“A great hotel right slap bang in the centre of things!” 4 of 5 stars

Free room upgrade
Ranked #29 of 112 Hotels in Hue
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Brighton, United Kingdom
“A great hotel right slap bang in the centre of things!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was upgraded to the Asia suite. Very impressive on 10th floor with a view of the river and the bridge! A great place to watch the world go by.
The room was enormous with a 40 inch LCD TV. Separate seating area with sofa and king size bed. The room had a jacuzzi but there was something wrong with the COLD water so I could not take a shower unless it was a piping hot one. Maintenance came to fix it but they couldn't seem to change the settings. As it was getting late, I asked reception if I could use the shower in another room. They offered to change my room, but as I'd unpacked I didn't want to have to move everything out to another room. So they gave me the key to another room on 10th floor to take a shower and by the time I got back in the evening, after dinner, they had fixed the problem.
The hotel is located in Pham Ngu Lao (backpackers district) and there are lots of eateries in the area. It's not too noisy and there are lots of travel agents around where you can book onward travel. I had a problem finding a train ticket for Da Nang and it just so happened that the hotel had a couple of spares which came in very handy.
All in all, I was very satisfied with the hotel. Some attention could have been given to dusting. This was only apparent at night when the spotlights went on. Also the lighting in the room was quite poor especially around the desk so I just moved my laptop to the bar area. I would recommend this hotel for the view and location and a good hearty breakfast

Room Tip: Enjoy the view from the high floors!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Vietnamese first
Dong Hoi, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

The Asia Hotel in Pham Ngu Lao St in Hue is our favorite place in Hue as it is great value, has a pool on level 7 overlooking the city (Pools are a great thing in Hue in Summer), Has really comfy mattresses, big rooms, really friendly staff, and a huge selection on the buffe breakfast.
If staying here I'd also recommend going next door to Les Carambole Restaurant and getting them to arrange you a table at Les Jardins de La Carambole(No.1 on TA in Hue), over in the Citadel on the opposite side of the river. The two restaurants are owned by the same family. Our family usually gets a cyclo over and a taxi back.
The Asia Hotel. The wife's favorite. She's happy, I'm happy.

Room Tip: It's tall, so it's got views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We stayed in this hotel after our first was full. This hotel was GREAT. Outdoor pool inside the hotel with a bar, and a better breakfast than I could cook in my own house. Just wish we could have stayed longer.

Durban, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The hotel is centrally situated close to markets, restaurants, clubs and shops. It is clean and pleasant and the staff are helpful and attentive. The rooms are very average - we spent only 1 night there and I felt it was enough. I had my hair washed and dried at the salon in the basement and my husband had a massage - a good experience. The breakfast was good and I think it is worthwhile staying here if in Hue.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We were just here 2 nights but it was ideal for walking, restaurants and sight seeing. the staff very friendly and helpful. Our room and bathroom were clean and good size. We had a great breakfast. Our bell boy pointed to the Canadian flag on his cap. Charming

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel was ideal for us during our stay on Hue. The location is easily one of the best in town. It is central to the markets and river and tours which originate near here. The room was great with a view over the river and staff who were keen to assist us. The views from the roof and pool area are well worth it and give you a break after a long day of exploring the city and the wonderful surrounds. Our room was small but very cosy and clean.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was the hotel that we were staying at as part of our cycling tour and we booked 2 additional nights at the start so we could see a bit more of Hue. The reception and door staff were extremely friendly and helped us check in quickly (which was great as we were quite tired after travelling). The room was lovely and spacious, comfortable king size bed, chaise lounge and flat screen TV. We were lucky enough to be on the 9th floor with a river facing room so the view was lovely. We appreciated the bath robes, room safe, and loved the bath/shower setup. Breakfast buffet on the 7th floor was amazing, fantastic fresh bread rolls and croissants, a lady to cook fried eggs or omelettes, and plenty of other dishes. Great location in a busy street with plenty of restaurants and shops, easy walk down to the river (catch a boat to the other side or walk a bit further and across the bridge).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Asia Hotel? Share your experiences!