pool.

We currently offer free Wifi in the public areas and I am compiling a list of feedback from our customers for our corporate office.

Hopefully you had a nice break in Vietnam. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

The Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

We stayed for four nights in early january. We booked an executive ocean view suite and the room was fantastic, very modern with a seperate lounge, main bedroom, huge bathroom, hot tub and a great balcony. We were on the 19th floor and the view was amazing. The hotel was very nice and clean. The room gave us use of all the club facilities including free afternoon tea and pre dinner drinks. The drinks were great but the food was average. However the toastina restaurant was really good, very layed back alfresco dining with a good selection of western food. The buffet breakfast was very good, massive selection.
I had a massage and it was very good. The pool was area was really nice and the beach was just over the road and the hotel had its own area with banana lounges.
I don't think you can go wrong this hotel

Room Tip: Don't let taxi drivers take you to long beach, It isn't a beautiful beach with heaps of faci...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear “Jobrel”,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Nha Trang!

Thank you very much for your great review and we are happy that you enjoyed the Executive Suite, pool, beach and Shine Spa.

I will pass your comments to the culinary team in relation to the Club Lounge and have also shared your positive experience with the team in relation to Toastina and your breakfast.

Also thanks for your feedback in relation to the long beach. I will take a trip there in the near future to experience for myself, so that we can share the feedback with other guests.

Fremont, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

The roof top bar's view was amazing. The food service not so much. Also the infinity pool that looked out the ocean was relaxing. The chinese restaurant had the best food in the hotel. We enjoyed our room with a beach view. The spa service we received was the best in Vietnam.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a beach view.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear “Julene A”,

Thank you for your feedback. Our 28th floor Altitude is currently the highest bar in Nha Trang, one of the best spots in town to watch the sunset of the bay. Our Shine Spa for Sheraton is the second of its kind in the world, and we are glad that you enjoyed our signature treatments and services. We would communicate your compliments to our Spa team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012

This review is a long time coming, but I realized my time was just about up to put in my review of this excellent property!

Now, I realize there are folks out there that love the experience, cleanliness (and cost) of the many excellent Vietnamese hotels out there. I couldn't agree more! I have enjoyed staying at many local hotels throughout Vietnam, but now that I am traveling with three kids and a wife who had never been out of the US before, I figured I better go easy on them and take in some of the creature comforts of home.

I had quite a few SPG points, so I will be up front and say that we spent very little, comparatively speaking, at the Sheraton Nha Trang.

We arrived after spending a week in Saigon and were ready for some fun in the sun! As expected, we were treated very well upon arrival to the hotel. It is located right across the street from the beach and is close to other attractions (night market, etc). Upon checking in, we were given two connecting rooms on a high floor, overlooking the water. We were really impressed with the quality of the rooms, wonderful fruit plate and cleanliness! Even being in a busy part of the city, the rooms were VERY quiet and so enjoyable to retire to at the end of a long day.

What we liked most:
The cabana's out on the beach were just wonderful! The staff, from the person who helped guests cross the street EVERY time, to the guys out on the beach waiting on us hand and foot. It was so relaxing! When we were too lazy to leave for lunch, we ordered off the menu at the beach and were always satisfied with great food (presented so nicely)!!

The pool/recreation area was great for the kids! While the pool was nice, the water was too cold for us, so we didn't get to enjoy it much. The ping-pong table and other games were great to have around when we wanted to use a bit more energy. :-)

Did I mention the staff and the rooms? We didn't see too many families with younger children around, and because our children are well behaved and well travelled, we were taken good care of by many of the staff members! It pays to have well behaved kids!!!

We could also leave our oldest with the two younger ones at night and head down for a night-cap. That was a great way to end the day!

What we could have done without (or did do without):
The restaurants! The first night, we ate at Steam N Spice and it was ok....way too expensive and too complicated. Maybe we were all tired from traveling, but I wasn't too impressed. I had just enjoyed a week of great Vietnamese food and now we were back to over-priced westernized hotel food. We ended up finding a different restaurant every night in town and were NEVER disappointed! There were some AWESOME local eateries that were great on the pocket book and enjoyable for the fam. Our favorite dive for breakfast (and sometimes lunch) was Banana Split 58....simple place, but food was so good. Sorry Sheraton! This is the one area that I think you fall short in. No fault of your own. When I am traveling on business, I enjoy many meals at hotel restaurants....just not in Nha Trang. :-)

No free internet....when every hotel around you offers free internet......seriously guys??? Take a hint! Maybe it is because you have a 5 Star label out front that makes it mandatory that you charge exorbitant amounts of money for internet access....who knows....

Those are two minor things though and can easily be worked around. My kids have many fond memories of staying at the Sheraton Nha Trang and keep asking when we are going to go back!

Hopefully some day soon....

Room Tip: You may get better views on the north side of the hotel now. When we were there, another big hotel...
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Dear “technobie”,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel & Spa!

Thank you for taking your time to write such a fantastic review. We are happy that you and your family enjoyed our facilities and services. We understand that Nha Trang has a number of great dining options, still our Feast buffet offers a great selection of Vietnamese and other international cuisines.

