“Charming hosts made for warm stay” 5 of 5 stars

HueNino Hotel
13/2 Lane 14 Nguyen Cong Tru, Hue 054, Vietnam   |
Ranked #4 of 109 hotels in Hue
Chichester
“Charming hosts made for warm stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

Having come from the wonderful Hoi An, we were not that endeared by Hue, while the cold and drizzly weather did little to lift the mood.

However, Huenino proved to be a charming place in its own right.

Upon check-in we were greeted with warming tea and homemade cakes in the reception - this set the tone for the duration of our stay.

We pad a very reasonable $14 per night for a smallish room that did have a fairly firm bed. But the room was exceptionally clean, was decorated tastefully and more than met our needs.

Breakfast was included, and it proved something of an entertaining roulette of dishes, with carbonara served on day one, an omlette on day two and noodle soup on day three - all were delicious.

As mentioned, we were offered tea at every opportunity whilst snacks made by the mother of the household came our way from the kitchen during our relaxing time in the downstairs reception area, which has one computer with free internet.

The general ambiance in the hotel was one of calm and made for a superb refuge from the characterless streets of Hue that were stationed the non-Citadel side of the river.

Praise must also go to the lady running the hotel and also her very friendly father.

We loved Huenino!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

630 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

It's simply awesome. The staff is super friendly and warm, the rooms are clean, the food is out of this world.

• Stayed January 2011
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2011

Two friends and i arrived at Huenino at about 10am in cold rain. Even before checking our reservation we were served with hot breakfast and tea. Once we were done we checked in and had nothing but nice experiences with the staff who constantly offered us hot tea everytime we were in the lobby - offered help guiding us to the markets to buy gloves and scarves for our bike ride.

Other than the superb service and friendly staff, the rooms were clean and comfy, and it was very well located :) I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

The HueNino hotel will make your stay in Hue so much more enjoyable. The family run business welcome you into their hotel with open arms and plates of food. From the moment you arrive you will be showered with smiles and tasty delights from local Vietnamese cuisine.

The staff have great English and nothing is too much trouble. From advice on where to eat, where to go, how to get there. I doubt there's anything they wouldn't do to make your stay more enjoyable.

Please go and say hello to Mr Nino.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

Can't recommend highly enough. Gave me food & a hot drink when I rocked up, minus a reservation, cold & wet. Made me feel very welcome. Great room, done out like a pricey modern UK hotel. Did all my laundry, bought my train ticket for me, always offered free tea & coffee when I was in the lobby. Walking distance to the citadel, & literally round the corner from loads of bars & eateries. Beds a bit hard but I've since discovered this to be the Vietnamese way; still had the 2 best nights sleeps I'd had all month. Would definitely stay again & recommend to friends.

• Stayed January 2011
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

I have been traveling for four months when I arrived at Nino's and I really needed a break and do nothing. Since it was raining during my entire stay in Hue I took it as my downtime and the Nino hotel was the perfect place for me to chill. The hotel staff was great and took care of pretty much everything I needed, laundry, they book my airfare, took me our tour and feed me as one of their own. This was really a home away from home for me and really enjoyed my stay. This is one of the best family run hotel I have stayed in four months.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

If you are happy with a tiny hotel in a family atmosphere with superb service but with basic rooms, then this is a great value for money hotel. Our teenagers were not so happy because they prefer a more spacy hotel with a leisure space and larger rooms. They also found the beds too hard and the bathroom too small (it was tiny and had a shower with a shower curtain but no separate shower or bath tube so the water fell on the bathroom floor; however in our room there was a normal bath tube with shower). However Mr Nino, his wife and family were definitely service-minded and naturally friendly; they arranged for 4 bicycles at low prices, washed our clothes and dried them, and offered free milk shakes with fruit and fruit upon arrival and departure. The hotel is a bit off the road (you get there via a small path) but as a result it was rather quiet at night. In a nutshell, a real nice place with a warm service but realize that for the low prices at this hotel you cannot expect a lot of material luxuary.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to HueNino Hotel? Share your experiences!