“Four lanes of traffic isn't what I call idyllic” 3 of 5 stars

Special Rate
Hot Deal from 2,250,000
Ranked #13 of 117 Hotels in Nha Trang
Northampton
“Four lanes of traffic isn't what I call idyllic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We asked for an idyllic location, after a couple of weeks touring Vietnam, we wanted beach, sun and rest. What we got was beach, sun and construction with four lanes of traffic right outside the Sheraton. The traffic situation is to a degree where when we stayed The Sheraton employed someone from early morning to late evening to walk you across the road.

So the location, a complete disappointment, however....

The hotel was fabulous, the staff gracious, did their best to help us out and make our stay pleasant.

Overall the hotel isn't very quiet, with all the marble and glass, its quite a noisey place when busy. A note, when staying over vietnams holidays, its cultural to leave the room doors open and for people to run about in between the rooms which meant it rarely was quiet. In addition children were brought out into hallways to be disciplined.

It didn't help that although we were moved, we were put next to a fire exit so throughout the night noise could be heard whilst staff were utilising the fire exit to move things around.

The food was fantastic, and there was a lot to choose from. Breakfasts were like a banquet and generally of high standard.

The pool was amazing, and once I had my headphones on - I couldn't hear the construction and for a moment could believe that I had got what I had asked for.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Hotel was on the main street of Tran Phu, just a bit far from the main area but walkable distance.

The room is clean and we had booked the Club Ocean View room which was worth it because you get access to the Club lounge where can access free internet, breakfast and afternoon tea.

Must try the massage at the hotel, it was very good and relaxing.

Negatives:
- Had to complain twice to get air con sorted because they had originally forgot to turn it on in the first place
- Don't get all the bathroom amenities but have to ask for it
- Buffet restuarant was not 5 stars service, there was no order for the seafood grilled area, 2-3 times our seafood was given to other people and the first time ever we had made a complaint to management

Overall, hotel is new, clean and reasonanly price for 5 stars hotel

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011 via mobile

From the moment you step in the front door you are instantaneously made to feel like the most important guest in the hotel, but this isn't just a facáde, everything from concierge, room service, breakfast, the club lounge (awesome) open bar anytime of the day hor d'ouvres (in the evenings) ruined my appetite for dinner more than once on the 25th floor, gym, pool (not heated) we were there in the cold season and you really have to swim frantically to get used to the temp. I was skeptical to see so many positive reviews but I reckon they've earnt them all. Private beach is ok too, if it's not too windy.

• Stayed February 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011 via mobile

Everything was fabulous. It all started with arriving in Nha Trang at 7am from a night bus, which involved two continuously nattering women and a crying baby. We came to the Sheraton expecting to be told that check in was not until 3pm but that wasn't an issue. Not only were we able to check in at 7am but we were allowed access to the club lounge for breakfast. We also had f
conplimentry canapes and drinks, watching the masses swimming below at the beach and the sunset over Nha Trang. Our room was beautiful with fabulous ocean views, the pool was stunning and the friendliness/helpfulness of the staff
was overwhelming. We were disappointed that our stay was short. If we are ever this way again, we will definitely be here!!!

• Stayed May 2011
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2011

I enjoyed this new property, all is very trendy, clean, perfect. I am a SPG platinum member and I have been upgraded to a junior suite. The gym and spa areas are spectacular as well as the pool. I think that the SPG lounge has to be redesigned, it's noisy and cold. There's nice music but two tv are always humming in the background, disturbing.

Everybody here is quite nice and professional. Feast restaurant is high quality, including for breakfast. I will certainly come back/

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

In the last 6 months, I have stayed at the Four Seasons in Sydney, the Langham in Auckland, Sheraton Hong Kong and the Sheraton Nha Trang. The Sheraton Nha Trang outdid the others by far in regards to service, staff and accomodations. First of all, it's a a beautiful only-a-year-old hotel with an amazing infinity pool overlooking the Bay. As an SPG guest, I was upgraded to a suite which had a jacuzzi in a floor to ceiling windorw overlooking the beach and the sea. Amazing. This was especially nice since I traveled to Nha Trang to speak at a conference being held in the hotel and the journey was long and the jet-lag was strong.

The Spa services started off with a rose petal foot soak. Massage is very good but be prepared for the masseur to climb onto the table. Not a problem but unexpected. There is a dedicated staffer to help you cross the road (without getting hit by a moped) onto the private Sharaton beach area with lounge chairs and umbrellas. Room Director Nick Lee not only upgraded me to a wonderful suite, but also remembered my name and checked on my outgoing flights to ensure on time departure when I mentioned when I was leaving. The Conrads, Four Seasons, or Intercontinentals around the world can take a lesson. Mr. Lee is truly a high caliber hospitality professional. The staff at The Nha Trang Sheraton are all very welcoming and friendly.

My suggestions for improvement: Lighting and music on the rooftop bar. Turn down service.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

Have you ever looked diligently at hotel pictures trying to decide whether or not it will really look like this when you arrive?!!? I have. Trust me, the first thing you will do is take several of the view from your room (every single one has a stunning ocean view) and especially the 6th floor infinity pool overlooking the bay---ABSOLUTELY amazing! Looks exactly like the picture I saved from the hotel website to my phone.

A few words about me to set the tone----I have been to 6 continents and stayed at every luxury brand there is (thanks expense account and loyalty point programs...)----so I have a good frame of reference to judge accommodations. This is in my top 3 BEST hotels ever. Brand new Sheraton with W Hotel like boutique decor except much more practical. Fitness center, spa locker rooms, and restroom fixtures are stunning (funny to say but it calibrates your view of a property) All rooms overlook the ocean and the staff is genuinely thrilled that you are enjoying your trip.
I am a Starwood Platinum and SPG members are well taken care of----the lounge is fabulous and worth the extra money if you are not getting in automatically.
Do at least one boat tour arranged from the front desk----embarrasingly inexpensive---bring lots of money for gratuity or you'll feel bad for not having done so (unlike in the US, I believe gratuity in places like this truly make a difference in the trajectory of people's lives).
The buffet restaurant "Feast" is perfect to experience authentic cuisine with no worry of stomach issues common to food experimentation in a 3rd world country (thanks street vendor in Cairo). We ate here every single night as there is enough variation to make you happy----did I mention how reasonable alcohol is---$3 USD for a mojito cheerfully brought to you by the pool (branded liquor)?!? Seriously?!
High level wine room with the top names you'll want should that be your thing.
In closing, I have never written a single review on this website, but was moved to voice my positive experience at this hotel. Like a cruise ship, how new a hotel is can make ALL the difference and this one is worth adjusting your trip for a few extra nights----it is just that good. I even saved a few SPG points as the revenue rate is so cheap anyway. There are a ton of new properties going up next to this hotel (Marriott, Hyatt, etc.) so come now before it explodes tourism wise.
Now, if only it were easier/cheaper/faster to get here from Scottsdale...

Room Tip: Pay extra for SPG lounge access