“My stay at Somerset Chancellor Court” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Somerset Chancellor Court

Save Saved
You added Somerset Chancellor Court to your Saves list
Somerset Chancellor Court
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   21 - 23 Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City 70000, Vietnam   |
Ranked #70 of 358 hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Newport Beach, California
“My stay at Somerset Chancellor Court”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I never write reviews but in this case I feel I must share my experience with everyone who is interested in traveling to Ho Chi Minh. As were all aware traveling can be somewhat difficult with feelings of doubt and feeling homesick at times. I have stayed at Somerset on other occasions while traveling abroad. Since my very first stay there I was made to feel at home, the staff made me feel so welcome, always a smile and always willing to do anything to make my stay more pleasent, when I say this I mean all the staff, just terrific. The rooms are spacious and well equipped, always clean and if there's anything I needed the staff was there to fulfill my needs. Great location. Highly recommended. Thanks from R.McM

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I was skeptical at first due to the good deal me and my wife got for 5 nights starting 31st March 2013 and was expecting a room in a attic.

I was more than happy to book into the Intercontinental and book a club room (Enjoy the happy hour in Bar) as this was a treat for the wife as we have been living in China for 7 months.

My wifes not keen on Hotels as they are basically same, same and being a Vegitarian its hard to get meals to suit both of us.

Anyway we searched the Webb and found the Summerset Chancellor Court Apartments and decided to give it a go.
Best decision we have made in ages.

The furniture looks like something out of 70s but that was more than compensated by the cleanliness, the equipment, the Facilities on site (Swimming Pool, Shop on site, Gym etc)

The staff where more than friendly and helpful with all our needs and the tour desk in reception was again great help in organizing our bike tour of Cu Chi Tunnels.

I hardly recommend anywhere, but would the Summerset Apartments

Room Tip: We where on 6th floor in a 2 bedroomed Executive apartment which more than adaquate for me and wife
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights with our 2 kids (2 & 9).and thought it was great. We arrived and they knew who we were, the apartment was huge, gym facilities great and the pool even better. Only saw 1 other person swimming whilst we were there. Had 2 minor problems in the room that were fixed immediately - the safe needed a new battery and the washing machine was faulty and replaced within hours.The security out front organised cabs and told the drivers where we wanted to go but we walked quite often to the local sites. Great pho place next door and a pizza place & kfc across the rode for fussy kid eaters. Would highly recommend and definately stay at again. Also there is a well stocked minimart on the ground floor and a coffee shop.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My family and I were long-staying guests for 6 months in a two bedroom one bathroom apartment and only moved out in Dec 2012.

For visitors to Saigon, these serviced apartments are great. They are very spacious with well equipped kitchen facilities. However if you have a family like mine with 3 daughters, remember to ask reception for a 2-bedroom apartment with two bathrooms - otherwise it can be a challenge during the morning toilet rush.

Breakfasts down in the Highland Coffee house are uninspired and after awhile the best thing is whipping up your own breakfasts. The mini supermarket which sells groceries including some fresh veggies and frozen meats is very convenient and is reasonably priced.

Otherwise there are some nice places to eat which include the roadside pho place next door at only US$1 per bowl. It's safe and I haven't fallen ill once over the 6 months that I have eaten there. For the less adventurous there's KFC and Pho 24 nearby. Directly across the hotel a newly opened traditional "broken rice" restaurant serves tasty grilled pork rice combination and Vietnamese spring rolls.

Depending on which direction your room faces (if it faces the main road Nguyen Thi Minh Khai Street) it can be very noisy from the early morning traffic which begins around 5 am. The only frustration with the property is waiting for the elevators during the morning rush hour as many long-staying families rush off to work or send off their kids to school.There are only 2 elevators serving the entire building and waiting times of 10 to 15 mins are not unheard off!

Finally the staff are great and very helpful especially in arranging house-call massages (you can request for a male or female masseuse) from a nearby spa which is reasonably priced at under USD20 for a 60min body massage including tip after a long day of shopping and touring

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
kl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We visited Saigon from 17-21 February 2013, we had a great stay a Somerset Chancellor Court. The location was perfect as it was close to all the places of interest. Will recommend to others who visit Saigon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Myself, wife and 2 teenage daughters stayed in a 2 bedroom appartment for 5 days over New Year 2012. The location was excellent with most attractions being a short taxi ride from the hotel.
The hotel suite was spacious with the most comfortable beds we had in our entire holiday of 16 days in Vietnam. With 2 teenage daughters we appreciated the 2 bathrooms, full kitchen and spacious Lounge area. Furniture was modern with decor being pleasant. We also appreciated the convenience store on the Ground floor to by provisions including French wine at reasonable prices. The breakfast at the attached coffee shop was just OK and more variety would have been appreciated but the staff were friendly and hepful and we discovered a local restaurant a few doors to the Left as you exit the Hotel that serve a delicious Pho in the mornings.
The pool area behind the hotel was great to sunbathe and the girls used the Gym which they also enjoyed. WiFi reception was consistantly good.
We would definately stay here again when we visit Ho Chi Minh City.

Room Tip: Whilst we were on the 4th Floor and there was a bit of road noise it wasn't a problem for us. If...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

1st time in HCMC. Relieved to find a peaceful place to rest. Close to many food outlets across the road. 10-15 minutes walk to shopping malls & Opera House area. Breakfast at Highland Coffee was of limited choice. Very helpful staffs who provided directions & made tour bookings etc.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the road may be noisy as motorists like to honk while driving.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Somerset Chancellor Court? Share your experiences!