“Stayed in both the boutique and the two-star version” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mifuki Boutique Hotel

You added Mifuki Boutique Hotel to your Saves list
Mifuki Boutique Hotel
3.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   33-35 Le Anh Xuan Street | District 1, Ho Chi Minh City 848, Vietnam   |
Ranked #268 of 739 Ho Chi Minh City B&B and Inns
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
“Stayed in both the boutique and the two-star version”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

We paid $55/night for a room in the boutique hotel. Yes, it was small, but I have no idea what other hotels in the area are like. I thought this one had remodeled. Cheapest option yet quiet!! Bathroom was nice. Flat-screen TV, two free bottles of water/day, free wifi (with a security code). Unlike another reviewer, we liked the breakfast. And having on an 8th floor rooftop dining area was a nice touch.
We also paid $25/night for the two-star. Definitely a difference. You could get breakfast next door for $3. No free water. Room was smaller, bathroom not as nice. Felt like it was a converted office building (our room had a window to the hall that was covered up but some light still got through. But we arrived at midnight and were planning to leave at 3 am the second night for our flight home (ended up being re-routed and leaving at 9 pm). For what we needed, price was right.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank princetonarea

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Mifuki boutique hotel is located in prime location of the city center, but there are many other likewise hotels around this area. The rooms are small and old, one of my travelling partner's room has a gab at the room's door which allows people to peek into the room, not very safe. The sound proof are bad such that you can hear people talking next door or in the corridor. Not to mention their breakfast, it's better to walk out and eat at the market.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Mifuki, General Manager at Mifuki Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Dear Traveleddict,

Thank you so much for your valuable comments. As the Operation Manager of the Hotel, I would like to convey to you my sincere apologies for any inconveniences you may have experience during your tenure with us.

I would like to inform you that I have requested Maintenance to follow up the door problem. I promise that it will be fixed and there will be no comments in the future in regards to this.

Regarding the sound proof, I am working on it to find out the way how to reduce the level of impacting for each single guest, when guests in another room have quite loud conversation. I have carried out the test to see how much I can hear from other rooms. The result has showed that we can hear it when others voice are quite high. It is extremely important for us so if you do not mind, please kindly inform us the room number. The structure of each room is entirely different so the level of impacting might be different so please help us by providing the room number which you had stayed only.

In relation to breakfast menu, I will revise the menu to give more choices to our guests in the future. At the moment, we have different menu for each day so someday the menu might be less food times. Thank you for bringing it to my attention and I will have a look into it.

I am really appreciating your patronage and hope that these problems do not keep you from returning to our Hotel. I am looking forward to having you stay with us in the nearest future as I would like to have another chance to show you how much we appreciate your comments as well as others.

Once again, thank you for your times and comments.
South Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

A good location very close to the Ben Thanh Market and reception staff were pleasant - pity about the breakfast staff - overworked, unhelpful and don't get me started on the quality of the included breakfast which was served on a nice little rooftop area but was; never ready on time, coffee too cold to drink with a dismal selection (same as the staff really!) Now for the rooms - we stayed in two different 'deluxe' rooms both in need of renovation (worn carpet, paintwork etc) although to be fair the bathrooms while tiny, were newly appointed (perhaps not as clean as we would have liked). The rooms and indeed all the top floors of the hotel had a permeating damp odour which left us feeling most unwell forcing us to spend as little time in the room as possible. The rooms did have a safe but it was unsecured and could be removed by anyone with room access. The only thing going for this hotel is it's location and the lovely coffee shop on the diagonal corner.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PaigeySouthAustralia
Mifuki, Manager at Mifuki Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Dear PaigeySouthAustralia,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review following your recent stay. As an Operation Manager at the Mifuki Boutique Hotel, I am sincere apologies for spoiling your vacation. If I know this problem early than that, I can find out the way how to fix it and try to make it up to you and your friends as soon as possible. Thank you so much for bringing it to my attention and I would love to see more guests be opened to us like yourself so we can improve quality of our products and services.
A chef who was responsible for getting all breakfast items out on times was been asked to stop working at our Hotel. We have also changed another breakfast staff as the previous staff did not have any hospitality attitudes.
I have requested Carpet Company come to fix the worn carpet in front of the lift as well as deep cleaning carpet inside all the guests’ room. All of our room has wallpapers so I would love to ask you for a huge favor which is the room number so I can do inspection. I have to admit that the toilet spaces in some rooms are quite small but others are not.
All of the rooms as well as corridors have natural essential oils machines and some guests said that it made them feel uncomfortable and hard to breathe. If this is a case and you did have a same feeling like others guests then please let me know.
We are responsible for our guests’ belongings during their stay so if anything goes missing in a room, I will be the one carryout investigation. After investigation is done, guests’ belongings will be returned along with apologies.
I really appreciated your thoughts and comments and strongly hope that we can have another chance to have you as our guests.
Many Thanks and Kind Regards,
Operation Manager

Travelers are raving about these Ho Chi Minh City hotels

Sofia, Bulgaria
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Charming small hotel with big generous attitude; no restaurant but lovely breakfast terrace, and excellent sister establishment

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Oslo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights during my business trip to HCMC. The location was good for our needs. Not far away from the backpacker area and within walking distance to the Rex and Opera.

Free wifi that worked perfect in my room.

The Breakfast was nice and located on the top floor.

The traffic noise was no problems on my floor (2. floor).

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Haraldsenb
Reading, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2011

We were very disappointed on arrival to be informed Spa closed. We had purposely booked this hotel for the Spa as this was our first hotel on arrival in Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City.
Good location. Room large, bur need of redecoration. Breakfast on rooftop of hotel which is very pleasant.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank morten25
Nederland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

The hotel is at a good location. Breakfast is at the roof so that is nice.
Rooms are clean and big. We like staying here.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple