We do not understand some of the other negative reviews here. We are a group of 8 kiwis who stayed at Hanoi, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh, and here at Nha Trang, and we all agree that Diamond Bay was the best hotel we stayed at. We were welcomed at the beautiful hotel lobby with cold drinks, and within 10 minutes he had room keys, breakfast vouchers etc, and golf buggys to take us and our bags to our rooms. We stayed in Superior Garden View Rooms, and these were great. Not much of a view ( only tree -tops ), but they were a good size, with balcony, good comfortable beds, good shower, safe, mini bar with surprisingly cheap drinks and snacks, free bottled water. Room service was good, everytime we returned from the pool or beach the rooms were spotless. Yes there are a lot of Russians at this resort, but they were all friendly, courteous and most had a good sense of humour. We didn't bother with the free shuttles to town, since taxis were cheap and plentiful right at the lobby. So we could get to town for less than NZ$5.00 each at times that suited us.The pool was great, heaps of loungers / umbrellas and plenty of room, my only complaint was that it had a bit too much chlorine, which stung our eyes. To avoid this, we spent most days at the great beach right alongside the pool and restaurants. The beach setting is beautiful, in a gorgeous tree-lined bay with heaps of loungers and umbrellas under the trees. Free kayaks are provided, and the water was warm - no waves. It is only in the late afternoons when the tide is out that the water gets too shallow for swimming, but then you can always return to the pool, of catch a ride to the next resort along the beach. The breakfast buffet was very good, huge selection of fruit, cereals, toast breads, spreads, fruit juices, eggs any style, pancakes, yoghurts, noodle dishes, bacon etc etc. The evening meals at the restaurants were a little expensive. We stayed for "Hawaian Night" one evening, but this was a little disappointing, since only approx 20 - 30 guests stayed for this. The Fire Dancers were brilliant, but it seems that most guests have figured out that meals are cheaper in Nha Trang Central. Sure prices are cheaper in town, but prices at Diamond bay are still reasonable eg Cocktails VND81,000, San Miguel Beer VND36,000, Pork Ribs Meal VND250,000, Oven Roasted Chicken VND150,000, Beef Burger with Fries VND240,000. We found the service good, and the staff all helpful and friendly. But the best thing about this resort is the pool and beach - so peaceful and quiet, it is great to get away from the crazy traffic, the thousands of scooters all tooting frantically - i would rather stay at the beautiful peaceful Diamond Bay anytime - it feels like you are staying on your own little island miles away from anywhere. And all of the crazy traffic, shops, cafes etc are only a 5 minute taxi ride away - best of both worlds ! Highly recommended and would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gorgeous oceanfront property with two private beaches, located in the heart of South Central Vietnam, Diamond Bay Resort & Golf is merging world-class Resort and Spa facilities with warm Vietnamese hospitality. An astonishing, airy, tranquil and tropical vacation destination with 342 beautifully appointed hotel rooms, suites and bungalows equipped with modern facilities located only 15 minutes drive from city center, makes Diamond Bay Resort & Golf a wonderful choice for the selective traveler. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, HostelBookers, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Diamond Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Diamond Bay Resort & Golf Hotel Nha Trang
- Diamond Bay Resort And Golf
- Diamond Bay Hotel