“Valuable service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Luan Vu Hotel

You added Luan Vu Hotel to your Saves list
Luan Vu Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hostel   |   35/2 Bui Vien Street | District 1, Ho Chi Minh City 08, Vietnam   |
Bacolod, Philippines
“Valuable service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Ms. Tao was very warm and friendly. We may have met lots of mishaps during our vacation in Saigon (like being robbed by a taxi driver) yet the comforting staff provided solutions to the rest of our stay. Highly recommended for backpackers.

• Stayed September 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Indonesian first
melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Perfect place to stay cause it's locate at the centre of Sai Gon. Easy to buy stuff, enjoy local food...Friendly staff always give us useful information about the tour, restaurant, places should visit. I'll be back here again when i come back to Sai Gon.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife & I had a great stay at Luan Vu Hotel. Located at the center of the backpackers area. The two hotel desk officers were friendly, understands and speaks English fairly and will exert best effort to assist guests. Although the other hotel attendants doesn't speak English, they are always there to attend to our requests. Hotel facilities are always kept clean. The hotel serves simple breakfast of loaf bread, fried eggs, strawberry jam, butter, coffee or tea and banana.The wifi connection is fairly good. If I will have a chance to visit Saigon for another time, I will stay at Luan Vu Hotel. Highly recommended for budget-conscious travellers.

Room Tip: The hotel lobby & room are always kept clean. Aircon is good. No elevator, ideal for backpacke...
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed here for three nights as our last stop in vietnam, after experiencing some stand offish service from some people in vietnam the staff here were so welcoming and friendly.

There were renovations happening that we were only told about when we checked in but they said the noise would only be from 9am to 5pm which was pretty much accurate.

The staff were all friendly and were really nice asking my fiancé how I was doing when they found out that I was sick and offering to bring cups of tea upstairs and then also offering to move us as the building noise was above our room.

The rooms are well presented and the beds were comfortable, great shower pressure and good a/c.

Breakfast basic but good (fried eggs and toast) they even packed us some bread and bananas to take to our early morning flight as we left before breakfast.

Such a great hotel in the middle of HCMC we will be back one day!

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Perfect location, excellent room, amazing staff and nice breakfast. Just 1 minute from the main street but very quiet, you can also find a lot of travel agencies, restaurants and bars near by. I just love this place so much.Thank you very much Luan Vu. See you next time..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

It was a pleasant to stay at this hotel again. They just recover the room, it was very clean, so nice and looks like a 3 stars hotel. Breakfast was basic with egg, strawberry jam, banana, tea, coffee and juice but it's unlimited. The location is perfect, just right the center of backpackers area.The staff are amazing, friendly and always willing to help. My flight left late the night of the day I checked out and they even let me use their personal bathroom/shower after I had checked out of my room! Definitely reccomend it especially for traveling couples or family. We will be stay here again on our next trip to HCMC.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

prior to the visit, I emailed the hotel to inform about my booking via agoda at the hotel. Also, I inquired about the trip to cu chi tunnel then to airport by private car and asked him to arrange. On the day, we arrived at the hotel before 4pm, I quickly passed agoda booking voucher to the female receptionist and told her we were rushing to the War Remnant museum before it closed at 5pm. But the lady asked me to check in after we came back. I asked if she wanted to have to voucher first. she asked me to keep it. we went back to the hotel to check in around 8pm. Our luggage was still at the counter. As there was no lift, we requested a male staff to carry our luggage to our room. after settling at the room, I went back to the counter to ask for the password for free wifi. I told him politely that i booked a quad room for four of us, but there were only two cups, 3 towels and 2 drinking water bottles. Impatiently, he passed me a towel which looked like a floor mat and two cups. Then he was about to go back to his seat to play candy crunch. I opened my mouth.. he said "what else". I reminded him about drinking water. He said every room was given 2 bottles only. I told him I paid for 4 persons in a quad room, not a twin or triple room with additional bed or person. He said single, twin, triple or quad room , each was given 2 bottles only. He said this was fair to others. I questioned "fair??" pay for 1 person, get 2 bottles, pay for 4 persons also get 2 bottles, is it called fair? He said YES rudely, this was their hotel policy. Then I was angry. I demanded to see the manager and asked if he was. He denied and told me confidently that when manager was here, i could see him. later in night, i found the air cond was not cold, air rarely blew out despite some effort to alter the remote control. But i was reluctant to tell the staff who might probably refuse to help. I didnt bother try to ask. we stayed there for 2 days without properly working A/C. The breakfast was just 2 eggs with breads. Service was poor bcos there was no refill of coffee unless you asked and the only one lady could not cope with her work. During our breakfast, the male staff passed to me 2 drinking water bottles and asked me not to tell others that i got "extra". I agreed. A day before our departure, I asked the guy about the private car he arranged then only he responded to it. I feel like the service of this hotel is way lousier compared to Tanei Guesthouse in Siem Reap whose person in charge was very much polite, proactive, efficient, self-initiative to give me all info i need to know before I asked him one by one. Probably, I should not compare between them.

Room Tip: request for rooms on the first floor as there is no lift.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
luanvuhotel, Owner at Luan Vu Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Sir,

First I am so sorry if you are not happy to stay at my hotel. Just let me explain about your complaint.

1/ You come to my hotel around 15:30, you didn't check in because you rush to go to War Museum, not my staff don't let you check in. We ask you the voucher of Agoda because we want for sure you are the right person who booked the room. Even Agoda policy want the hotel ask the customer show the voucher before they check in and you know about that.

2/ Your luggages still at the lounge because I must wait you back hotel and carry it to your room with you. If I move your luggages in the room and when you come back and you said you lost something in bag, please let me know who will responsible?.

3/ My hotel have no lift and you know about that before you book, I kept the room at first floor for you as you ask.

4/ Every room have free 2 bottles and 2 cups are standard, if you want you can ask and my staff will give it to you and they did it. Please show me what hotel even 2, 3, 4 or 5 stars hotels in the world put 4 bottles of water and 4 cups in the room?

5/ You said A/C no cool, I met you 4 times and talk with you at lounge but you never let me know A/C have problem while you stay here for few nights. Your room 101 till now I have many guests stay there and A/C is ok. I also check the A/C in room 101 when you wrote and I found it still cool. I think it may be wrong function in remote control, if you let me know I will fix it for you easy.

6/ Breakfast have eggs, strawberry jam, butter, banana, tea, coffee and juice. Breads, jam, banana...always on the table and you can use it unlimited. If you want more eggs , coffee or juice you can tell me or my staff and we will serve it right away for you. If you don't tell me how I know you want more?

6/ I checked the camera when you and my receptionist was talking . I saw he bring the cups and give wifi password right away for you. When you go to the stairs to your room and he sat later. It is very short time and I can not hear what you talk with him but I guarantee if he is rude with you I will fire him right away.

That is all I want to explain. Thank you very much and one more time I am so sorry about that.

Best Regards,

Cam Thi

Been to Luan Vu Hotel? Share your experiences!