“Wonderful experience” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   02 le Loi, Hue 47000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #56 of 112 Hotels in Hue
“Wonderful experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Very nice hotel with all expected amenities, comfortable rooms (although just a bit noisy on the street side but not a serious issue). What made my stay so special was the incredible service. Everyone working at the hotel were willing to do whatever it took to make the stay comfortable and assist in all travel needs. Even helped me to deal with an issue involving my next stay, calling the U.S. to consult with the travel agent there!! Wonderfully friendly, amazingly efficient. Five star service consistently.

Room Tip: Preferably not on the street side...or just shut the drapes
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Thai first
Auburn, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

We spent a night at the Green Hotel during a recent trip to Hue. Overall I found it to be a decent hotel, but not anything mind-blowing. I'd be equally likely to stay here again or to try something else. The hotel is very spacious, especially having come from the cramped confines of Hanoi. Both the public areas and the rooms are very spacious. They also stick to their "green" theme with green carpets, bedding, etc. (That's green the color. I saw no indication it was a particularly environmentally sensitive hotel.)

The staff were reasonably friendly, though I found their warmth and English skills to be less than that of staff at other hotels I stayed at in Vietnam. The hotel was also reasonably clean, but again not to the degree of other hotels that I stayed at. Whereas some hotels were borderline immaculate, I'd compare the Green Hotel to your typical American Hampton Inn: Acceptably clean, but nothing to write home about. The hotel is a strange mix of indoor and outdoor areas and during our rainy visit there were pools of water in a couple of corridors

The spacious hotel boasts several amenities for travelers with time on their hands: In addition to computer terminals and wi-fi, there is a small fitness center, outdoor pool, and billiard tables. Breakfast is included with the room and is the usual East/West buffet fare, with egg station. A couple of complimentary bottles of water are included with the room, and there is a minibar with additional options for purchase.

The hotel location is extremely convenient to the train station, but not to the major tourist sites, which are fairly spread out in Hue. There is a bit of noise from outside and from adjacent rooms, but not so much to prevent sleep. Overall this is an acceptable, though not exceptional, hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

I stayed for two nights for work. The room was fine with average setting. The window was big and brought lots of lights into the room which I liked. My room was quiet but my colleague who stayed near the Disco told me it was quite noisy until late at night.

I was plesantly surprised that many staff there spoke English so I did not face any problem in communication. I explained what I needed, and they responded right away.

What I do not like is that they have double pricing for Vietamese and foreigners.

I would not stay here for my holidays but it is fine if staying for work.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Sunshine Beach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

we were wonderfully surprised by vietnam anyway. we were in hanoi and the lady that owned the hotel recommended green hotel, a five minute walk from the rail station. so we made a booking and you can never really tell about a hotel on the inet. we get there to the hotel, i think there may have been four other people staying there. we got an upgrade to a suite. the room and the rest of the hotel is fantastic. the staff are great and genuinely pleased to see you. the food was fantastic, even though we had the restaurant to ourselves the first morning we still could have had just about what ever we liked. we had dinner a couple of nights and the food was great. the pool is marvelous. we will go back next time we are in hue.

Room Tip: any room would be good
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011 via mobile

Green hotel is classed as a 4 star hotel .... I would say 3 star .... And just.
Location wasnt near any shops or restaurants.
The thing that put me off most about this hotel was the customer service..... The staff were plain right rude and not helpful at all.
Wouldn't recommend green hotel at all.

• Stayed August 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

This was another hotel we stayed at during our tour of vietnam. This was probably the best hotel. We did book a plus which did have a seating area. The room was pretty massive and you could forgive all the bamboo furniture because it pretty much had all the amenities that a modern hotel would have.

Would recommend a stay here

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
meekatharra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

Although a tad dated in appearance this is truly a 4 star hotel. From check-in to check out EVERYTHING was done well. Breakfast had a wide variety of dishes both hot and cold. The swimming pool was a good size with ample banana lounges. There is even a small supermarket in the basement where you can purchase anything from laundry powder to drinks. Our room was really lovely. Located on the top floor they had even upgraded us to a suite with a wonderful outlook. Our room was immaculate and we can't recommend this hotel enough. Great price as well.

Room Tip: Third floor at the front of the building which po.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Green Hotel Hue? Share your experiences!