“Good hotel with good value in Ho Chi Minh City” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Windsor Plaza Hotel

Save Saved
You added Windsor Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Windsor Plaza Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   18 An Duong Vuong St, District 5, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #43 of 362 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
Bangkok, Thailand
“Good hotel with good value in Ho Chi Minh City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We recently spent two nights at this hotel. We chose it as we were able to get a 5 star hotel for about a 3.5 star price. The room was big and comfortable and very clean. Some of the best beds I have slept on with comfortable pillows.

The biggest downside is that it is in District 5 which is far from any restaurants or other form of nightlife. There is an hourly shuttly, however, if you choose to do that, and plenty of taxis to take you around. I would have liked to have been a little closer to where there was an option of restaurants and a little closer to the big night market.

Service was good and breakfast was tasty, although the restaurant is very crowded. Not a particularly relaxing experience. We ordered twice from the restaurant for room service, however, and the prices were reasonable and the food excellent.

The only other downside is the very expensive internet (about $17/day). This was the only hotel in VN that charged us for internet during our 11 day stay.

Overall a good hotel though and it depends on what your interests are. If you are content being away from the action in the evening, then it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
werespond, Guest Relations Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Your review of your stay, like all that we receive, are indeed most helpful to us. In respect to WIFI this feature has now been introduced to all public areas of the Hotel, i am sorry it was not available during your stay with us,The shuttle as you mentioned is a great benifit for our guests and does drop you to and picks you up at major spots in the CBD which gives guests access not only to restaurants that are part of our Company, but easy access to others that guests may like to try.Thank you again for your most valuable review and we look forward to your return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

1. While checking into the hotel, the receptionist told me that there was no free WIFI for deluxe room occupant. I was shocked because when I was reserving the room, it showed clearly in Hotels-in-Vietnam.com that my deluxe room had free WIFI. The receptionist refused to honour the service and wanted to charge me US$17 per day; I called for the manager. He asked me to prove to him that the website did mentioned the above and I did. The manager in the end provided me with the free WIFI during my stay. Lesson learned: Print out whatever were promised to you at the website while you were booking the room.

2. The hotel is still under renovation (I think it is on the 11th and 12th floor when I was there). The knockings were supposed to start at 9am but it started at 8.30am daily. I was told all the floors would be renovated eventually but I do not know the reno works started from the top or bottom of the building.

3. Staff friendly and service good.

4. Not many nice restaurants in District 5. More in District 1.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I visit the hotel with some friends for the buffet at 4th floor, I was immediately impressed as there is so much food of any stile, I have try asian and western food and all was superb, the presentation of the station have a good flow easy to understand where to find what, overall I have found excellent value for good food and a lot of variety, there is also hot pot facilities for who like to try it, with crab, a lot of seafood and any goodness. All the staff is helpful and friendly, at my arrival Serena, a staff belong to the front desk, welcomed and shown me the restaurant and I was impressed with her friendly yet professional way to handle it. There is a western chef walking around to ensure the quality and then I can understand how they can keep up the standards

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for so kindly sharing your impressions of Dinning at Windsor Plaza Hotel. Our buffet, as you discovered, is indeed the largest in the city with a food selection designed for all tastes. Our Executive Chef and his very experienced team insure only the best for all our guests. Thank you again for your review.
Reno, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Our introduction to Vietnamese hospitality was a delightful stay at the Windsor Plaza Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City. All of the staff were most welcoming, attending to our travel exhausted needs! The room was meticulously neat with a great view of the city. The breakfast buffet was a wonderful meal with such a variety of food. The rooftop lounge offered a quiet respite in the evening. I would highly recommend this hotel to any travelers who are looking for first class service in the heart of the city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
werespond, Guest Relations Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Your stay with us has again highlighted our "Home Away From Home" feeling that we offer to all our guests. Our staff are there to help in every possible way with true Vietnamese Hospitality. Our breakfast buffet is the largest in Saigon, and as you discovered caters to all tastes. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts on your stay with us and we look forward to your return.
Canberra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

After a stressful and overpriced cab ride from the airport, we were surprised and comforted when we were greeted at the hotel and taken to the reception. The staff were really friendly and so helpful with maps, welcome drink and a list of things to do around the hotel and district. We recommend the executive room and it was well appointed, three breakfast options and gave us acess to the happy hour exeutive canapes every afternoon. Breakfast was great and had so much options! It is a great locaion because you can travel to disctict one and use the free hourly shuttle service you get to know the real Saigon.

