“Fantastic value for a 5 star” 5 of 5 stars

Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel and Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   26 - 28 Tran Phu Street, Nha Trang, Vietnam   |
Ranked #10 of 108 hotels in Nha Trang
Adelaide, Australia
“Fantastic value for a 5 star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Hotel was highly rated in tripadvisor so we checked the price on Expedia and were amazed to be able book rooms at AUD100 per night. We therefore stayed a week and couldn't fault anything, basically 3 star price for 5 star property.

Pool is great, the gym is probably the best of any hotel we have ever stayed in and my partner was impressed with the spa, which was not overpriced for a 5 star hotel. Nice to have an 'exclusive' area on the beach with a guide to assit you cross the road to the beach if required! Staff were all friendly and the cost of food and drink realistic for a 5 star. Rooms were comfortable with a great sea view, would have been nice to have a table and chairs on the balcony to sit outside if we chose to. There is some major construction going on next door (new Crowne Plaza) however the sounds barely register.

Its a bit of a walk to the main dining area but only 20,000 dong (AUD$1) by taxi.

Get in while its still cheap!!

733 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

My wife and I recently spent 1 week at the Sheraton and were delighted with the service and presentation of the whole hotel. We stayed in the Club level accomodation which provided access to the Club lounge where refreshments, both alcoholic and soft drinks were freely available until 7.30pm. Alos som nice nibbles throughout the day and in the evening. The ambieance was always relaxing, with the staff always providing a warm welcome! The room was immaculate, maybe slightly smaller than we expected but fine none the less. The balcony to the sea view was also rather small. Although a little harsh I think they should provide some seating on the balcony. There was a nice sea and panoramic view but nowhere to sit down and enjoy it! The Hotel restaurant was very good, reasonably priced, and superb quality and freshness in all that we ordered. The room service and cleaning was also impeccable. All things considered a Hotel we would highly recommend.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

This place is a pandora's box of hidden surprises, and what makes it so bewidering is that the hotel fails to boast about all the great facilities it has on offer.
Luckily my wife and I stayed for an entire week and found there was so much more on offer here than what meets the eye.
Like many upmarket hotels, the entrance is grand, the staff are friendly and courteous . The property is clean, well presented and modern, but the best parts are almost hidden from view , so it is worthwhile checking it all out.

THE GYM - I use a gym when I travel, and this is located on the 7th floor, it is packed full of all the most modern state of the art fitness machines in excellent condition. There is a free gym instructor on site for advice, dumbells, weights, mats and refreshments. It is one of the best gym's I have ever come across in a hotel. The gym bathrooms are another hidden gem you must check out. They are fully equipped with a steam room, a sauna and a large heated plunge pool in each bathroom...I give this the double thumbs up award..lol

THE POOL- located on the 6th floor, this pool area does not disappoint. The views out to the ocean from the pool area are awe inspiring and there are plenty of lounges and sun umberellas to shade you. There is a poolside bar and food service with polite and helpful staff, if you get bored there is a snooker / games room located adjacent to the pool where you can socialise with friends and an undercover lounge near the bar as well, there is also an iceceam bar that my wife made good use of.

ROOFTOP BAR- Now here's is a real hidden gem that we almost missed because no-one mentioned it to us, and considering how empty it was, I am guessing most people did not know it existed. Up on the 27th floor (I think) is a sky bar. It opens at 4.00pm till 10.00pm I believe ( you may need to check that bit). Not only are you on the highest bar in the area the views are breath taking... But wait,,there's more..you can walk out onto an open glass sided beer garden.. Take a camera, you can get some unforgetable pics from here.

THE BEACH- if sand and surf is more your style the hotel has its own section of beach with grass hut umberellas..nice :)

MEMBERS - If your not already a member of the Sheraton club, then I suggest you join-up at the hotel as we did. This gets you onto the exclusive members floors, ( 25 & 26 ) where there is a private members lounge with free internet access, It also includes your buffet breakfast, afternoon tea's and complimentary drinks after 5.00pm everynight, That is an excellent deal and well worth the membership.

INTERNET- there is free internet access from the public areas but internet access from your room will cost $50.00 US a week. A little bit pricey but the service is excellent. I was skyping face to face in real time with my office in Australia every morning and it was crystal clear and picture perfect with no delay time. If you are doing business like I was then this is what you want.

RESTUARANTS- This place is fully equippped and the food is fresh and well presented. There is a bakery on the beachside of the hotel, a cocktail lounge on the ground floor. On the first floor is a Asian dumpling restuarant and also the main buffet resturant. The poolside eatery on the 6th floor and nibbles at the sky bar and members lounge, lucky they have a good gym so you can burn it all off again.

BEAUTY CTR- located on the 7th floor, my wife and I both used the beauty centre and It is very professional and well presented. Sure you can get cheaper down the road, my wife and I tried a few, but the quality and hygiene factor does not compare to the cleanliness and comfort of what the Sheraton has on offer.

