“Nice place to stay in” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramana Hotel Saigon

You added Ramana Hotel Saigon to your Saves list
Ramana Hotel Saigon
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   323 Le Van Sy St., District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam   |
Ranked #124 of 371 Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
“Nice place to stay in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

Nice four star hotel located on the very busy and noisy Le Van Sy street.
Twenty minutes by car from Tan Son Nhat airport, same distance from downtown.
Friendly staff, cozy rooms.
Only those on the last floor have got veranda.

Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

Stayed 3 nights while on tour in Ho Chi Minh. We had elderly folks and a kid.

Hotel is quiet and comfortable. Staff speak good english, although not too friendly. Breakfast is good with both western (eggs, pastries, waffles etc) and eastern (noodles, porridge etc) spread. Security feels good in this hotel and it looks like a lot of Japanese and western tourists stay in this hotel. Free internet access. Mineral water (x2 bottles) and coffee/tea making facilities / ready to drink sachets are provided daily.

There are lots of shops around this area, esp tailors but they do not seem to speak good english. Location is a problem if you want to be in District 1 (it's in District 3). It's only ideal for visitors who want to be near the airport.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2008

The hotel is fine, room and breakfast were good. The facade was under wraps so I couldn't see it. The location is lousy: on a very busy intersection far from the city centre and inconvenient if you want to be near downtown: it can easily take a half hour with average traffic. I had a local businessman visiting me and when he got to reception shortly after my check-in at 7:30 pm they told him that he had to be out of my room by 8:00 pm! I find this totally unacceptable. So don't book this hotel if you want to be near city centre or if you plan to have anybody visit you in your room, regardless of gender or appearance!

• Liked — good room and breakfast
  • Disliked — location and prohibition of visitors
  • Stayed November 2008
Hayward, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

I stayed at this hotel when it was still the Amara, so my impression could be outdated since it's been at least 2 years since my stay. I had booked on asia-hotels.com and received a decent rate. As others have mentioned, the front and entrance to the hotel looks awful, and I remember my Uncle was traveling there at the same time and took me and my husband to the hotel and he was totally freaking out and wanted to get us rooms where they were staying at the New World. Now, I had already booked, and we haven't even seen the rooms yet so I didn't want to jump to any conclusions, and I'm still glad to this day that we didn't leave. Our room was fine! Nice city view of the crazy un-ending stream of pedestrians and mopeds. Huge King bed and super comfortable, with clean linens and pillows. Large room layout, nice-sized TV, with a large comfortable American style bathroom. I was just coming from Japan so this was a big relief. Breakfast was included with our room rate, and the choices were unbelievable. I really enjoyed my meals here, and for whatever reason they made excellent steak sandwiches via room service. I think my husband had at least three of them during our stay! The only sketchy thing we noticed was one time, at breakfast, a Japanese businessman was hanging around with much younger Vietnamese women, and I am only assuming it was for unsavory reasons. Other than that, my husband and I weren't harassed or anything. They pretty much left us alone except for when we needed something. The gym is small, and pretty useless but not bad if you wanted to just do a little cardio. The rooftop pool was nice, small but well maintained. I would probably not stay here again, but if you've booked I would give this place a chance. When we visited the New World Hotel to see my Uncle and Aunt, we weren't impressed and were glad we stayed at the Amara. The only thing we liked at the New World were the tennis courts.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — The front entrance/walkway
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Ramana Hotel Saigon? Share your experiences!