“good value, great service, nice terrace” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Windsor Plaza Hotel

You added Windsor Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Windsor Plaza Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   18 An Duong Vuong St, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #64 of 385 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Conegliano, Italy
“good value, great service, nice terrace”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

great value and great service, staff is always available to help you, I had a problem with my flight ticket and Miss Binh was very helpful and kind. the restaurant at the 25th floor has a great view at night but food is just ok and very expensive. No free internet in rooms. I asked to modify my check out day one day before but they denied the one day refund, in return they upgrade my room.
Overall a good choice

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
werespond, Guest Relations Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Like all reviews of our guests we look at each one, evaluate the comments that they have made ,to ever increase our standard of guest satisfaction. We are very proud of our staff who are always there to assist and for you they certinally did.We again thank you for sending us your valuable feedback and we look for to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and I spent 13 nights at this hotel. This is the 5-star hotel nearest to Ho Chi Minh University Hospital that's why we chose this. This hotel is very convenient for those who need to undergo a short course training in the University Hospital. We had a wonderful stay here mainly because of the friendly and helpful staff. We were very comfortable because we stayed in an executive room with all the amenities that goes with it. We had free internet, free 4 pcs laundry everyday, snacks in the executive room, good breakfast buffet and many more. We will definitely stay in this hotel again if ever we will go back to Ho Chi Minh. Our parents who also stayed here for 3 nights had a wonderful time. They will also stay here again if given the opportunity to go to Ho Chi Minh again. Thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: Choose the executive room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
werespond, Guest Relations Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Your review of your long stay with us was very pleasing to read, and our staff again were there for you to ensure your stay was comfortable. Your choice of an Excutive Room was indeed a good choice for your stay and you enjoyed the extra benifits that are provided. It was also good to hear that your parents also had a wonderful stay with you. Thank you again for your review and we certinally look forward to your return visit.
Recife, PE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We recently spent two nights at this hotel. We chose it as we were able to get a 5 star hotel for about a 3.5 star price. The room was big and comfortable and very clean. Some of the best beds I have slept on with comfortable pillows.

The biggest downside is that it is in District 5 which is far from any restaurants or other form of nightlife. There is an hourly shuttly, however, if you choose to do that, and plenty of taxis to take you around. I would have liked to have been a little closer to where there was an option of restaurants and a little closer to the big night market.

Service was good and breakfast was tasty, although the restaurant is very crowded. Not a particularly relaxing experience. We ordered twice from the restaurant for room service, however, and the prices were reasonable and the food excellent.

The only other downside is the very expensive internet (about $17/day). This was the only hotel in VN that charged us for internet during our 11 day stay.

Overall a good hotel though and it depends on what your interests are. If you are content being away from the action in the evening, then it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
werespond, Guest Relations Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Your review of your stay, like all that we receive, are indeed most helpful to us. In respect to WIFI this feature has now been introduced to all public areas of the Hotel, i am sorry it was not available during your stay with us,The shuttle as you mentioned is a great benifit for our guests and does drop you to and picks you up at major spots in the CBD which gives guests access not only to restaurants that are part of our Company, but easy access to others that guests may like to try.Thank you again for your most valuable review and we look forward to your return.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

1. While checking into the hotel, the receptionist told me that there was no free WIFI for deluxe room occupant. I was shocked because when I was reserving the room, it showed clearly in Hotels-in-Vietnam.com that my deluxe room had free WIFI. The receptionist refused to honour the service and wanted to charge me US$17 per day; I called for the manager. He asked me to prove to him that the website did mentioned the above and I did. The manager in the end provided me with the free WIFI during my stay. Lesson learned: Print out whatever were promised to you at the website while you were booking the room.

2. The hotel is still under renovation (I think it is on the 11th and 12th floor when I was there). The knockings were supposed to start at 9am but it started at 8.30am daily. I was told all the floors would be renovated eventually but I do not know the reno works started from the top or bottom of the building.

3. Staff friendly and service good.

4. Not many nice restaurants in District 5. More in District 1.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I visit the hotel with some friends for the buffet at 4th floor, I was immediately impressed as there is so much food of any stile, I have try asian and western food and all was superb, the presentation of the station have a good flow easy to understand where to find what, overall I have found excellent value for good food and a lot of variety, there is also hot pot facilities for who like to try it, with crab, a lot of seafood and any goodness. All the staff is helpful and friendly, at my arrival Serena, a staff belong to the front desk, welcomed and shown me the restaurant and I was impressed with her friendly yet professional way to handle it. There is a western chef walking around to ensure the quality and then I can understand how they can keep up the standards

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for so kindly sharing your impressions of Dinning at Windsor Plaza Hotel. Our buffet, as you discovered, is indeed the largest in the city with a food selection designed for all tastes. Our Executive Chef and his very experienced team insure only the best for all our guests. Thank you again for your review.
Reno, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Our introduction to Vietnamese hospitality was a delightful stay at the Windsor Plaza Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City. All of the staff were most welcoming, attending to our travel exhausted needs! The room was meticulously neat with a great view of the city. The breakfast buffet was a wonderful meal with such a variety of food. The rooftop lounge offered a quiet respite in the evening. I would highly recommend this hotel to any travelers who are looking for first class service in the heart of the city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
werespond, Guest Relations Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Your stay with us has again highlighted our "Home Away From Home" feeling that we offer to all our guests. Our staff are there to help in every possible way with true Vietnamese Hospitality. Our breakfast buffet is the largest in Saigon, and as you discovered caters to all tastes. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts on your stay with us and we look forward to your return.
Canberra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

After a stressful and overpriced cab ride from the airport, we were surprised and comforted when we were greeted at the hotel and taken to the reception. The staff were really friendly and so helpful with maps, welcome drink and a list of things to do around the hotel and district. We recommend the executive room and it was well appointed, three breakfast options and gave us acess to the happy hour exeutive canapes every afternoon. Breakfast was great and had so much options! It is a great locaion because you can travel to disctict one and use the free hourly shuttle service you get to know the real Saigon.

Room Tip: Executive all the way
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
werespond, Guest Relations Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
It seems that your welcome to Windsor Plaza Hotel put you in a relaxed state of mind. Our staff, as you discovered, are there the assist in every possible way to ensure your stay is pleasurable with all the right information. You also chose an Excutive room and enjoyed the extra benifits. Our hourly complementry shuttle to the CBD is a big plus for all our guests. We look forward to your return.

Been to Windsor Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!