“Warm family hotel πŸ‘πŸ‘” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Duc Vuong Hotel

You added Duc Vuong Hotel to your Saves list
Duc Vuong Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   195 Bui Vien St, Pham Ngu Lao ward, Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #24 of 370 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Singapore
“Warm family hotel πŸ‘πŸ‘”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights in room 715. The room is beautifully decorated with some nice wallpapers, room is not too small but also not too big and it's clean, it has this wooden floor that I really like and the bed is really comfortable as well. The toilet is spacious enough, but the shower was not strong enough though. The hotel provided free breakfast everyday, and it was awesome! There were varieties of food for guests to choose and all were delicious! There is also a rooftop restaurant in the hotel that has amazing views of the city!

One thing I'm amazed about this hotel is that, the staffs are very friendly and they remember the guests' name! They will greet you by name when they see you the receptionist Eva is really sweet and friendly, command of English is good, Linh is always ready to talk to people, English is clear and good as well, bartender Hao is humorous and makes great drinks... And many more..

In short, I enjoyed my stay in Duc Vuong hotel, the room, food and staff all are great and I like their slogan "we are family". They really live the slogan out and treat everyone like a family member ^^

Stayed October 2013
Duc Vuong H, Director of Sales at Duc Vuong Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience in such a detailed way through TripAdvisor and thank you for pointing out the beautiful of our room, the good customer service, the restaurant.

I have taken notes of all your raised points. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Jillian (Ms.)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Being located in vui bien street is for sure an advantage for whom wants to experience Saigon by night in a very touristic way and the best option in this area. Some improvements could be made, but for the budget it is all right. Employees treat you very kindly and know every guest by name, more, they are really following up for everyone's problems:-)

Breakfast is not extraordinary, good continental breakki.

Rooftop bar is also an experience.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for being our valuable guest and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to know that we were able to make your stay such a pleasant one. Your kind comments about the hospitality of our team and on the breakfast has been well noted and I will certainly congratulate the team.

I hope we will be able to welcome you back on future visit to VietNam.

Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I started our two week trip here in the bustling heart of Saigon's District 1. This is definitely the "backpacker tourist" area, with lots of fun bars, cafes, and VERY eager street vendors + Cyclos.

The hotel itself is very nice given the room rates, well furnished in the lobby and rooftop bar/restaurant. The rooms are pretty small and the humidity/dampness of Saigon is definitely felt here, but the room itself is clean and comfortable.

The staff is top notch, and the doormen will literally go out with you to bargain with the local vendors if you need an emergency item like a rain coat or personal items. The breakfast spread is complimentary for at least one night and is actually a very good arrangement, including both Vietnamese and Western assortments. My favorite part about the hotel though is the rooftop bar which has a stunning view of the city and includes a beautiful garden like area where couples and friends can escape the hustle of the city streets.

The area itself is pretty centrally located, especially for the 18-35 age group which is looking to party. You wont be disappointed.

I would DEFINITELY come back here if I came to Saigon again

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Duc Vuong H, Director of Sales at Duc Vuong Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Greetings from Duc Vuong Hotel and thank you so much for taking the time to post your detailed review!

We are of course delighted that you enjoyed our location, the room rate and especially the rooftop restaurant. About the room you mentioned, it will be larger for the higher room level, for your next stay you can try another lever of room so that your stay can be perfect.

Many thanks and warm regards.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed with family for 4 days. This is a great Hotel very clean and very central to all. Great staff very friendly. Celebrated with them there 7 th anniversary and enjoyed the complimentary buffet dinner. Well done Duc Vong Hotel and each and every staff member.

• Stayed October 2013
Duc Vuong H, Director of Sales at Duc Vuong Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for joining us on celebrating our hotel 7th 's birthday. We will try to increase our room, service and some other things to meet our guest satisfaction.

With your next staying with us, please come back with our rooftop restaurant to enjoy some more dishes or special drinks which you haven't tried before.

Westminster, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

So you are here looking for feedback and so I wrote a book (sorry for the lengthy and detail encounters but I found that more is better when it comes to traveling :-)

This was my first time traveling alone. I've traveled to Asia and Vietnam my times but never alone so it was a nervous and yet exciting decision.

To give you a better perspective, I'll give you a little background about me:
* I was born in central Vietnam (Dalat) and was raised in Nha Trang (central VN)
* I left VN and migrated to US when I was in 3rd grade so I still can carry a conversation in Vietnamese. However, all my upbringings and familiarities were from the States

BTW, knowing that I wanted to provide my feedback on TripAdvisor, I'd pay special attention to details during my 20 days stay. Now, to the glory details... :-)

As a single woman traveling for the first time by myself, I wanted to be more prepared to ease off my nervousness, did a lot of research using TripAdvisor as to which hotel has the balcony view, roof top restaurant, safe, clean, bang-for-the-buck and centrally located to most shops/markets.

I was really surprised to find out that Duc Vuong was #14 (#11 now) out of 340 or so hotels in HoChiMinh( HCM). It met ALL of my requirements (see criteria above). Needless to say, my friends from US warned me about the 'Bui Vien' or 'Tay BaLo' area. The hotel is located on Bui Vien street and is known as 'Tay BaLo' (foreigners), which also has a negative connotation that it would be routy and can be unsafe (purse snatching).

Sticking to my gun and feeling more confident as I'm still in awe with Duc Vuong being #14 (#11 a week after my initial research) AND meeting ALL of my requirements. I called up the hotel a week before my travel. Tram, the receptionist answered in her soft voice and took my reservation. I was very uncomfortable and nervous whether Tram would keep my reservation without my credit card information. Feeling less confident at this time, I told Tram that I was only staying for 2 days in case Duc Vuong didn't pan out as expected. I also told Tram that I would stay as long as 3 weeks if Duc Vuong turned out as I expected.

I went straight to Duc Vuong after I landed, still hoping that Tram has my reservation. While being driven to the hotel, I was planning out all of the possible Hotels I need to check out if Tram didn't keep the reservation. Why skeptic you may ask? VN is NOT anything like America where anything is possible. Expect the unexpected, one would say.

So, I finally arrived at Duc Vuong. I was greeted with a gentleman in a white shirt and black pants uniformed who walked (across the street- 10 steps away from the front door) and opened my car door as the taxi barely made a stop. What a welcoming gesture.

I came into the front desk with no receptionist in my view and asked one of the servicemen for Tram. Coming out from nowhere a voice yelled out my name and said that she was expecting me. To my surprised, she knew my name and introduced herself as Tram. What an unexpected welcome. That put a gigantic smile on my nervous face... :-)

Tram said she had a room for me but there are others if I didn't like it and that she will inform me once the other rooms are available. I'd requested a room with a window and it was exactly what I got. Sleeping in the room the first night was challenging as I was hearing noises from the guests. I complained to Tram about the noises the following day and she told me that they resolved the noise issue certain floors by adding additional noise preventive glass doors (I wasn’t aware of this). They actually listened to their guests' feedback. So I now know how to use the additional glass door to filter out the noise. The windows also have additional glass doors as well. Tram also recommended rooms that are less costly, with a window and less noisy but I ended up not switching rooms and stayed for the entire trip (20 days) at Duc Vuong.

BTW, customers servicing is top notch. I was sick for a few days and everyone catered to me. Tram and Dung (the 2nd shift receptionist) even call me each day to make sure I was ok and not passed out in the hotel room (they knew I was travelling alone).

Sorry, I wrote a book on this didn't I? LOL...A few more pointers about the hotels and VN, in general

Duc Vuong key points:
* Excellent and affordable prices
* 11th place out of 340 or so hotels (enough said? :-)
* 2 restaurants (indoor and rooftop) can't beat that!!!
* At the end of Bui Vien strip which means away from the party animals but close enough to the fun
* Excellent view from rooftop (had my breakfast their daily)
* Free breakfast. Excellent varieties for Vietnamese and non-VNmese dishes.
* Duc Vuong takes customer feedback seriously and act on them
* Safe and clean
* Top notch customer service
* The front desk receptionist (Tram & Dung) should be called ' Ambassadors to First Impression'. They are the gateway to Duc Vuong and they make sure customers are happy from the minute you enter the hotel, during your stay, to the time you leave. All the staff at Duc Vuong worked well together to provide excellent service but Tram and Dung make sure the coordination and collaboration are successfully executed.
* Want to be pampered? Stay at Duc Vuong

Recommendations:
* 95% of VNmese are poor and 5% or so are millionaires. An extra dollar goes a long way so if the hotel staff provides excellent customer service and you are happy, please let them know with your feedback and tips (my suggestion only)

Facts;
* They have BA degrees in Hotel & Travel. Criteria to be 'Ambassador to First Impression' is quite high with vigorous interviewing process. This was a surprise to me so I'm sharing :-)

First time to VN:
* Have the hotel pickup from Airport. Taxi drivers know that you are foreigners and if you are the visiting the first time, they may take you on a 'indirect' route to your destiny...if you know what I mean
* Taxis are the safest as the driving in VN is MAD. You'll see what I mean
* Walking is good but make sure you carry as little as possible and have a cross-the-shoulder bag. Not to scare you as I've been to VN 4 times and nothing bad happen but better safe than sorry
* Barter (some things may be jacked up 100 to 500%)
* Do not use cell phone or open your purse while walking in public streets. Stay far back from the sidewalk when doing these activities.
* These are not meant to scare you or discourage you from visiting VN. You should be aware when traveling to foreign places for the first time, regardless.

Soooo, final parting words...I would recommend Duc Vuong to anyone and would stay there at the next opportunity. Have a fun and safe travel.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 101, which was convenient, has a window and has an additional sound proof thick gla...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear valued guest,

We are so surprised when reading your great comment about our hotel. We also glad that we provided you a memorable experience for your first time of travelling alone to VietNam.

Hope to provide you a better and better service in the very near future.

Thank you so much and warm regards.

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful Saigon - Beautiful rooms, nice and spacious and amazing showers, excellent service great location yummy breakfasts. Perfect accommodation. Thanks! Also booked everything we needed and luggage storage :)

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Four of us stayed here for 2 nights at the start of our Vietnam trip and it was just perfect. Location was just right to walk to all the typical sights, and easy to catch a taxi to get further out. The room was spacious and comfortable for the price and the rooftop bar was great not just for the view but the cheap beer (12,000 VND a bottle!). The best part about the Duc Vuong was the amazing service we received from each member of the staff, and especially Eva at the front desk who always greeted us by name and and helped us get around town. The service in Vietnam was excellent in general, but this hotel seemed to exceed even those high standards. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Duc Vuong Hotel? Share your experiences!