Room Tip: Executive all the way
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
werespond, Guest Relations Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
It seems that your welcome to Windsor Plaza Hotel put you in a relaxed state of mind. Our staff, as you discovered, are there the assist in every possible way to ensure your stay is pleasurable with all the right information. You also chose an Excutive room and enjoyed the extra benifits. Our hourly complementry shuttle to the CBD is a big plus for all our guests. We look forward to your return.
Darwin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

We got off the plane from Darwin and after dealing with the craziest traffic I have ever seen we pulled up in the driveway of the Windsor Plaza and we were impressed from the first instant. The porters were all over their job and the beautiful door greeters welcoming us into the marble and gold lobby just topped off the experience. Checking in was simple and we enjoyed a welcome drink in the well appointed bar / resturaunt. Any fears we had about bringing our 2 year old daughter to Vietnam were quickly put to rest as the staff fussed over her like she was their own. Our room was great, well apointed and we had a great view over Saigon. The minor let down was the internet not being complimentary, but the resturaulnt over the road had free wi-fi so I worked around it. The shuttle bus was good, but we missed it once while I was getting money out of their ATM despite the porter telling the driver I was just inside the door. This changed our plans for the evening and resulted in one of their selected resturaunts missing out on our money. Try the Buffet if you get the chance, for $25 a head it was the most diverse and well presented buffet I have ever seen with more seafood than I could eat (and I tried). After a day touring around the busy streets of Saigon it was always great to come back to the Windsor Plaza

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
werespond, Guest Relations Manager at Windsor Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
We are delighted that you chose Windsor Plaza Hotel for your families first time visit to Vietnam. You, as all of our guests, discovered Vietnamese Hospitality and courtsey. Our buffet that you enjoyed it the largest and most diverse in Saigon and we believe caters to all tastes especially yours "seafood" We do hope we will have the chance to welcome you and your family back for a second and we will ensure that you will not miss our shuttle.
Phan Thiet, Vietnam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

After reading a previous review of the Windsor Plaza, I thought maybe the quality of this excellent property had gone downhill. So, I decided to stay at the hotel on my next bi-monthly visit to Saigon to see if the food and service is still as good as it had been in the past.

Like the previous reviewer, I stayed in an executive king on the 20th floor and went to Ngan Dinh restaurant for lunch. The room is quite comfortable and well appointed. The chef at Ngan Dinh is one of the few iron chefs in the world and the quality of his food attests to his status. It is fine dining at it's best. My sister and brother-in-law had just arrived from San Francisco, so the three of us decided to try different specialties of the house. None of us were disappointed.

We also had breakfast one day in the restaurant on the fourth floor and the second day in the restaurant on the top floor reserved for executive floor guests. The buffet choices on the fourth floor are much greater with a huge selection of both western and Asian dishes, but the ala carte menu of breakfast items that are made to order on the top floor is also substantial. The eggs Benedict was very well done, although the Hollandaise sauce was a little on the light side.

We then went to dinner at the Windsor's Amigo Restaurant in District 1. The steaks were marvelous and perfectly prepared. I've lived in Vietnam for 13 years and at every other restaurant in the country, I always ask for rare if I want medium rare, usually ending up with medium. But at Amigo, if you ask for rare, the steak is rare. This is also the only restaurant in the country that offers customers a choice of beef from Argentina, America, and Australia, as well as Wagyu from Japan.

In my opinion, both Ngan Dinh restaurant and Amigo are the finest Chinese and steak restaurants in the country.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Your review of your, again return stay with us, was a delight to read, and we are so pleased that you, along with your visiting family from the US, also enjoyed there stay with us. As you all stayed on the Executive floor, and enjoyed the extra benifits that go with it, our service standands are of the highest quality. The Hollandaise source comment will be passed to our Executive Chef

We belive our in house Ngan Dinh Restaurant is indeed the best in Saigon and in District 1 Amigos has no equal, THE best Steak House.

Thank your again for your review and look forward to your next bi-monthly stay with us.

Been to Windsor Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!