“A good recommendation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Diamond Hotel

You added Holiday Diamond Hotel to your Saves list
Holiday Diamond Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Number 6 Lane 14 Nguyen Cong Tru street, Hue 0084, Vietnam   |
Ranked #2 of 111 Hotels in Hue
USA
“A good recommendation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

Holiday Diamond Hotel was recommended by a hotel in Hanoi, which I liked a lot. Holiday Diamond certainly lived up to the recommendation the staff was helpful and friendly. The room was certainly large enough for two and I especially liked the large windows in the room. The breakfast staff was friendly, welcoming and attentive to our needs. There were also many items to select from for breakfast. The front desk staff helped us arrange a driver from Danang airport to Hue via email. They again helped us to arrange a driver from Hue to Hoi An.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Cairns
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Thank you Diamond Hotel for such an enjoyable stay. We were directed here after trying to book in at Jade Hotel just around the corner. There are so many positives: the staff are very helpful and speak English well, the breakfasts were delicious and the rooms were beautifully presented/comfortable. We found this place very good value and would definitely stay again. Do yourself a favour and just go directly to this hotel or jade. You will not be disappointed. We paid 20 dollars for a big double room. It was clean, there was air con, hot water, free bottles of water and fruit and a lovely comfy bed. Plus a laptop computer was provided with fast wifi. Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast was one of the best we had and service was outstanding amd warm. Room was more than sufficient. We highly recommend this hotel. :) the beds were really nice and everything worked perfectly. It was very warm outside and they always offered complimentary cool drinks upon returning from the day out.

• Stayed July 2013
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Nice, basic hotel in Hue. The staff is outstanding and always welcomes you with lemon juice and cold towel as soon as you step in the hotel. The breakfast included buffet items (fruits, bread) and a limited list of a la carte items. They place fresh fruit every day in your room. We did have some inconsistency in the availability of hot water in the room and A/C (didn’t bother us that much that night as it wasn’t too hot) ; the staff fixed it as soon as we mentioned it and was very apologetic. The hotel is located a good 15-min walk from the market and citadel on the other side of the river, but there is plenty to eat nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The Holiday Diamond is centrally located, quiet, intimate, clean and comfortable, with quality food (breakfast), everything you should expect from a 3 star hotel. What sets this property apart from everywhere else we have ever stayed is the most warm, genuine, passionate service one could possibly imagine. The entire team has the same attitude, from the doormen to the bell boys to the cooks to the front desk. They stand up when you walk into the room, they greet you by name after the first hello, they smile and ask how they can help. They make you feel like both royalty and long lost friends. It's incredible. As for value for money, even without this extraordinary attitude this hotel is a gem. With it, this one lives up to its name, it's the rarest of gems... a diamond

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Had a great time at this hotel in Hue. The staff were fantastic and worth mentioning specially. Every day when we would return to the hotel, they were waiting with a lime juice. When it rained, they had umbreallas at the ready. They were more than happy to accomodate our every request, loved hearing about our days and what we had planned for the rest of the trip.
We loved the "Friendly lift" - it can get very cosy.
The hotel is down a small alley, so can be alittle difficult to find, but that means its away from the street noise of the millions of scooters.
Its a fair walk to the attractions nearby, but not too far - and if you like, there are plenty of cyclos ready to help your tired feet.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

While I only stayed in Hué one night, I really couldn't of been happier about where I stayed. Now being done with my 7 week vacation in SE Asia, I can honestly say that this was the best place in terms of just about everything, service, decor and certainly value. When I got there I was given complimentary fruit and lemonade. There were plenty of free goodies in the room as well, including a laptop to use. The staff all asked my name and would greet me by name with a smile whenever they saw me. While that does sound a little corny, the staff did ask me about my trip and where I was from and they were genuinely interested in what I had to say. They gave me a great dinner recommendation and the location of this place is great too so everything is pretty easy to get to.

The wifi was free and very fast (which was unexpected because this was not the case almost anywhere else). The free breakfast in the morning was way better than a normal free breakfast and the hotel gave me a free lift to where I was picking up my bus later that day (and another free fruit drink when I left). Room was nice, bed comfortable and everything very clean. I've been thinking about any possible negatives about this place (cause it probably sounds like I work there) but I can't come up with anything. Really couldn't speak higher of this place.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo