“Very good stay, staff extra nice, good price” 5 of 5 stars

HueNino Hotel
13/2 Lane 14 Nguyen Cong Tru, Hue 054, Vietnam   |
Ranked #9 of 112 Hotels in Hue
Orsay, France
“Very good stay, staff extra nice, good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed at Nino (for short) for 3 nights at the end of August 2012.

First booking : I received a confirmation email with a plan of the room. I noticed there was no window (or a small one, can't remember) so I asked for another room with a window. They told me it was OK but another guest already booked the room for the first night. In the end, they managed to get me a room with a window for the same price and for all three days. Very nice !!

Arrival : I took the bus from the airport (cheap and efficient) and arrived around 10 pm. The hotel is in a small alley, and when the bus driver told me I was supposed to walk there, as a woman traveling alone, I didn't feel very safe as first. A member of the staff was actually waiting for me in the street. When he saw me, he asked me if I were going to Nino. I said yes and he took my luggage. No stress at all !! When we got to the hotel, the receptionist gave me a fruit juice and when I told her we could do the checking in, she just told me to relax and that it could wait.

The room : I was at the highest floor. The room was small but very comfortable and clean and it had everything you might need (if you look into the boxes and all...). The bathtub was small but the decoration was so cool that I forget about it. If you just don't close the curtain, it is fine (and you don't need to worry about the floor, it's Vietnam, the floor is the tub most of the time... and when it's not, the tub water is usually evacuated to the floor...).
The only thing is that it can get really noisy when it is raining outside. Maybe the lower floors are better for that matter... But since the hotel is in a small street, there is no other source of noise.

Service : extra !!! They offered me fruit juices every time I was walking in the hotel. You can rent a bicycle for 30 000 dong (which is not more expensive than what you get in the streets). Breakfast is included : juice, tea, coffee, toasts, pho, omelet... I am not a morning person so I have difficulties to eat in the morning, I usually only eat the toasts because I have to eat. I didn't touch the pho the first morning, so the following morning they just prepared an omelet because they thought I didn't like it. How sweet is that ? They ask you about your day in a very friendly way, and give you some recommendations (without making you feel that they are selling you something or that you absolutely have to do it...).

Location : walking distance to the citadel but not close, but if you don't feel like walking, rent a bicycle, it is very easy to go around the city with it !!

Overall : the best budget hotel I have ever stayed at. super nice staff, good location, good room... and funny decoration in the lobby...

Room Tip: Check the plan carefully if you want a window, and avoid the top floor during the rainy season
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Vietnamese first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Perfect but only very small windows in the up of the wall ...
2 night in à services 4 stars !
For the breakfast they are 2 delicious jam Mango and passion just awesome we lovéd it so much.
The host were so Nice very friendly and they give good advice for Spend 2 days in hué !!!
Perfect Perfect perfect

• Stayed September 2012
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

To write the recommendation for the Nino is really difficult and I had to think a lot about it. First, this is not a hotel. And here we are at one of the difficulties of Tripadvisor. Because, if I go for the No. 3 hotel in Hue I expect a hotel. So Tripadvisor,please improve in the categorisation of places...
The location of the Nino is great, right in the middle of the city, everything can be walked from here. It is in the backstreet of a backstreet, not reachable by car, and it's a very silent area.
It is the size of a normal family house, but hats why it is very small, reception, lobby and breakfast is all around 4 tables.
We booked a suite, which was a normal room and we do not know the difference to the other rooms. I suppose they are even a bit smaller.
Everything is superclean and tidy, the rooms are nicely decorated and there is some improvisation here and there.
The very young service team is extremely kind, motivated and helpful. They served a welcome drink, help with any question and prepare a nice breakfast. Though, don't expect trained hotel staff. For sure also they will offer kindly some tours of their cooperation companies...

Conclusion, the Nino is a top place in the bargain hotels, the price is very low and what you got for your money is a lot.
I rate it a 5 in the category homestay / hostel / backpacker.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Hue Nino Hotel and recommend it as a fun and friendly place to come after a busy day looking around the Citadel (20-25 min walk), taking a trip down the river or touring the memorial tombs. The owner is a visual artist and the rooms of the hotel were constructed and arranged with attention to design.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Great little guesthouse tucked away down a back alley in hue.
Incredibly friendly and helpful staff. Cool drink and welcome chat on arrival. Breakfast good and location made it easy to find the main sights in hue.
Great budget option for couples in hue.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The staff at this hotel are wonderful. Kim speaks excellent English, and helped us to plan our days in Hue and also helped us to book a bus trip and rent bicycles. The decoration in the hotel is unique and playful. The rooms are clean, and the beds are comfortable. Quiet location down an alley--really ideal for a quiet sleep.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This was one of my favourite hotels during my whole month-long trip in Vietnam. We arrived in Hue after a morning train ride, and as soon as we got to the hotel we were sat down and given tea and breakfast, which we weren't expecting as we arrived late in the morning around 11.30 - second breakfast is always a good thing in my book! The staff were so helpful about everything, from answering our questions to helping us with issues booking flights, and they were always friendly. The hotel is quite small but has a really friendly cosy feel to it, with a nice communal area with comfy chairs and free internet on the computers. Whenever we came back from the town (the location is pretty good, not too much of a walk to the main sights) we were brought fresh juice which was lovely! Our room was quite small and rather bizarrely had a glass bathroom door so you could see into the bathroom, which was a bit weird, but other than that I couldn't recommend this place highly enough - it's a real home away from home! Plus the passionfruit jam at breakfast is delicious! I couldn't believe how low the price was for this place too - I think we only paid something like 15USD per night. Best value hotel in Vietnam!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to HueNino Hotel? Share your experiences!