“Stay wasn't enjoyable.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Lele Hotel

You added Lele Hotel to your Saves list
Lele Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   171 Pham Ngu Lao St, - Dist.1, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #238 of 370 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Melaka, Malaysia
“Stay wasn't enjoyable.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The staff was not friendly and not helpful. Mainly is to get you a room and that's it.

The actual room compared to the "professional photos" is not accurate. It is older in the actual room.

Not recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for 4days. ALL staffs were amazing - friendly and helpful. I was a little reluctant on handing my passport at the "secure cabinet" at the reception. However the receptionist took good care of all the passports for the hotel stayers. The shower was fine (although I didn't know how to work the shower at first), air conditioning works fine, the towels, soap, shampoo, electornic appliances, wifi etc were all good. The bed, toilet etc were clean too. I have nothing to complain about this hotel. However, 1 device that didn't work was the fridge - but I never used it since the convenience store was just around the corner.

I would definitely recommend this hotel!!
Thanks for the wonderful time!!
- room 803
このホテルに4日間お世話になりました。ホテルスタッフはとても優しくて、色々と教えて頂きました。パスポートも受付に預けても問題ございません。シャワー、トイレ、エアコン、WiFi等も全く問題なく使用できました。歯ブラシ、シャンプー、せっけん、ボディーソープ、全て揃ってます。部屋も綺麗です。ただし、冷蔵庫は壊れてましたがコンビニが側にあるので全然問題ございませんでした。

オススメのホテルです!
803号室

• Stayed February 2014
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Arrived in HCMC late and we couldn't find an available room anywhere and ended up here. Paid $35/night for a dirty room, mouldy, cold shower and view to nowhere. Breakfast was so unappealing that we left to find food somewhere else.

We found a new hotel the next day, but found that due to a 'broken' EFTPOS machine, they ran my card through TWICE. My account was charged twice so I was forced to return the next day. Staff member was rude and sent us away until the next day until she could talk to her boss. We returned the next day for our money back (INCONVENIENT time waster - only in HCMC for a few days). Same staff member told us we couldn't have our money back yet (we were leaving for Cambodia at 9am the next day!) and so we were forced to stay and argue for another 15 minutes until they grudgingly gave our money back. When we did get it back they staff member was rude beyond belief.

Under no circumstances would I recommend anyone stay here, especially since there are so many other, nicer hotels.

STAY AWAY --- BEWARE!!!

• Stayed February 2014

Travelers are raving about these Ho Chi Minh City hotels

Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

We landed around midnight in Ho Chi Minh and upon arrival at the hotel, they told us a guest had injured himself and they had no rooms so they diverted us to a different hotel. It was late, we didn't speak the local language and had come off 24 hrs of travel. It turns out this is a common BAIT and SWITCH technique used in both Ho Chi Minh and Saigon where they overbook rooms and make up an excuse to drive guests to other partner hotels. Do NOT believe the hotel and insist on a refund and call Expedia. We were jetlagged and due to the language barrier believed them and got diverted to Sen Hotel across the boulevard. The rooms were dark and the bathrooms were unsightly. When we returned and contacted Expedia, all I can say is they did not handle the matter to my satisfaction. For the rest of the trip, I used Agoda and Booking. I do not plan to use Expedia again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I will start with the cons and then the pros.
WARNING: Watch out, the tours they sell aren't from the company they say they belong to (see below)
After staying two nights we went to the Mekong delta for 1 night, requesting one more night directly to the lady in the front desk. When we came back they had overbooked the hotel and sent us to another hotel which didn't include breakfast which we had to pay.
We also booked with the hotel a tour to the Cuchi Tunnels. After waiting 40 minutes after the pickup time, we asked what happened to the lady in the front desk and she told us that they had forgotten us. The problem is that they wouldn't take responsibility and the only solution was returning my money or make me pay 40 dollars to hire a private car. After discussing the possibilities they wouldn't hire the car as a compensation. We would have taken our money back or booked for another day but we had also bought with the hotel two flight tickets for that same day so we couldn't take the tour at the evening or another day. When I asked for the money back for the tickets so I could change the tour date they refused again. The worse is that they use the brochure of Vinaday company but in fact they put the passengers in a cheap company. So they use the name of a good company to sell you overpriced tickets. When I told Vinaday company they went and complained to the hotel lady, but still refused to compensate. We ended up paying 50 dollars in stead of 14 for two people to do the tour.
In the other hand the hotel is nice, breakfast ok and the location excellent.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ipoh, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I'm a group of visitor to this hotel on December 2013. I had no complaint from them on any problems only the low pressure shower at the 10th floor. There are variety of food for breakfast but it is non-halal cuisine so we just take bread and boiled eggs.
Location is good. Near to many tour agent for daily trip and those who like to eat and drinks, there are a few place just around the alley. 24h shop is nearby and SUBWAY is only downstairs.
Ben Than Market was a distance walking and we can have Halal food there.
Staff are good, able to pack us breakfast for our early check-out.
Will be taking a group again here in a few month time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was by far the worst hotel we stayed in in our 4 weeks in Vietnam.

On arrival, they had the wrong room, then moved us into another room, still wrong. We booked for twin beds, and got a double with a fold out. The fold out was unusable. Their own website states bottled water, was none. The breakfast was completely cold, covered in fruit flies, not working toaster and the staff ignore you.

The staff in reception are not helpful when we arrived, but they were more friendly the following morning. The price is high for what you get. They also made no offer to refund us or compensate for the wrong room or move us the second night.

Please see my reviews, i have provided a positive review for another nearby hotel.

Room Tip: Please go to another hotel if you have a choice.