If you like your beach resort to:-
a) Be locked in a time warp for having hosted the Miss Universe competition in 2008.
b) Have its private beach a 3km electric buggy ride away through a derelict amusement park with the beach entrance guarded by a menagerie of plastic deer, giraffes and elephants
c) Have the ambience of an urban, convention hotel rather than a rural holiday retreat
then this is the resort for you.
Having made these points not all is negative about Diamond Bay.
* The rooms (we stayed in a Garden Superior Room in one of the room blocks) are large, well maintained and cleaned and comfortably furnished. Downsides are:-
a) No balcony table - we nicked one from the pool and looking around were not alone in doing this
b) The view on the 2nd floor was of a palm tree 2 metres away. This drastically reduced the light within the room. Looking at the height of the trees I suspect there is not much improvement even on the 3rd floor.
* The pool is massive, well attended, pleasant to swim in and equipped with comfortable, well spaced sunbeds.
* The beach when you arrive is good - clean, sheltered and in a lovely setting. For some reason Diamond Bay only appears to use a small area at the far end of the bay with a highly limited number of shades and sunbeds. No problem when we were there since occupancy level was low but don’t know what it would be like if the hotel was full!!
* Breakfasts were very good, wide range of choice with good quality produce. Pity that the only option to eat it is in an enclosed, air conditioned environment.
* Staff were excellent, welcoming, friendly and eager to help.
* To get into/out of Nha Trang (about 10km away) the hotel runs a free shuttle service throughout the day. Should the times of this service not be appropriate then by turning right out of the main resort entrance and walking for 5 minutes (just past the staff/conference centre entrance) you can catch a No 01 bus into town for the princely sum of 3,000VND. Reception staff can give you the timetable for the buses.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gorgeous oceanfront property with two private beaches, located in the heart of South Central Vietnam, Diamond Bay Resort & Golf is merging world-class Resort and Spa facilities with warm Vietnamese hospitality. An astonishing, airy, tranquil and tropical vacation destination with 342 beautifully appointed hotel rooms, suites and bungalows equipped with modern facilities located only 15 minutes drive from city center, makes Diamond Bay Resort & Golf a wonderful choice for the selective traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, HostelBookers, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your Diamond Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Bay Resort & Golf Hotel Nha Trang
- Diamond Bay Resort And Golf
- Diamond Bay Hotel