Airlie Beach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

We were thoroughly impressed with the Sheraton Nha Trang. We had booked a Club room on the 22nd floor with two double beds. We had a special 4 nights for the price of 3 and I thought it excellent value. The room was beautiful with stunning views over Nha Trang city and the sea, although probably a little cramped for a family of four for an extended period. We enjoyed the club benefits which included complimentary afternoon tea and pre-dinner drinks and canapes from 5-7.30 pm each evening. I was disappointed Wifi was only available free of charge in the Club lounge which was a bit of a nuisance. The hotel has beach club area which lounge chairs, umbrellas and a bar. This was quite comfortable however we found the weather in the afternoon terribly windy which was probably due to the time of year we were travelling. This also applied to the lovely infinity pool on level 6 which although stunning and inviting, once it hit lunchtime it was virtually impossible to stay there for more than a few minutes because of the wind. I should have probably researched a better time of year for Nha Trang, so this really was my fault and no reflection on the hotel. The buffet breakfast was outstanding each morning with every conceivable item available. Aside from the hotel being so beautiful, we found the staff overall impeccable and really what makes this place work. Having said that, we were a little disappointed in Nha Trang itself and didn't find it offered much for a family, just our opinion. The hotel is opposite a beautiful beach with an impressive stretch of esplanade and this is appealing, but the city side is just plain boring. We didn't find any places of character or interest in the general surrounds, despite wandering the area extensively. We wouldn't return to Nha Trang but have no hesitation in recommending the Sheraton for those doing so.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

i have stayed at a number of 5 stars hotels, but sheraton at Nha Trang is def a place that i will come back to again. we stayed there in Feb for 3 nights with a few friends. we enjoyed our stay so much, the infinity pool is amazing.. us girls had the most amazing time there and the Spa was really goood at such a reasonable price compare to other 5 stars hotels...especially compared to Caravelle in Ho chi Minh City, that place is a joke!!!

once i called up room service at 12am to order some porridge for myself as i didnt feel so well , the attendant picked up on that and i didnt even tell her that i didnt feel well, she sent me some hot ginger tea to my room for free along with my porridge. i can tell you that im very please with their 5 stars service ,and the fact that they went an extra step to make sure that their guests are well enough to enjoy their stay.

Thank YOU Sheraton Nha Trang, i really really enjoyed my stay and i def will see you again soon!!

PS: note : dont ever ask the concierge abt clubs in Nhat Trang, they are not the best at guiding you to the best clubs in town =(

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

My wife and I wanted to chill in Nha Trang for a few days after some sight-seeing in HCM city. Stay away from all the resorts at Nha Trang is my suggestion, and come and stay at the Sheraton. This 5 star hotel is new (offical opening in October 2010) and is all class - marble everywhere. We are starwood hotel preferred guests and we got the star treatment. I booked on the Sheraton's website and got a deluxe ocean facing room on the 20th floor with a king size bed, couch and desk with priv balcony, a huge flat screen tv and a modern, roomy, total wet area bathroom with separate bath, shower and toilet in it's own room (starwood members had floors 19- 20). We also received 30% at their spa / massage service and 20% discount on their dim sum lunch buffet. I really recommend becoming a starwood hotel preferred member - it costs you nothing and you get so many benefits. Customer service was fantastic and all the staff were very attentive to our needs. The buffet breakfast was the best i've ever seen - everything and anything you wanted (fresh French pastries; chef making exotic pho noodle soup; etc).
The restaurants were pretty good value also - we had a dim sum lunch and ate dinner in their restaurant (a la carte) - apart from the restaurant not having the Indian selections on the menu to order that particular night, the food was great. If you want to eat out, it is also very close to many restaurants if you have a wander around by foot.
The hotel is right opposite the beach and it had it's own area on the beach with banana lounges and towels and it also had a fantastic infinity pool on the 6th floor overlooking the beach (there was also a games room with billiards & table tennis). We used the spa and massage treatment service and the facilities (spa/sauna/steam room) and it was first class - so were the staff. Prices were very reasonable compared to what I would pay at home for the same service. There was also a business centre and free internet which was awesome (why charge when nearly everyone offers this service for free nowadays?) Overall - we loved the Sheraton experience and totally recommend this place to stay in Nha Trang.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

The Sheraton Hotel is one of the best hotels i've ever stayed in. My hubby and I travel a lot and like good hotels. The hotel has a really good wine bar. At happy hour it's buy one bottle get one free!! Yes I mean bottle not glass! It's good wine too, from France and Italy.

The Chinese restaurant in the hotel has gorgeous dim sum. We ate there a coupe of times. The buffet breakfast is fantastic with lots of options.

The pool area is really beautiful and relaxing and the beach is just across the road with a private area for Sheraton guests.

The rooms are fab, really clean with large comfy beds and a balcony to take in the view. The gym is really big with new equipment.

While you're there you must book into the cooking school. We had a great day. We went to the markets on cyclos with the sous chef. Then we went back to the hotel and cooked some delicious food.

This hotel is really really nice and the staff bend over backwards to accommodate you.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Nha Trang Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!