“A true paradise on earth.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of MerPerle Hon Tam Resort

You added MerPerle Hon Tam Resort to your Saves list
MerPerle Hon Tam Resort
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Hon Tam (Silkworm Island) | Vinh Nguyen, Nha Trang, Vietnam (Formerly Hon Tam Resort & Residences)   |
Ranked #42 of 131 Hotels in Nha Trang
Hanoi, Ha Noi, Vietnam
“A true paradise on earth.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

My friends and I was here last month. We didn't stay at the resort, but we spent half a day experiencing most of the services here. The beach is gorgeous. It's so clean that I can see everything in water. The pool is great as well. Especially, the changing rooms are very nice and you don't have to pay to get the key as many other place. We just want to take picture everywhere because of the perfection of the island. Furthermore, there're many kinds of water sport for you at the beach. Although price is rather high, but it's ok for a good experience.
I'm in love with the scenery of this island. I wish I could be back here for my honeymoon.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Vietnamese first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Came for 5 nights -
1. Check in = laboriously slow
2. Room was average = absolutely no room for luggage, bathroom outside but covered over, extremely dirty, stunk of sewerage, dangerously slippery tiles. When it rained bathroom got soaking.
3. Restaurant = cr*p selection of food, poor quality, [--] service, coffee machine broken for 3 of our days, when we did get a coffee it had wrotten milk. Waited 2 hours for a snack to be delivered. Ordered a salad which said it was salmon, 2 hours later got a chicken salad so sent it back, 1 hour later got it back but chicken had only been picked out and there was still remainders in the middle.
4. Pool bar = no staff ever there
5. Pool = not too bad but towels were never available.
6. Golf course (driving range) = Said it closed at whatever time so we went half an hour before and they said they were closed, we asked why and they refused to talk to us and would not let us on despite opening times still being for another 30 mins. Then called for a buggy to come and take us back to our room which never showed so we ended up walking.
7. Breakfast = absolutely [--]. Cr*p food crap selection.
8. Gyrocopter = ONLY HIGHLIGHT - AMAZING BUT VERY EXPENSIVE
9. Check out = Stuffed it up, had no boat to take us to mainland even though we reconfirmed it 3 times the day before. We ended up missing our flight.

ALL IN ALL - I HAVE TRAVELLED THE WORLD AND THIS WAS BY FAR THE WORST PLACE I HAVE EVER STAYED.

DO NOTTTTTTTTT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We didn't stay at the resort; however, we had a chance to look at the property. It has two parts - the hotel resort and the public resort (hotel guests can use it as well). The beach is really nice, you can stay the whole day. The pool is nice. We really like the island.

Public side: You can buy ticket for 250,000vnd and a canoe will take you to Hon Tam (check the canoe hours before you go by call them and last canoe returing back to the mainland is at 4:55pm). It has a goft course (driving range only). Kayaking for 1 hour free, enjoy the white sand beach, nice pool plus other activity but some aren't free, like jetski.

Private side: This is the Hon Tam Resort hotel. It's a nice property. I checked out one of the rooms, it's big but nothing really special except the view is very nice. The bathroom - I have a concerning regarding privacy. I think if someone standing outside, they can see you if you're using the bathtub. Mosquitos - lots for sure. I didn't stay here so I can't comment on the service. This time of the year, it's very quiet. I didn't see many guests.

I think if you stay at one of the hotels on the mainland then take a canoe to Hon Tam is good enough or you can stay at Vinpearl resort. Everyone has different taste but it's just my opinion.

Hon Tam Eco Green resort the public side - must see. It's nice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bergen op Zoom, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

We have spent a week on the island of Hon Tam resort at Nha Trang. This was simply a dream come true. The stylish small houses are nicely made with an ever awesome bathroom in the open! Beds are very good and the view you get in the morning is right out of a catalog. The beach is very nice (white sand) and thankfully you do not have irritating beach sellers trying to sell crap. We also enjoyed a massage in the spa. This was very good and relaxing.

Is it all paradise then?
No, some things could be better.
Breakfast was adequate but not special.
For dinner in the evening you will want to go to shore as it is very expensive and quality is so so.
The swimming pool can use an overhaul but is still adequate.

But the nice things by far outweighed the "problems" for us.
We will go back in an instant if we visit this part of the world again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Sandnes, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed for 5 days at this resort at the beginning of April. We came back with very mixed feelings. The Pros:The site itself is very nice and the grounds very well kept, The bungalows are aging but relatively well kept. The Spa is good.
The Cons: The cleaning of bungalows is symbolic (do not look under the bed). Defective items are not replaced (bulbs, etc). Sheets and towels are worn out (sometimes with spots & holes). The restaurant has a reduced menu, not very good and very pricey. Sat TV and WiFi are interrupted all the time. The personnel is trying its best but there is no management whatsoever. There are no activity, pool bar is closed, etc.
I believe this resort is having huge financial problem and tries to save on everything.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Kent, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights/3days and regret staying at this resort. Focusing on the positives, the location is spectacular and the massage/spa treatments are great as there's a Thai expert currently training the staff.

Even before my visit I was trying to get the staff to send me an e-mail confirmation of my booking which they didnt do after many mails. As a 5 star resort I expected them to pay more concentration on their customers. When I asked them to send me a text message of the directions to the resort they texted it in Vietnamese.

During my stay only 1 buggy was functioning and I had to walk up and down the hill top where they gave me a seaview bungalow. When I enquired about the buggy service, they were apparently exeriencing techinical difficulties with all the rest of the golf carts. They had the decency to ask my aunt who is much older to actually walk up and down this hill top. I had to come up with a solution myself and requested a bicylce and when they delivered it to the villa, I realised it had NO AIR or NO BRAKES. I had to storm and throw the bicycle in their faces at the reception.

I know many visitors ended up shortening their stay and changing the accomodation to elsewhere due to the poor service. During breakfast I asked for a hard boiled egg and waited 30 mins for it & they said they were out of GAS. Once they brought the egg it was half boiled with a very runny yolk. When I asked for another HARD BOILED EGG, they brought the 2nd one again half boiled.

The rooms are not spacious at all (room 1228). There are frogs jumping in your toilet and shower area. The bathroom and toilet is located outside and eventhough they say no one can see it from the outside, THEY CAN!!! you feel a bit insecure taking a shower or going to the toilet. As the website says plenty of privacy can be gained, You Cant. "No privacy at this resort" You can hear the people from the next room caughing or even yawning.

If you're looking for a place to eat, go to Sailing Club and if you're looking for accomodation you're better of staying at Vinpearl Resort or elsewhere. Note: there isn't a shuttle boat service from 6.30 to 8.30. they have a hourly shuttle service from 7.30am until 9.30pm but not at 7.30 which is the peak time to go out for dinner. It's a very inconvenient place to stay and is trying to rip off people.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We stayed at this eco green resort for 6 nights. Every guest have their own bungalow with lovely view of the sea. The bungalow had a nice room with a big bed, TV and access to the terrace. The bathroom had both a tub (witch you really not use since its so warm) and a shower with special shower heads. Not so smart since they did not give you much water, but maybe thats eco green! In front of the toilet they also had some small stones, that you easily could stumble in on your way out!
They had small electric cars on the iceland that brought you around if you wanted, but it was much nicer to walk down to the restaurant and swimming pool.You passed other bungalows and lovely gardens with flowers and trees. The breakfast was ok, but nothing special. All the , bread was sweet, and beside that they had lots of cakes and dessert for breakfast. We only ate lunch since the food was not very exciting. Take a Caesar salad for lunch, and go to town for the really good meal! The boat trip to the mainland takes 10 min. and leaves every hour. This trip is free, but from Hon Tam Pier you have to take a taxi into town, and that you had to pay your self. Being a first class hotel they should consider having a shuttle bus from the pier as well.
Their swimming pool, and the surroundings around are our best experience of Hon Tam. Beautiful water, nice sun chairs, and the white beach below to rest your eyes on. It could not be more relaxing and tranquil!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends

Been to MerPerle Hon Tam Resort? Share your experiences!