“Awesome place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 109 hotels in Hue
Helsinki
“Awesome place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We stayed here last December. What can I say about the place? First of all, the staff is amazing, very funny and very friendly. We only stayed in Hue for one night, but I would have gladly stayed here way longer.

The rooms were easily Western 4* standard, with efficient aircon, comfy beds, toiletries and a hair drier, which I really haven't seen many times in budget hotels during my travels. And for the people who say breakfast was nothing special - they obviously usually stay in more expensive places, but for 10$ a night I have NEVER had a better value breakfast than here. Buffet style, many things to choose from, eggs made to liking. Oh, and the wifi was really fast when we were there, so no complaints there either. Also booked a bus to Savannakhet, Laos from the reception. I had to ask my boyfriend for anything negative and even he had to think for a while, but then he remembered that he had tried to take a bath but there either wasn't a plug or the hot water run out, he couldn't remember which. But a minor inconvinience nevertheless.

I hope you guys stay in business for a long time, maybe even branch out! Amazing job!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
watervietnam, Owner at Than Thien Hotel - Friendly Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Than Thien Friendly Hotel, Hue, and we very much appreciate your words of praise and would thank you for taking time to share them on TripAdvisor.

It is heartening to learn you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you were pleased with our facilities, ambiance and services offered. We try our best to give guest best service.

I have just recieve AWARD from Tripadvisor that is "Traveller Choice 2013" today. We are very happy and would like to say thank you very much for your helping us.

Whilst thanking you for your patronage, we look forward to seeing you to indulge you with more of our Than Thien Friendly Hotel, when you visit us again in the near future. Please write to me at xthuy64@gmail.com. Have a nice trip, good health.
Tel: 1093425306

513 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Polish first
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Very good hotel if you are traveling on a budget.
The service is very good they try to please you all the time.
the rooms are big and very nice, clean and very well equiped you will feel like in a 4 star hotel in western europe or usa.
breakfast is ok nothing special but you have a decent selection of foods.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I hate to be pedantic, but if not for the poor wi-fi, Than Thien would definitely get 5 stars. The rooms were clean, the bed and shower excellent, and while the room was small, for the price it's incredibly reasonable. The breakfast was also one of the best we had while in Vietnam. We were on the 3rd floor so the signal for wifi could definitely have been stronger.

The staff certainly live up to the name of the place - the receptionist helped us chase up some Livitrans tickets by making a couple of calls off her own mobile which was really helpful. There are also plenty of restaurants right around the corner, and markets just over the river. A really nice place, especially for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed 3 nights at Than Thien in a deluxe suite for $25 a night including breakfast. In short, extremely clean and spacious rooms with excellent showers. The staff really live up to the name of the hotel, which means 'Friendly'. They were very helpful and courteous, even going so far as to memorize our names. In truth, we had only planned to stay one night and ended up staying three. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning to stay in Hue.

• Stayed February 2013
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This hotel is the place where you have to stay in Hue, it is probably the best value for money I had for an hotel in my entire life ! I hardly paid $10 for a room which has nothing to envy with some 4* hotel room. The bed was comfy, the bathroom was really nice, the shower was powerful, the design was really “chic”.
The buffet breakfast, included in that killing price, was varied, was presented and products were so well cooked and very fresh.
The staff was very welcoming and helpful. You can ride bicycle or book some tour if you want to. The situation of the hotel is very good as well. You can even book a shuttle to go to the airport for 80.000 dong, pick you up at your hotel on time, avoiding you to pay useless 250.000 dong for a cab.
I cannot see how to find a little drawback. I recommend so much this hotel !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
watervietnam, Owner at Than Thien Hotel - Friendly Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Feb 6, 2013
Dear pitt1912,

It is heartening to learn you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you were pleased with our facilities, ambiance and services offered. We are glad you were able to point out different areas of the hotel that you experienced. As you know we try to keep low price for our guest and also take care guest carefully. Guest will get much benefit if they book Deluxe room of my Hotel.

Whilst thanking you for your patronage, we look forward to seeing you to indulge you with more of our Than Thien Friendly Hotel, when you visit us again in the near future. Please write to me at xthuy64@gmail.com. Have a nice trip, good health, happiness.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

I will stay here for 10 nights (have been here for 8 already). The staff are all attentive, welcoming & strive to provide good customer service. The staff speak very good english. The rooms are clean & cleaned well each day. There is reliable wifi & working public computer for use. There is good variety on offer at the buffet breakfast! I really appreciate all the little touches - like the hot water thermos provided, when i had a tummy ache & room upgrade later in my stay. This was the 1st hotel in Vietnam to actively request feedback on their service - I was asked often if I was happy with the room & if not to please let them know. The hotel manager was present & regularly engaged with guests! I recommend this hotel & would stay here again. Thank you to all the staff at Than Thien Hotel - Friendly hotel!

• Stayed February 2013
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were really happy with this hotel.... We got picked up at the train station by the owner himself (Thuy) just because he so happened to have nothing to do that day! We felt quite special and he was such a nice man - he pointed a few things out about Hue on the way to the hotel. Once we got there, we were greeted very eagerly by his incredibly nice staff. They quickly checked us in and showed us everything about our room - which was VERY nice by the way. We got a deluxe room since it was only 4$ more and it had a window. We highly recommend room 306, very modern, tasteful and the bathroom was very nice too!

My only minor complaint is that we couldn't find a way to turn off or dim the screen on the air-con unit. It was so bright that it lit up the room while we were sleeping. So we found something to stick in front of the screen and then it was fine. So no biggie.

The breakfast is pretty good! Fresh fruit, nice assortment of dumplings and rice, noodles, bacon, bread etc... They also had some cooks taking orders for fresh cooked eggs which they bring to your table.

Honestly, this place is best bang for your buck in all of Hue. The staff is genuinely nice, taking interest in having conversation with you about your day and they offer pretty good recommendations on tours and places to eat. Thank you Than Thien hotel! :)

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Feb 6, 2013
Dear ChristineAlbanese,

It is heartening to learn you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you were pleased with our facilities, ambiance and services offered. We are glad while you say OK with our Upgrade Package, at that time you pay 4$ more and get much benefit to stay in Deluxe Room. As you know some love meeting people so if I have free time I drive to Train/bus station to pick guest up for free. Talk with guests make me happier.

Whilst thanking you for your patronage, we look forward to seeing you to indulge you with more of our Than Thien Friendly Hotel, when you visit us again in the near future. Please write to me at xthuy64@gmail.com. Have a nice trip, good health and happiness.
Mr. THUY - Hotel Manager/ Sales

Been to Than Thien Hotel - Friendly Hotel? Share your experiences!