“Best Dining Experience in Saigon” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 1,573 Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Best Dining Experience in Saigon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Visited this cosy restaurant a couple of times on my recent trip to Saigon. Once for dinner which we loved, and so we were back for a lunch before we flew off.

Service was friendly and attentive, and the quality of the food was far better than pricier restaurants that we dined at on our trip. I'd highly recommend the Saganaki for starters. The melted cheese topped with fresh tomatoes and pesto sauce was divine! And we were treated to a little 'show' when the chef came out to flambé the dish. Beef cheeks, sea bass and salmon were all excellent. My only regret was we didn't have enough space in our stomach to try more of their desserts! Panna cotta and bread pudding were all great.

Great value-for-money, couldn't recommend this place more!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Korean first
Phuket,Thailand
“Atmospheric place....literally!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

With its Mediterranean cuisine and ceramic decor Saffron has all the makings of a fun, laid back restaurant. The service was quick and professional and the menu had a nice variety. All around our table thought that their dishes were tasty and properly cooked. However, Saffron is a great example of a restaurant trying to be too gimmicky, when they don't need to be! They have a a signature flambe dish involving some sort of cheese, which they bring to the tables smokey hot and then ignite with some liquor. This really turns heads as it is noisy and dramatic, but it also has a bad effect on everyone's eyes. Basically there is no air extraction in this restaurant so the place fills up with smoke and it gets very uncomfortable for diners if lats of flambes are ordered.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tony-Sanders-Fox, Owner at Saffron, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
The flaming cheese saganaki is very traditional not gimmicky.

Just google it and you will see!!
Sydney, Australia
“Fanstastic food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

The beef medalion melts in your mouth. So tender, juicy and mouth watering. My partner had the lamb shank with cocous, and it was aromatic and just as mouth watering.

Visited March 2014
“Amazing!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Wow! Now I love my restaurant food but this was the best food I have eaten in a very long time!! I have just booked there to go there again for my birthday in 2 days time. Entree I had ravioli with chorizo sauce (special) and main I had moussaka.... yummy! Prosecco was flowing as was limoncello.... great, quick service and staff are very lovely and friendly

Wellington, New Zealand
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Saffron is a quite retreat fom the hussell and bussell of Hi Chi Minh.
A well presented and very clean restaurant with equally pleasent staff,
I would describe the food as Italian / mederitian.
There is a good selection of dishs from the menu.
the restaurant offers a three course fixed price lunch. this includes a choice of soups, entrees and several mains. An excellent option in my opinion.

the price is reasonable given the quaility of the food and surroundings.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere