“comfortable, friendly, cheapest and very clean” 5 of 5 stars

Binh Minh Sunrise Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   36 Nguyen Tri Phuong St, Hue, Vietnam   |
Ranked #32 of 110 Hotels in Hue
Singapore, Singapore
“comfortable, friendly, cheapest and very clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We arrived in the morning an overnight train journey .
The hotel Binh Minh Sunrise staff pick us up at station when we came
at 8am in Hue .
We were offered a complementary coffee and fruits , which was very welcome
Staff are very friendly and the hotel as well situated WIFI. AC ,
bancony is nice
I just can't think of anything negative to say

Room Tip: rooms have bacony
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Vietnamese first
Tehran, Iran
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Well I had selected this hotel just because it was the cheapest I could find in my guidebook. I have paid 20 dollars for a single bed room, but they gave me a huge, biiiiiiig twin-bed room, I swear I could even play soccer in this room, the decoration was chic, there were complimentary tea and coffee, there was free wifi internet, the bathroom , everything was so clean, the staff was so friendly and always ready to help, the beautiful part was that whenever you sit in the lobby they will give you free jasmin tea(with cinemon) which was great because when I was there it was always raining and cold. the only thing that I didn't like about this hotel was that the room didn't have airconditioning, actually nothing to make you warm especiallly at night, so I had to go to bed with 2 jackets! but I still like this hotel, because of all its good things and its positive atmosphere.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We booked a "senior" room which had more space, at a discounted price since we wanted to stay for four nights. The decor was a little tired but the spotlessly clean room proved perfectly adequate for our needs. We were picked up free at the railway station by motorbike and taken to the room at 8.30 am with no supplementary fee for early arrival. When we left for the airport before the official breakfast start at 7.0 am there was breakfast waiting for us.

The big plus point for this hotel is the reception staff who are cheerful, charming and go out of their way to help.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

We originally booked three nights, but ended up staying for 6. This hotel was great value - we were in a junior double - 16 dollars a night including a simple, but adequate breakfast . The room was small, but fine. The bed was small double, but the bedding was changed daily, there was a kettle, tea and coffee ( again, replaced daily ), tv with lots of channels, a window and a/c, minibar, hairdrier, dressing table. Two computers with free internet access in the lobby. The breakfast wasn't bad either. The staff ( especially Ms.Tu ) were charming, cheerful and helpful and arranged two tours for us. They even have small lending library in the lobby ! The two restaurants next door have good, reasonable menus and cold beer ! We would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2012 via mobile

Definitely won't go back to this hotel. Basic, very tired old joint. Dark and dingy. $15 a night is probably scraping the bottom of the barrel but if I had time to choose a hotel before arriving in Hue I'm sure I would have been able to find something better on the same budget. Recommend forking out an extra $5-10 a night and you'll find something much better.

To it's credit the rooms were clean. But that was all it had goon for it. Staff were not particularly helpful or friendly either.

• Stayed March 2012
Chiang Mai, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

Just stayed 3 nights at this hotel and liked the hotel very much due to the efficiency of the staff, nice included breakfast and the central location. The rooms were clean, quiet and comfortable.
Staff were the most professional and cheerful we found in our 3 weeks in Vietnam. Always attentive and eager to please.
The breakfast was basically anything on the breakfast menu. At $20 per night for 2 people this was a real benefit.We typically ordered omelets, baguettes with cheese, butter and jam, coffee and tea, juice and a fruit dish. After all that we never had to search for a lunch place until well after noon.
The location enabled us to walk all around central Hue and to walk to the Citadel and Imperial Palace on our own. We spent the entire afternoon at the Citadel/Palace right after check-in, freeing up the next 2 days of our stay for other tours and activities. The Hanh Cafe bus stops right in front of the hotel so it is very convenient for arriving and traveling onwards after Hue.
But perhaps the best thing about the location is the excellent restaurant right to the left as you enter the hotel front doors (right on the street not down the alley). We ended up eating there 3 nights due to excellent Vietnamese dishes that were very economically priced, wide selection of cheap cold beers and the nice people running the place. Met one of the ladies running the place the first night and had some pleasant conversations with her every day after. Our thanks to her for her excellent advice on the local specialties she recommended off their menu. My favorite was the Nem Lui; outstanding! Also met a lot of interesting world travelers there (Swiss, Brazilians, Scandinavians, etc.) who we enjoyed sharing information with. I will review this restaurant in full when I have a moment to dig their card out of my bag.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back will be much quieter. They have a lift so easy to access even the upper floors.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

I stayed at the Binh Minh Sunrise Hotel for 2 nights.
The hotel is in a good location, is clean and the staff are very helpful but not overly pushy. The room I had was very clean, it was tidied everyday and the laundry service was very efficient! The breakfast was a good choice of food and drinks, the widest options I had in my 2 weeks in Vietnam.
I would stay in this hotel again!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Been to Binh Minh Sunrise Hotel? Share your experiences!