“1 day DMZ tour from Hue” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 63 Activities in Hue
More attraction details
Owner description: Go with Hue kangaroo tours and you will see, taste, smell and experience the REAL Vietnam. Get off the beaten track and away from the crowds, escape from the big cities and explore the Vietnam that package holiday tourists don't get to see. Visit the famous places in Hue , the Viet Namese Demilitaried Zone , Ho Chi Minh trail History and the best places in Central Vietnam , on the motobike ,with a private tour with your own personal expert local guide. Choose one of our itineraries or contact us and we can put together a tour to suit your interests, budget and schedule. All tours depart daily and can operate in reverse. YOU NEVER TRY , YOU NEVER KNOW
“1 day DMZ tour from Hue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I only had one day for a tour so sadly couldn't do the spectacular route from Hoi An to Hue, so opted for the 1 day DMZ tour. I went with Kangaroo tours because they had good reviews and was extremely impressed with how these guys have grasped the concept of hospitality. It's the first time in 30 days in Vietnam that i've seen a tour operator that actually understand the true value of excellent customer service. They treated me like a king for the day. I rode with Uncle Bill who's a great guy, loads of experience from the war to talk about and is a really safe rider. He went the extra mile to try and get hold of some authentic American dog tags for me, had cold drinks on hand when we stopped and even bought me some DVD's with videos about the war. The best surprise of the day though, was when we finished I agreed to go for a couple of beers with them to say thank you to them. Bill pulled up on the street where Ty was sat with his family and a cooker full of food and a crate of cold beer. They made me feel like part of the family, fed me some of the best viatnamese food and plied me with beers until I had to go home. It was a really nice touch and extremely kind of them. If my girlfriend wasn't waiting for me I would have stayed drinking with these guys for hours. They really do go the extra mile to make sure you get value for money, not just another customer to make money from, they really will make you feel special and ensure you enjoy your trip! Book with these guys!!!! They are 100% genuine

Visited June 2013

Sydney
“Excellent tour with wonderful people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Did 1 day DMZ tour on May 2013 with Ty and Uncle Bill.

Would recommend taking any of their tours. Both were excellent leaders and you feel safe all the way. The extra little touches like cold drinks and a wet (iced) towel at each stop just shows that they are continually thinking about what the tourist wants and needs.

Uncle Bill has so many stories to tell and knows the history of his country and in particular the recent wars so well that you don't need to go looking for a guide book. The books can't tell you what Uncle Bill has seen and been through.

A great adventure with great people that all tourists to Vietnam should take.

Visited May 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Spectacular Scenary and Great Company!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

I took a tour from Hue to Hoi An and it was easy going the whole time. We never felt pressured to do anything we didn't want to do and anything or anyplace that we wanted to stop was ok by Bill. He was so smiley and cheerful the whole time. It was a long ride, but you couldn't tell by his happy expressions. Bill's English is very good and he has many stories about Vietnam to share with you. I would highly recommend anybody to take a ride with Uncle Bill, he made the journey that much more enjoyable! Thank you Bill for taking such great care of us that day, I won't forget it!

Visited April 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Great fun, great guys.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife took a day tour around Hue with Mr Ty and Uncle Bill. We were both nervous about going on the back of the bikes but Ty and Bill picked us up from the open tour bus the day before the tour and gave us a little practice ride to our hotel.

We visited 2 tombs and 2 pagodas as well as a village, Japanese bridge, market and some gorgeous countryside. We had plenty of time at each stop, the guys would change the itinerary to suit us. We ate at a lovely cheap local restaurant. We chose not to visit the citadel as we wanted to We detoured to the train station to book our onward travel, although wish we had more time to do an overnight tour with Ty and Bill. The trip to Dong Hoi and Phong Na Caves was tempting. Maybe next time.

The guys are really fun and funny, both with a tale to tell. We felt safe on the bikes. There were nice touches throughout the day, fruit and some water provided and (one of the highlights of our holiday in Vietnam) an ice cold towel after each exertion to refresh and revive us in the heat.

Brilliant day, great value, no negatives, highly recommended.

Visited April 2013
Bristol
5 attraction reviews
“Sights we will never forget. You must do this trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We had such a lovely warm greeting from Mr Ty and Uncle Bill when they collected us from the overnight train! Whilst our tour wasn't meant to start until the following day, they kindly spent the afternoon showing us the sights of Hue. It was a lovely way to do a whistle stop tour of the city. The following morning Mr Ty was joined by Ty -they were our drivers and guides for the next two days. After leaving Hue, we headed onto the Ho Chi Minh trail which we would be following for the next two days down to Hoi An. The tour was absolutely amazing and we saw sights that you just won't see on any other tours. Both Mr Ty and Ty were great drivers and we always felt very safe on their bikes. We spent our first night at a hotel in Prao where we received another warm welcome and plenty of tasty home cooked food. The sights we saw on this trip are too many to mention but if you want to see the real Vietnam, meet some amazing people, learn about the country and taste some of the best traditional food ever, this is an absolute must!
A huge thank you to everyone we met from Hue Kangaroo motorbike tours!

Visited March 2013