“Best service ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Saigon on Bikes

Saigon on Bikes
114 Nguyen Che Nghia Street, Ward 12, District 8, Ho Chi Minh City 0084, Vietnam
+84 166 689 5989
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Here at Saigon On Bikes, we offer you the opportunity to enjoy Saigon at the most-like feeling of a local. Come with us and let us - Saigon locals - take you for a ride on our motorbikes, have you experience the people's daily life and taste the most delicious local street foods. We are fluent in English and our ambition is to give you the best of Saigon.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Best service ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

To tell the truth, I didn’t like Saigon at first. I got ripped off by the taxi driver from the airport to my hotel. He charged me $30 while the receptionist told me it should take just $10. It took me 20 minutes to cross the streets here under the crazy heat. And my camera was stolen 5 minutes after I left the hotel for a walk-to-explore-around. OMG, I didn’t have the mood for anything else here and I was feeling annoyed at Saigon. Those were enough experiences for the first day here.
I took one tour here with the thinking that this would make my day faster and easier. Thanh - the driver came and collected me at the hotel. His bike looked a bit weird to me but it was fun getting on and off. The first impression was good as he was friendly and asked me to put my bag into the box behind the bike for safety. We began the tour with me not wanting to speak but he just kept telling about the city all the time like the first Starbucks, the tallest building, Banthanh market, no McDonalds here until next year and bla bla bla. Then he made me speak by asking me questions and we started to joke around on the way. We also stopped for local drinks and meal, which were very delicious.
I told him about my first day in Saigon. He was not happy to hear but we just continued the tour anyway. The tour finished with me feeling different (in a better way) about Saigon and Vietnamese people. But what made me really moved and warm was that Thanh suggested taking me to the police station with the hope they could get my camera back. I couldn’t refuse his kindness. We were there for another 45 minutes and he did all the translations, interpretation and paper work between me and the police. And they said they’d contact me if they found it.
I didn’t have it back anyway, Thanh (and I was pretty sure about this the time I lost it). But HOW KIND were you and thank you so much for trying to help me, Thanh! There is no word that can express my appreciation to you. You had changed my mind completely. Now I love Saigon and I want to come back someday.
I definitely, highly recommend Saigon on Bikes to everyone. The riding on the bike is fun. Food and drinks are also good. Guides are nice and communicate well. Finest service ever!!!

• Korean first
Dalian, China
“Highly recommend Saigon on Bikes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I did a city tour with Saigon on Bikes and really loved it. My driver was punctual, friendly and communicated well. The tour began with a tasty Vietnamese lunch with some grapping noodles and grilled meat. I can’t remember the name but really enjoyed that one. Then, he drove me to everywhere in the city. I was able to see a lot in just 3 hours: Notre Dame, Post Office, Reunification Palace, narrow alley ways, busy markets in China Town, and the differences between the richest and poorest districts… Besides, he let me try some local drinks like sugar cane juice, Vietnamese coffee and avocado, which was my favorite. I very much like the concept of the tour and highly recommend this to everyone.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Awesome food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This tour was so fun, and we were so glad we decided to do it. Thanh, Huong, and Jay were excellent guides. They spoke really good English so communication was never a problem. And the foods they brought us to on their motorbikes were such a treat! Not your run-of-the-mill Vietnamese fare. This tour was a memorable highlight of our trip. We really enjoyed it.

Shreveport, Louisiana
“Best thing I've done in Saigon!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have been to Vietnam several times before, but have never actually taken the chance to tour Saigon. Therefore, I wanted to do something different on my last day in the city. I decided to take to an on-bike tour, which I never thought I would do due to the crazy traffic. It was the best idea I’ve had during the entire trip and couldn’t believe I didn’t come up with it sooner. Thanh was my driver that day. He picked me up at my hotel and drove me around the city. I was a bit nervous at first but I really began to enjoy the bike ride. We stopped at different vendors on the way and tasted the local foods. It was all delicious. He took me to all the best places. Since I do not speak much of Vietnamese, Thanh had ordered my food for me. He was very considerate and made sure to tell me about the cuisines. The tour was perfect and Thanh was knowledgeable and friendly (unlike those who would give you attitude unless they received tips). I would highly recommend Saigon On Bikes to everyone. Thank you, Thanh! I would definitely do another tour with you if I ever have the chance to come back to Saigon.

Visited July 2013
Penang Island, Malaysia
“Possibly the best way to experience Saigon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

It's amazing what you can experience in just 3 hours on a motorcycle 'round Ho Chi Minh City!

What makes the tour so unique is the fact that the guide doesn't just take you to the usual tourist spots. I was expecting to see the sights one might have read about in every travel guide. But the experience was a lot more than that! I got to briefly explore the many sections of the city, beyond the 'touristy' parts. On top of all that, getting to savour some local snacks is also included on the tour. The guide was experienced, communicates well, has a very pleasant personality, and is certainly not afraid to engage in an interesting conversation!

Tip: make sure your guide gets you the 'rice paper with beef bits-salad thing' (can't remember what it's called!). It's a simple street snack but the flavours are amazing!

They're pretty flexible as far as the route arrangment is concerned. I went for the standard route and it was brilliant. Do take note that this is pretty much designed to be a 'shotgun' sort of tour of the city. So, they'll ride pass the tourist attractions but stopping to go in is not in the plan. But again, they're flexible so if you have something different in mind, let your guide know.

I opted for the 'City Tour'. Paid 35 USD - worth every penny! The grub's included in the package.

Visited July 2013