“I wish one day I could come back here. Amazing!!!” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No. 16, Nguyen Thai Hoc Str., Hue 08454, Vietnam   |
Ranked #21 of 112 Hotels in Hue
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hoi An, Vietnam
“I wish one day I could come back here. Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I usually travel, especially in Asia. Last 2 years,I had been to several hotels in Hue since I stayed for 3 weeks, it sort of disappointed me. However, this year was totally different. I have been in this hotel for 2 days and everything was so wonderful. Firstly, The hotel service was outstanding. Every staff here was enthusiastic, friendly and they were willing to do anything as long as it would satisfy their guests. I felt as though I am the emperior. Secondly, the room was amazing. It absolutely deserved a 4 stars hotel. Compares to other hotels in Hue that I have stayed for last 2 years, Romance Hotel was the best of all. The lovely room, romantic design, it sent out a luxurious and elegant space. You should also try the Spa and the Restaurant. After hard working terms, nothing is better than a massage. Well, I tried the full pack and it was really great. About the restaurant, oh, I love the food here so much. There was almost all kinds of food in the world, like in Asia, Europe, America and so on. I tried the Chinese food, you know the soup which Vietnamese or Chinese called fish's bubbles. I love it so much that I also asked the chef how to cook it. The manager of restaurant really cared about his guests. He asked me whether something made me get offense or how was the food like. If you are bored with some normal food, ask the staff to suggest you some great food. Staying here was worthwhile, you don't regret spending money when you are here. Well, any way, this was more than what I had expected. I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Korean first
Ho chi Minh Cty
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is an excellent Hotel i have ever stayed. Everything was so good. The Hotel has Trien their best to satisfy me. I would like to stay here forever. Only when you come and stay here, will you find how amazing it is. I Don't really understand why some people making such horrible reviews. I ưould recomend it to anyone.

Room Tip: You Don't need any tip to choose a good room since every room is good.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed in a small boutique hotel in Hanoi, this was a complete change, being modern, quite large and very comfortable. Our room was huge with twin beds zipped together, so enormous! The breakfast buffet was excellent with both Vietnamese and western choices. Don't miss the rooftop pool with views across the city to the river and hills - we spent a cooling hour up there after a hot and sticky morning city tour, which was delightful. The staff are mostly eager to please and friendly.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

by far the most modern hotel we had stayed in during our trip, views from the roof top were superb.
Breakfast was very good, plenty of choice. Rooms were large and very clean, however they had the lowest and hardest beds of the whole trip, however this is just an observation. Having bad knees I find it difficult to get down low so having beds at Futon height makes it a little difficult.
Having said that the staff and facilities are great. walking distance to some great restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Most of the hotels I've stayed in have been good and can't really complain at all, but Romance was definitely a bit above the norm. Nice spacious rooms with everything very clean, and great views. Nice to cool off in the Pool which is on the top floor along with the Restaurant. Breakfast was great with a good choice including fresh mango!! Staff friendly and polite, would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel had a very modern feel and as it appeared to be more recently constructed the rooms were the largest I had in any location in Vietnam or Cambodia. The bathroom was also very modern. the wifi was free, the breakfast good and the room had a well sized desk for a laptop. I was allocated a room on a high floor and it was all very clean.
There were 2 downsides..........
The room temperature is controlled by the reception and after getting my room temp set to 19C it was very comfortable......then at 3am every morning the temp is reset to 26C........so I woke every night at about 3,30am and had to call and ask them to reset! On the second night there was so much "clanking" I thought they must have been working on a room above me. It turns out that I should have turned the hot water off as it was the plumbing that "clanked" every 20 minutes or so keeping me awake.
The bar was quite good, but they played the music way to loud for us oldies!
The reception staff were very helpful in booking restaurants and taxis.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hanover Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Romance hotel for 3 nights in June 2013. The rooms were big, modern, and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was huge with lots of selection, and is served in the top floor restaurant with a great view of Hue and the surrounding mountains. My husband got a massage at the spa and it was very reasonably priced, much cheaper than in the US. The location is central, close to the DMZ bar/café and many other restaurants. It is an easy walk to the river to rent a boat for a tour of the river. The staff was efficient and friendly. The only weird thing is that the bathtub is not long enough for me, a 5'6 woman to fit my whole body in comfortably, but it wasn't deep enough to be a soaking tub either. There is extra space surrounding the tub, so I thought that it was weird that they put in the kind of tub that they did. But of course this is a minor thing, and I would stay at this hotel again for sure. Finally, I would not recommend paying extra for a mountain view room; we booked this but they didn't even put us in one of these rooms because we checked in later in the day and we wanted two double beds, so maybe all of those types were taken on the mountain view side? In any case, the mountains are more off in the distance and not real close up, so I didn't think it was any big deal to get a mountain view room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Romance Hotel? Share your experiences!