“Great value and location” 4 of 5 stars

Dong Do Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   35 Mac Thi Buoi St., Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #202 of 371 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Great value and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel, it was an excellent location for getting around District 1 and to the many sightseeing activities. Clean room with a safe and most importantly airconditioning.

Would definately recommedn this hotel. I had two stays during my time there, 4 nighst and then back for 6 nights. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cinci, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Dong Do and found the staff to be friendly, the rooms tidy and the location is great. Breakfast was included and each morning we ate on the top floor which has great views and cool morning breezes to enjoy.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2009

The Dong Do Hotel is not not fancy but it is perfect with all of the essentials. The rooms were plenty spacious, the staff gracious and the amenities nice. We had our laundry done at the hotel without a hitch, ate breakfast there each morning and were able to walk to just about everywhere we wanted to go. For a nice urban setting at a decent price, check out this hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

Have all Dong Do reviewers been staying at the same hotel? I stayed 3 nights with my 21 year old daughter and we both found the hotel comfortable and clean, with helpful staff. A car was organised to collect us at the airport, which it reliably did. We saw no motor bikes in the lobby, we had a great view, good matress and more than adequate bathroom. The breakfast was very good - we agree that the bread was excellent, as was the Vietnamese coffee. We paid $35 per night. We have both travelled extensively and this hotel is as good value for money as you will find almost anywhere. By the way, we paid the few extra dollars for a deluxe room.

• Liked — location and comfort
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
jeremythomas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2008

Unfortunately, I have to agree with the previous reviewer who gave the Dong Do a 'Dong Dont'.

I have actually stayed at the hotel a number of times over the last few years, and have usually had a reasonable stay - good location, reasonable price, though a bit old and tired now. However, the last two times I have booked I have been only to be told on arrival that the room is not available but they can put me up at their hotel across the road. Not only is this a pain after a long flight, needless to say, the hotel across the road is of a much lower standard. Actually, its crap. To compound it all, the same thing has happened to my brother and a friend, so I cant think it is really an accident.

There are new hotels springing up in this city all the time, but i had stayed at Dong Do (despite it being increasingly 'tired') out of some misguided loyalty. Unfortunately, I feel I have been given the run around one time too many, so no more Dong Do for me...

oh, and if you dont follow my advice and do want to stay - make sure you check the standard room as a lot of them are internal without a window...!

• Stayed June 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
The Hague, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

I stayed with my family last January in Dong Do Hotel .

They organized pick up from Airport on arrival as well as transfer on departure date.

Friendly staff in reception. Room was normal .

Location of the Hotel is excellent !!

But the best part is the bread from the breakfast . This was the best bread I had in Vietnam !!

• Liked — Location and the Bread from the Breakfast
  • Disliked — The toilet from the room could be better
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Montreal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2008

We had a DeLuxe room on the 5th floor in the front of the hotel, we paid US$37. We stayed 5 nights at this hotel.

It was at the end of a 23 days journey in Vietnam, therfore we are in a position to have a good opinion regarding this hotel.

Sorry for those who select the less expensive room and expect to have the service of a Royal Suite.

Employees were of good advice and caring. We have traveled a lot around the world (at our age 66 and 70) we have seen a lot of hotels.

We wouid recommand this hotel to our best friends.

Dan&Ray,
Montreal, Canada

Stayed April 2008

Been to Dong Do Hotel? Share your experiences!