“good location.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 112 Hotels in Hue
usa
“good location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel was in centre. It took only few minutes to the Huong river to see a beautiful and lovely . also you can walking to the citadel about 15 minutes. Our room was cleaned very day. frendly staf. but the hotel look it old and the room was small.

Room Tip: do not believe some one recomment on the street. they will took money from you
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Vietnamese first
reading, berks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The staff here gave such a friendly welcome that any little niggles went unremarked! Each time we returned it was to a smile. They helped with tours and our onward transport but didn't push them at all. The room was clean and on the small side but we weren't in that often so that didn't matter. Bed was fairly comfortable and A/C worked well. Bathroom was small and clean but does need some refurbishment. The hotel is close to bars and restaurants and it is an easy walk to the river and the Citadel. Would stay here again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

This place was nice, I could have been a little cleaner, but it was nice. It was well located and the staff where helpful and friendly. We would stay there again we just felt that the other places we stayed where better value for the same money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Brilliant hotel. Free pickup from the train station, and a bevy of incredibly bubbly staff that were always happy to assist. The beds were quite soft, and the windows let in a great deal of street noise (this is fine, given that the street noise dies down by about 9pm).

The bathroom was a rare exception - the shower had it's own little curtain to prevent it spraying everything in the room!

The hotel also helped us to organise tours, which were value-for-money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I booked this hotel through an agency in Hanoi. When I arrived it appeared that the guy from Hanoi had charged me the luxury rate but had booked me in the cheapest room instead. When I was shown my room I didn't like it, for instance there were ants crawling all over the bathroom. I complained, and the hotel staff put me in their best room without any extra charge even though it was not their fault that I had been tricked by the agency in Hanoi, so I really appreciated this.
The room I got (nr 601) was very nice. Top floor, with a balcony, and a nice view, so in the end I had a really pleasant stay here. Also the staff was in general very helpful and spoke English very well. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Hue, just don't take the basic room.

Room Tip: Don't take the basic room, pay a bit more and get room 601
Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

We paid 14 usd for a double room with ac (not needed), hot water, view, wifi in the room. It was simple but clean, ok for the price and included breakfast (choice of eggs or toast with jam.. nothing special). Location is great.
The staff is excellent, they are very friendly, always smiling and not pushy about trips or tickets. We got a map, they informed us about the possibility to book a trip with them and that was it.
We can only recommend to stay there!

• Stayed January 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We have just come from our stay of 3 nights here. Staff are exceptional and were very caring and concerned for my fiance when he fell ill with the flu for most of our stay.

Rooms are very big, clean and quiet and, other than the fact that I would have prefered a shower curtain in the bathroom (which I know is rare in budget hotels in Asia), I have no complaint about the rooms at all. Some people have mentioned the dated decor, but it was definitely a lot better than some other budget hotels I have stayed in.

The included breakfasts were fine - as others have mentioned, you order what you want the night before and it is cooked fresh when you come down stairs in the mornings. We requested a fruit salad one morning (which was not on the menu) and the staff happily obliged.

We also booked a private car with the hotel to take us to Hoi An. The price we paid was the cheapest I have seen and again the hotel happily obliged in ensuring that our driver took us straight to Hoi An without any stops at the tourist traps along the way.

Some have mentioned the restaurants around the hotel - we tried a couple during our stay. Avoid the one immediately to the right as you come out from the hotel (it's absolutely awful). Nina's, down the alley to the left, was ok-ish if you're desperate and want to stay close by. If you want great food experiences, try the French patisserie (a 2 minute walk as you turn right out of the hotel) and Les Jardins de la Carambole - absolutely amazing and worth the VND 35,000 taxi ride or 15 min walk to get there.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Binh Minh Sunrise Hotel? Share your experiences!