I arrived at the Light Hotel for a 2 night stay quite late at night after negotiating a price over the phone. I was given a Superior sea view room for VND 1 400 000 (advertised rate = 1 600 000). On first glance the room was fine. However, later I noticed a few things that given the price were pretty unsatisfactory particularly when compared to the price and standard of rooms in other Nha Trang Hotels. First I noticed there was some used towels left in the bathtub, probably, I guessed an oversight from the cleaning staff – no deal breaker. Next I looked out at the sea view. On the non accessible balcony there was a water tank right in front of the window which effectively took away from much of the enjoyment of the view. Finally there was the noise. This room was right next to service? elevators which were very noisy (both the elevator and the staff using them) and used continuously from the early hours of the morning. In addition, there seemed to be continuous slamming of doors perhaps from the floors above too. The doors to the rooms were difficult to close so I think guests or cleaning staff were slamming them. I’m not a light sleeper so I think most people would find it difficult to sleep through. Early that morning I requested a room change and was offered a suite for VND 1 800 000. This was much cheaper than the advertised rate of VND 2 900 00 so I accepted it. Strangely (or not) I was asked to pay the extra immediately and the original balance on exit. This room was on one of the top floors and really quite nice, although it could do with a revamp like the rest of the hotel. It had great sea views and a little balcony. The air-conditioning was not the best (vent system). The room was quiet both from internal and external noise. The hotel is not too far from the main tourist area and across the road from the Louisiane Brew house. The pool was nice, small but adequate and had an area suitable for small kids. The Light Spa I was told is not affiliated with the hotel and that I should go elsewhere. I went to find it and the male employee at the spa desk seemed to be confused why I was there. I got the impression that it doesn't offer spa treatments for the ladies anymore. I know there are people concerned regarding the amount of Russian tourists in Nha Trang but I did not find this an issue at all either this time or on other trips I have taken this year. There were a number of Russian guests but they behaved as any other guest and were certainly not the majority. That said, there did not seem to be that many guests at all at the time of my visit. I chose this hotel because I wanted to kick back after my travels in a beachside hotel with a pool. For this you pay much more than in the main tourist area. I would not stay here in the superior room again at all nor in the suite if I had to pay full price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Light Hotel & Resort in Nha Trang is located on the main beach street, near the beautiful beach, only 2 minutes' walk away, ideal for the first time visitors. From The Light Hotel & Resort, Nhatrang Railway station is about 7 minutes' drive Cam Ranh International Airport is about 45 minutes' drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Light Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Light Hotel And Resort
- The Light Hotel Nha Trang