“Fantastic little place” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Holiday Diamond Hotel to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Holiday Diamond Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Number 6 Lane 14 Nguyen Cong Tru street, Hue 0084, Vietnam   |
Special Price
Book directly to get 20%
Ranked #1 of 110 hotels in Hue
Brisbane, Australia
“Fantastic little place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Had a great time at this hotel in Hue. The staff were fantastic and worth mentioning specially. Every day when we would return to the hotel, they were waiting with a lime juice. When it rained, they had umbreallas at the ready. They were more than happy to accomodate our every request, loved hearing about our days and what we had planned for the rest of the trip.
We loved the "Friendly lift" - it can get very cosy.
The hotel is down a small alley, so can be alittle difficult to find, but that means its away from the street noise of the millions of scooters.
Its a fair walk to the attractions nearby, but not too far - and if you like, there are plenty of cyclos ready to help your tired feet.

1,266 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

While I only stayed in Hué one night, I really couldn't of been happier about where I stayed. Now being done with my 7 week vacation in SE Asia, I can honestly say that this was the best place in terms of just about everything, service, decor and certainly value. When I got there I was given complimentary fruit and lemonade. There were plenty of free goodies in the room as well, including a laptop to use. The staff all asked my name and would greet me by name with a smile whenever they saw me. While that does sound a little corny, the staff did ask me about my trip and where I was from and they were genuinely interested in what I had to say. They gave me a great dinner recommendation and the location of this place is great too so everything is pretty easy to get to.

The wifi was free and very fast (which was unexpected because this was not the case almost anywhere else). The free breakfast in the morning was way better than a normal free breakfast and the hotel gave me a free lift to where I was picking up my bus later that day (and another free fruit drink when I left). Room was nice, bed comfortable and everything very clean. I've been thinking about any possible negatives about this place (cause it probably sounds like I work there) but I can't come up with anything. Really couldn't speak higher of this place.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Nice hotel down a lane off Nguyen Cong Tru street that we found somewhat tricky to find (and not helped by the fact our taxi driver was clueless!). Our twin room was spotlessly clean (as was our experience across all of Vietnam) and a good size. Staff were very friendly and the breakfast was good. My only comment is that sometimes, when you are hot, grotty and tired, you just want to go to your room, not engage in long conversation with the front desk staff. On occasion we found the staff a little too attentive, which was just not necessary. However, this seems to be the norm in Vietnam. I would stay again though as it was very comfortable, extremely good value for money and well located, tucked away from traffic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Portadown, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel arranged for us to be picked up at the train station, When we arrived we were greeted with a nice cool drink and the most friendliest of welcomes. The staff in this hotel are cant do enough for you . It was so nice to be able to check in early. The room was lovely and clean. Breakfast and service also good. Staff also remember your name and this made our stay much more personal,Our only regret was we only were able to stay the one night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Auckland Central, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Fantastic hotel, the staff were exceptional and we were treated like royalty. The room we had was quiet with a fantastic view of the city. Breakfast was perfect, but the most outstanding feature of this hotel is the staff. Every time we walked in we were welcomed like long lost friends and always made to feel special. I would go back tomorrow and can't imagine anywhere else in Hue that could possibly be a better place to stay. Thank you

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed at this hotel twice in my month long trip to Vietnam for a total of 11 nights. I could have stayed a whole month I was that happy with the hotel. Comfortable and clean rooms, free internet, tasty breakfast. The best thing about the hotel was the staff, from the moment you arrive they treat you like an old friend. I will definitely be going back to this hotel on my next Vietnam trip.

• Stayed May 2013
Auckland Central, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stayed here in June. Arrived around 12 at this hotel and were still provided with a free breakfast on the day we arrived . Gracious, humble , friendly staff that could not do more to help you. Awesome room with great views and for the price was way beyond expectations. Elevator was an interesting experience :-) Would always go back if going to Hue.

Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Holiday Diamond Hotel? Share your experiences!