We can’t wait to welcome you and your family back to our hotel, hopefully your kids will have another fun-filled stay at Sheraton Nha Trang.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We travelled there in Sep 2011 as a family of three adults and two kids (aged 8 and 10 yrs) and stayed 5 nights in 2 Club rooms and it was worth it. The santuary of the Club lounge was a welcome relief for the kids to browse the free internet and grab a juice during the day after a few hours of sightseeing in the hot and humid conditions. No complaints with
weather while we were there, though.
We also took advantage of the canapes and alcoholic drinks (a pre-selected red and white wine and beers) that were available for a few hours during the evenings in the Club lounge.
This is a great new stylish hotel, well located along the Nha Trang beach strip. The hotel hires an assistant who stands outside to help guests cross the main road separating the hotel and the beach).
The rooms looked newish but abit onthe compact side, but understable given its prime location. The narrow room balcony offered some extra vantage point to capture the views of the sea.
The buffet breakfast had a wide and tasty seletion of foods and the location had a nice refreshing view overlooking the main street and beach area.
We also had the hotel's seafood buffet dinner which we all enjoyed except for the not so small problem of being told that the sashmi selection had run out just 30 minutes into the session and that there would be no more available that night.
That was the main reason why I had decided to book the dinner.
Even more disappointing was to find out about 45 minutes later, after filled myself eating other dishes, that the sashmi reappeared.
The hotel's very generous sized gym, fitted with a large range of equiment, and the infinity pool were well utilsed by myself and the kids as was the billards table and table tennis (all free).
The half day city tour organised by the hotel was also very enjoyable and affordable. It included free drinks (one juice/beer per person) and stop-over for drinks at a traditional vietnamese coffee shop.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dear “SydneyRon”,

Warm greetings from Sheraton Nha Trang!

Thank you for your review and we are glad that your family enjoyed your stay with us as well as our Sheraton Club Lounge. We are sorry about the incident with our seafood buffet and have shared your comments with the Executive Chef.

We look forward to welcoming your family back in the near future.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

recent holiday in Nha Trang was made excellent by few days at the Sheraton. A really good location, very comfortable and stylish hotel. Food was great at all the restaurants and the staff were very friendly and helpful. the Aussie GM, Miss Catherine was everywhere and keeping the service levels high. Given that we were there to relax and take advantage of all the facilities of the hotel, it did not dissapoint. I would certainly recommend highly to anyone interested in a real relaxing break.

Room Tip: rooms are all very comfortable. I had a corner suite with a nice balcony and sea views.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Dear “annette231”,

It was great to have you stay with us and we do hope to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

I gave this hotel an average review because it is an OK hotel but not at all what we were looking for in Vietnam. We had been travelling for 2 weeks with our 2 children 13 and 16 and were looking forward to a little enjoyment in the sun for our last 5 days. I knew i had made a mistake when we walked in to the Sheraton. It was like any other Sheraton in North America. We instantly began to feel like we had already left Vietnam. We then got a bit of a shock when we were told that we were going to have to pay for internet connection - No where had that been the case in Vietnam or Cambodia - from the Metropole to the Caravelle to the little boutique hotels internet had always been included. WIth a time change to Vancouver its not convenient to go down to the lobby and my kids were planning on skyping for New Years etc. After spending a day we decided to check out the next day and we went to the Mia resort that is a bit out of Nha trang but that didn't matter - It was what we were looking for.

The hotel may suit others so I will give you a little information on the breakdown of the hotel.

Pool - lovely and dramatic but challenging to get a seat. That can be rectified with good planning - we noted that there was a lot of seat saving going on. The towels and cushions were grotty and in some cases badly stained - they should be replaced. However A really great place to spend a sunny afternoon.

Rooms - well appointed clean and small - but who is spending time in their rooms? We had 2 adjoining rooms. The beds were very comfortable.

Breakfast (the only meals we ate at the hotel) Large selection but nothing very tasty - fruit was the most unappealing that I had seen on our trip. The pho was really good. They would also make fresh omelettes. All around I would give it a 3.

Hotel lobby modern and clean

Staff - polite - their uniforms could have been much more vietnamese - not so corporate

Connection area - the place where you can use the internet - A joke - 3 computers and barely any seats - had to stand around to click on my ipad

Location - way down the beach from where the restaurants are in Nha Trang

Over all the Sheraton has done nothing to bring Vietnam into its decor or services. There was nothing in the hotel that gave me a little feeling of a Vietnam experience. If you want a break from the country or if you just prefer travelling in a North American manner this is an excellent spot. By the way when we complained about no internet the response was this was corporate policy. My feeling is that international hotels who wish to do business in other countries need to adapt their policies and their decorating to the culture. We laughed that the Sheraton seemed to follow the rule by blocking out access to facebook when we had never had problems accessing it.

My feeling is that with the Sailing Club and the Louisianna club offering private beach experiences for anyone in Nha Trang save your money and stay somewhere else and just go to the beach.

My husband feels my review is to generous he would give it a 2. I don't think that he liked Nha Trang very much. The construction is amazing. People compare it to Waikiki - It is nothing close. The busy road running in front of the hotels and next to the beach is very unappealing. We all love the Mia Resort outside of Nha Trang

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Dear “travellingm0m_4”,

Thank you for your constructive feedback and we are sorry that we did not meet you and your husband’s expectations.

We are compiling feedback from our valued guests in relation to the Internet and will share with our regional team. In relation to access to websites at times these are blocked by service providers not the hotel, so unfortunately this is not in our control.

Thanks for your feedback in relation to the sun lounges, we have implemented a new policy that if chairs are not occupied with in a certain period, we will remove the towels (this is also communicated via signage), Housekeeping has been made aware of your comment in relation to the towels and lounges been dirty, and we have developed a new procedure to double check the cleaniness prior to being sent to the pool. We will also clean all the cushions.

We hope you had a great vacation in Vietnam and would visit the country again soon.

The Team

Been to Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!